+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: J.C. Love Field Construction

Varsity Bulldog Dawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to all

Re: J.C. Love Field Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I really don't give a rat's ass...

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Replacing SB and Soccer with paved accessible baseball (and football) parking was the brightest move of all.

Like DeeWayne posted, other than using blue seating, this new place is a home run. with the capability of generating some exciting atmosphere.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Bulldog DD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her game

I believe one way to get cheap labor is through the fraternities. The Greek system has always been huge supporters of Tech athletics and they are often looking for community hours to serve. You may also find that some of them have family members in the construction/refurbishing businesses. I do believe in order to have a packed house on a regular basis something will need to be done about parking and walking to the field. Hopefully someone besides JD will donate $$ for a potential pedestrian bridge in the near future. Go Dawgs!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Or just have a cop direct traffic at the cross walk.

I've been to Baum Stadium (10k capacity) in Fayetteville, AR, they have a huge lot across the street which the campus and city PD maintain the flow of traffic at the crosswalk during game day. With a much smaller venue than Arkansas, I don't see us ever putting an expensive pedestrian bridge across Tech Dr or Alabama Ave. What I do think we need is wider sidewalks and larger intersection corners to handle the pedestrian traffic.

Same as Ole Miss, majority of parking is across the street

Last edited by qng001; 03-01-2021 at 05:10 PM.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

FWIW, Six times this weekend I crossed at the crosswalk. First time I've ever hit the pedestrian cross button. The lights changed within 30 seconds EVERYTIME.
    If the button favors the pedestrians what else can you ask for . . . minus crossovers?

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DD Dawg View Post
    I believe one way to get cheap labor is through the fraternities. The Greek system has always been huge supporters of Tech athletics and they are often looking for community hours to serve. You may also find that some of them have family members in the construction/refurbishing businesses. I do believe in order to have a packed house on a regular basis something will need to be done about parking and walking to the field. Hopefully someone besides JD will donate $$ for a potential pedestrian bridge in the near future. Go Dawgs!
    They sure show it when they leave at halftime.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    They sure show it when they leave at halftime.
    That problem is just as bad on the west side.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    That problem is just as bad on the west side.
    It was marginally better during the high octane years of Crowton and Dykes. Not much, but a little. It has been an issue ever since we started sitting in section D back in the 80’s. Amazing thing is that we meager peons have come up with dozens of ideas about how they could keep fans in the stands. The people paid to do it don’t know how and may never have known.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Very nice high-end lighting. Noticed we got the uplighting package from Musco

From their website, we should be able to change the accent lighting color like below.

Yes, that's what I was told when pointing and clicking at these pics for Pawdawg.

I gave Dr. Guice an A on the lighting upgrade. Very, very faint even shadows at 2B. No shadow at all would meet MLB standards (just double the fixture$).

A lot of the photos I've seen are inside the stadium, how does the entrance look now? Is it almost complete?

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    A lot of the photos I've seen are inside the stadium, how does the entrance look now? Is it almost complete?
    Still a lot of mud at the entrance yesterday but they were pouring concrete like crazy.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Even though I know it’s not fully complete, I’m curious to hear what peoples opinions are of the new stadium now that we’ve had a chance to be in it. My own would be the concern that the overhead roof isn’t extended enough to cover most of the fans from the summer sun and in games where there’s a light rain falling the game will continue but the fans will either have to head for cover or raise umbrellas which is always problematic. Another thing I hope improves quickly, but perhaps understandably isn’t quite right yet is the video board statistic upkeep of the player stats and pitching MPH. My last point is rather trivial maybe but it still seems of poor design and therefore a waste of money is that the chair arms aren’t long enough for both your arms and your cup. Now you have to set your drink on the ground to rest your arms.

Summer is June 20th, our last game is on May 21.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Summer is June 20th, our last game is on May 21.
    I’m pretty sure you got my point that summer sun and sufficient temperatures will be here before June.

+ Reply to Thread