+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: J.C. Love Field Construction

Varsity Bulldog johnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her game

Re: J.C. Love Field Demolition

These are from Saturday.

Varsity Bulldog johnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her game

Could not get a decent picture this morning because of the weather but they have started to remove all of the concrete that was under the turf.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb019 View Post
    Could not get a decent picture this morning because of the weather but they have started to remove all of the concrete that was under the turf.
    Thanks for the update. I would think getting that done pretty much ends the demolition phase. Looking forward to starting the construction phase.

With some luck maybe Mrs TD and I will make the move to Ruston soon so we can keep up with the progress in person.

Concrete pad still being removed. Brick column and black metal fence now gone.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

A 12 month project completion will be almost impossible.

Nobody's fault other than red tape, but being delayed for at least 3 months on the demolition will be the reason we don't play in the new stadium until 2022.

BTW, we have renderings, but no bids have been let yet have they?

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post

Nobody's fault other than red tape, but being delayed for at least 3 months on the demolition will be the reason we don't play in the new stadium until 2022.

I am told the funding matter is not yet settled. Cant move forward much more until that is taken care of.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

9 games will be played at Smith Wills Stadium (Jackson MS) this year.

https://www.wlbt.com/2020/01/21/smit...aseball-games/

Puppy Fletch Fletcher has turned a few heads around hereFletch Fletcher has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post

Mississippi State waited until after the 2017 baseball season (June) to tear down the old Dudy Noble and build the new Dude. They finished enough of it to host games in the following February, 2018 (8.5 months later). This included the entire lower level of the grandstand and all the seating surrounding the outfield. The only areas that weren't finished were the upper deck, the suites & the outfield condos. Below is a picture take just before the 2018 season began:

For reference, this is what it looked like the 8 months earlier:

Having witnessed our rebuild happen so rapidly, I would think 12 months is certainly an obtainable timeframe for rebuilding JC Love.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch Fletcher View Post
    Mississippi State waited until after the 2017 baseball season (June) to tear down the old Dudy Noble and build the new Dude. They finished enough of it to host games in the following February, 2018 (8.5 months later). This included the entire lower level of the grandstand and all the seating surrounding the outfield. The only areas that weren't finished were the upper deck, the suites & the outfield condos. Below is a picture take just before the 2018 season began:

For reference, this is what it looked like the 8 months earlier:

Having witnessed our rebuild happen so rapidly, I would think 12 months is certainly an obtainable timeframe for rebuilding JC Love.
    Thanks for the encouragement.

12 months...possibly. We have not let bids yet. We likely know who will get the bid, but we still have to go through the motions. As you know, it's not a short process.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Drove by JC Love this morning and it looks ready to go. Excavators and debris piles are gone.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    9 games will be played at Smith Wills Stadium (Jackson MS) this year.

https://www.wlbt.com/2020/01/21/smith-willis-stadium-host-la-tech-baseball-games/

Just why in the hell are we playing 9 games in Jackson, MS? I realize we need a place to play, but why in another state? Are the Ruston fields not available, or are they not regulation size or something? I just don't get it.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Just why in the hell are we playing 9 games in Jackson, MS? I realize we need a place to play, but why in another state? Are the Ruston fields not available, or are they not regulation size or something? I just don't get it.
    Best guess?

Jax made the best offer. Of the available regulation size fields, they're charging us the least. Maybe their CVB is even kicking in some cash back.

But that's just me speculating.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Can be a recruiting opportunity, might sign some Miss. kids down the road.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

My guess is We/C-USA wanted us to play conference games on a field with NCAA standard dimensions. RHS does not meet those standards. We are playing 2 series at ULM and 3 in Jackson. I wish they had tried to go to Centenary or even a series at Grambling.
    All our home non-conference games are at RHS.

JMO, but I think Jackson had more to do with accommodations for the visiting teams. We and our opponents struggle to catch flights back home after Sunday games. MLU is really not an advantage with lack of Sunday flights. Shreveport is likely much better, but not as convenient as Jackson for the teams we play there. Rice was a bit puzzling to me. I assumed they would bus up here and that game could have been played in Shreveport. I guess not.

+ Reply to Thread