+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LA Tech Weekly Football Press Conference Transcript: Nov. 19 - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

LA Tech Weekly Football Press Conference Transcript: Nov. 19 - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech head coach*Skip Holtz*spoke with the media Tuesday in preparation for Tech's west-division road showdown with UAB set for Saturday at 2:30 p.m.

More...

Discuss it here.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Re: LA Tech Weekly Football Press Conference Transcript: Nov. 19 - latechsports.com

“Oh, woe is me.” Too many built in excuses. That’s an easy out for what was simply a very poor performance in a game that could very well have decided home field advantage for the conference championship game IF Tech even gets there.

Saying the absence of the suspended plays isn’t any different than them being injured is a huge falsification. It’s enormously different. It’s different to the team because injuries are accidental, suspensions are acts of team disrespect. Being disrespected has a psychological effect, it’s demoralizing. For Holtz to try to excuse or camouflage the players’ suspensions as similar to injuries is equally disrespectful to the team.

Once again I think it shows Holtz’s unreasonable partiality to JMar, a protection of him and in that is an element that goes towards undermining the Team.

Aside from the suspensions factor what this game showed more than anything was Holtz’s failure in his team’s long term readiness, not managing all the prior games and probably practice sessions too in order to have a backup QB ready to go in and execute their position. JMar and his brotherhood of rule breakers may have cost Tech 2 games (TBD), but it’ll be Holtz that costs the team the loses thereafter.

It’ll be very interesting to see if Holtz collapses to the pressure of putting JMar back on the field to maybe salvage this epic ‘History Marking’ collapse.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Re: LA Tech Weekly Football Press Conference Transcript: Nov. 19 - latechsports.com

Agreed. Seems disingenuous to essentially blow off the issue. Some may say that’s the position he can take publicly but I think a simple “disappointed in the actions of those who broke the rules” would demonstrate at least an acknowledgement of the wrong doing.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

J’Mar will start against UTSA. Prepare yourself.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    J’Mar will start against UTSA. Prepare yourself.
    I don’t think anybody on this board doubts that. Should he, probably not. If we win against UAB and Allen plays at least as good as he did against Marshall, he should get the nod against UTSA. If we lose at UAB, the UTSA game is irrelevant then, so you let Allen play for the experience.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I didn't have a problem with any of those quotes.

What else was he supposed to say?

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I would have liked something along the lines mentioned above. "I am disappointed our team leadership made a poor personal choice that hurt the team." Because that is what happened- no matter what team rule was violated they made a choice, a personal action over their teammates.

I would have also liked to hear but we never will "It's my fault we didn't have another QB that was ready for game action."

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Here's what Coach O said about his "ineligible" player https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/...ms/4235209002/
    Orgeron discussed LSU's drug testing policy in general terms on the SEC teleconference on Nov. 6 — two days after Divinity's announcement — when asked how much players are reminded that they must pass drug tests.
    "We talk about it. We have educational seminars for our guys," Orgeron said. "When and if they're drug tested (and drugs in their systems are revealed), we put them in counseling. I think we have a tremendous program of counseling young men of what to do and not to do. And obviously, there are penalties. You face certain consequences after several drug tests (that are positive) that's in place here. We want the best for our kids, but they have rules that they have to follow."

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

So if you read the article and Orgeron or whoever can disclose all of that then Tech can too. I’m stuck on the belief that Tech won’t offer up more policy answers because the school failed in what they should’ve and could’ve done, but didn’t.

As for seeing JMar back on the field, I don’t want to. If we lose to UAB there’s no point in him playing other than to hopefully get Holtz more off the hook.

I hope between Allen or Elliott they can do enough to get us a couple of wins to end the regular season. As much as I hate it, I don’t think there’s a coach in Tech gear capable of getting either of these two guys caught up enough to win at UAB. “We’ll compete,” as HE often says, but we will not have competed at a high enough level to accomplish the task.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Here's what Coach O said about his "ineligible" player https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/...ms/4235209002/
    Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

+ Reply to Thread