+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: J.C. Love Field Construction

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: J.C. Love Field Demolition

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Tommy said that there was only 800 seats. Looks like a shell game to me.
    Definite shell game. There may have only been just under 700 chairbacks in the old stadium, but then add in around 600 bleacher seats behind the chairbacks to get to close to 1,300 actual seating capacity in the stadium.

And to respond to Pawdawg, you can't fill seats that you don't have.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post

I agree to an extent. I also know that only a handful of games have been near SRO over the past four years. Arkansas x3 (mostly Hog fans), Rice one game, and USM a couple of games. At best our average attendance is close to 500, but announce 1000+.

I think the concern is to have non permanent seating that can be added if needed to host a regional along with the berm areas. Hopefully we'll pick up something in both right and left field if needed.

I've been to several games at USM. They have a great program, but the grandstand atmosphere is lacking. I've never been to a game at LaLaff, but I rarely if ever see the stands full on TV.

I hope our AD is flexible on the pricing of the seats.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Definite shell game. There may have only been just under 700 chairbacks in the old stadium, but then add in around 600 bleacher seats behind the chairbacks to get to close to 1,300 actual seating capacity in the stadium.

I don't know where Tommy got the 800 numbers. The old JC Love had 1,274 seats, including 1,248 in the grandstand. 606 individual chairback. 642 bench chairback. 26 individual chairback seats on the two dugouts.

From the opening of the stadium in 1971 to the point where Sim began replacing the old bench seating with chairbacks in 2003, capacity was listed at 2,000. That number was accurate. We lost seats with Sim's chairback additions beginning in 2003 as well as the construction of the press box in 2008.

We often put more in the stadium with people sitting in the ailes and SRO at the top of the grandstand. We've also counted anyone in right field and -since the dorms were constructed prior to the 2004 season - anyone in the dorm areas as well.
    Last edited by The Historian; 11-26-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I think the concern is to have non permanent seating that can be added if needed to host a regional along with the berm areas. Hopefully we'll pick up something in both right and left field if needed.
    I think looking at the aerial view of the stadium below that probably temporary bleacher seating could be erected on the paved part down right field line and the grassy part down left field line between the baseball building and the fence.

I hope that they have that taken into consideration when making these plans. I'd hope the facility would allow people to reach those areas easily and that any seating put there wouldn't obstruct any views. Also I hope they thought of these areas as areas for future permanent expansion if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    I think looking at the aerial view of the stadium below that probably temporary bleacher seating could be erected on the paved part down right field line and the grassy part down left field line between the baseball building and the fence.

I hope that they have that taken into consideration when making these plans. I'd hope the facility would allow people to reach those areas easily and that any seating put there wouldn't obstruct any views. Also I hope they thought of these areas as areas for future permanent expansion if needed.
    Pretty sure that's the bullpen area for Tech relievers.

I could see temporary bleachers added down 1st base. Also, what about left center? is there a hill there or could bleachers be added?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    The old JC Love had 1,274 seats, including 1,248 in the grandstand. 606 individual chairback. 642 bench chairback. 26 individual chairback seats on the two dugouts.
    Keeps these figures in mind - they are what matters...

I like having demand for MY seats - something that isn't true in any other sport on campus -

A 50% increase in capacity puts us at 1,911

A 75% increase puts us at 2,230

No need to go much bigger than what they are proposing -

I want an intimate, very nice facility with bells and whistles
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Has the University received any FEMA money yet.

Sorry if already mentioned.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    But you have to be set up by 5:30am that Wednesday
    I really hope this doesn't affect my spot in the gravel lot.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

2500 plus another 500-1000 is more than enough for routine demand and the once every 20 yrs we play LSU at home.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

When this opens, we will have a lot of folks who will want to come out and see the new park. We need to make sure we run this venue in a first class way. This is our opportunity to turn these visitors to season ticket holders.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I'm already pondering - do I try to grab a field level seat right behind the plate or do I take the top row when my dad wants to attend?

Planning on increasing my season ticket seats from 3 to 5
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog johnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her game

I wasnt able to get a picture today. All the turf is piled up on the field now waiting to be hauled off. Home bullpen is gone. They are removing the red brick from the outside of locker room area. The oak tree by Tech Drive was removed. The concrete paths around concession are being removed. I will try and get an updated picture soon.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb019 View Post
    They are removing the red brick from the outside of locker room area. The oak tree by Tech Drive was removed.
    Hopefully they are saving this and will be able to use in the new stadium somewhere.

Varsity Bulldog johnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her game

That's what i was thinking. There was about 5 guys out there taking the brick down. It seemed like they were trying to save them so hopefully the can be reused in some capacity.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

They will use it for something. Otherwise they would not have 5 guys removing it instead of a track hoe.

My guess is for a special wall or brick pathway.

+ Reply to Thread