+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: J.C. Love Field Construction

Varsity Bulldog johnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her game

Re: J.C. Love Field Demolition

I was watching live stream on facebook. During the press conference he was trying to give some scale for new stadium to what is there currently. Was anyone there that can say where he was pointing on this slide when he said "the current facility height is about right here."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb019 View Post
    I was watching live stream on facebook. During the press conference he was trying to give some scale for new stadium to what is there currently. Was anyone there that can say where he was pointing on this slide when he said "the current facility height is about right here."

I had the same question.

For those who are concerned with the structure of the overhang, look at it in the above attachment vs the attachment showing the inside of the stadium. Totally different.

I appreciate our Admin getting things out for us to see, I realize it may be awhile before things are finalized. This is basically what our AD said in his closing statements yesterday.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb019 View Post

Just eyeballing the size of this building with the people figures compared to the old grandstand, I thinking the new building is about 1/3rd taller. Maybe more. Tmac said it would be an "imposing" building on the corner. A lot bigger & taller than the old Pat Patterson Park.

But I'd like to hear from someone who was there, too.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post

A rough idea of how the soccer/softball facility will look.
    I spent a little time on the below. The street in the rendering fits perfect inline with Stadium Dr. and Bulldog Dr. The sidewalk down Stadium Dr will get fans directly to the east side entrance.

womens_facilities.jpg

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

That is a much larger footprint than I imagine (I don't know why I imagined it smaller.
    Tailgate alley needs to move back to the TAC to open up those spots. I'd say the softball facility will use up about 30-40% of availalbe JAS parking. I know we have iShuttle available, but we need to start utilizing on-campus parking with shuttles busses.

EDIT - I forgot we are going to utilize the former softball area for parking, so it's a wash. That will probably be more useful year-round for students and baseball.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I pasted the rendering to the google map image. I absolutely do not know how the parking lot will be designed, I just know it'll go in the former softball/soccer site. Tmac says their might be some sidewalk switchbacks to allow for pedestrian access onto the main sidewalk.

Plenty of parking for baseball, plus we have campus parking nearby (Memorial Gym/Hale) and the parking over by the Joe.

jclove_future.jpg

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I spent a little time on the below. The street in the rendering fits perfect inline with Stadium Dr. and Bulldog Dr. The sidewalk down Stadium Dr will get fans directly to the east side entrance.

Attachment 14491
    Thanks, that is sweet.

The backside of the softball field would be some good tailgating grass for football.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

The backside of the softball field would be some good tailgating grass for football.
    But you have to be set up by 5:30am that Wednesday

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    (I don't know why I imagined it smaller.
    twss

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

I pasted the rendering to the google map image. I absolutely do not know how the parking lot will be designed, I just know it'll go in the former softball/soccer site. Tmac says their might be some sidewalk switchbacks to allow for pedestrian access onto the main sidewalk.

Plenty of parking for baseball, plus we have campus parking nearby (Memorial Gym/Hale) and the parking over by the Joe.

Attachment 14492
    That rendering just cant be correct, comparing it with closer images shows no more than 1,000 seats. Time to fix that is NOW, hopefully the real deal will have more.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Based on the look at the mock-ups

1,200 to 1,500 permanent chair backs

Can easily put another 1,000 SRO and berm seating

We don't need a stadium with 3,000 permanent seats
    3,000 permanent seats may not be needed, but 2,000 permanent seats certainly are needed if we are going to play teams like LSU and Arkansas at home. Adam McGuirt confirmed the 1,500 chairback seat number in his podcast with Teddy that also aired on the UAB football pregame show.

Considering there were 1,200-1,300 permanent seats (chairbacks and bleachers) in the old stadium, other than the club seats (not a definite according to Adam), there will only be a minimal increase in permanent seating. The added amenities may be great, but insufficient permanent seating is the primary area where this project doesn't pass muster. And it doesn't look like there will be much in the way of future expansion opportunities without another nearly complete overhaul.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

I think the old stadium sat around 800.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    3,000 permanent seats may not be needed, but 2,000 permanent seats certainly are needed if we are going to play teams like LSU and Arkansas at home. Adam McGuirt confirmed the 1,500 chairback seat number in his podcast with Teddy that also aired on the UAB football pregame show.

Considering there were 1,200-1,300 permanent seats (chairbacks and bleachers) in the old stadium, other than the club seats (not a definite according to Adam), there will only be a minimal increase in permanent seating. The added amenities may be great, but insufficient permanent seating is the primary area where this project doesn't pass muster. And it doesn't look like there will be much in the way of future expansion opportunities without another nearly complete overhaul.
    Tommy said that there was only 800 seats. Looks like a shell game to me.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I was never in favor of having more than 2000 or so permanent seats. It looks horrible to have 1/2 of them empty on a big game night. Even USM has lots of empty seating in big games.

I think we'll be fine with what we have in the works.

+ Reply to Thread