+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To Boo or not to boo that is the question.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Re: To Boo or not to boo that is the question.

I wish it was possible to target a deafening ‘BOO’ in Holtz’s ear. I’d do that.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

For rockstar (lowercase r intentional) I'm contemplating 2 options. 1.) Obviously sit on my hands so those in my immediate vicinity see it and comprehend; 2.) Obviously cross my arms and cram my hands in my armpits a la Mary Margaret Gallagher so those in my immediate vicinity see it and comprehend.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe stand up first and raise my hands with outstretched arms as if a big applause is on its way before going to either 1 or 2 above.

Oh, and applaud the other Seniors vigorously, if for no other reason than that they have had to summon up the gumption for the last several years to follow and put their faith in a dope head.

Puppy jwhollis is an unknown

We need to show up and support our team and the seniors. We still have an excellent chance of a good season. We shouldn’t boo anyone(except the refs).

I’ll be driving 300 miles and my butt will be in my reserved seating.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    For rockstar (lowercase r intentional) I'm contemplating 2 options. 1.) Obviously sit on my hands so those in my immediate vicinity see it and comprehend; 2.) Obviously cross my arms and cram my hands in my armpits a la Mary Margaret Gallagher so those in my immediate vicinity see it and comprehend.
    Pretty sure the disgust will permeate all the air space around your seat. We should all feel your aura when you sit down.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    It is classless to boo. That's not the Tech family I know.

What's done is done. Let's move on and finish strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Tech fans are too classy for weak sauce like that.
    Amen! At least the majority are I hope.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

J’Mar made a mistake. I have never smoked or drank, but I can understand why people experiment. Shame that he cost us 1, possibly 2 wins. I agree that booing is not who we are. One thing I keep reminding myself is that a lot of my disgust isn’t directed at J’Mar, but at the coaches who left us with J’Mar as our only option. He is simply doing the best he can with the toolbox God has given him and the lack of development he has suffered in our program.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I think Allen has all the tools to be a serviceable QB, he just has minimal experience. It was only a couple of games ago that he was 3rd string behind Elliot. He will be fine with more reps.
    As far as Smith goes, a pattern of rule breaking isn’t a mistake, that’s a choice. Your team that you’re leading is nationally relevant again and about to break into the top 25, but dopes more important than that to you(Smith). Doesn’t matter whether you call it a plant or if you think it should be legal, it’s still a violation that hurts the team that you are the leader of. Sure, go ahead and hand him the reigns again Holtz, he served his time. Unfortunately, the team paid the price for him.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

In the movie Full Metal Jacket Private Pyle got to eat the hidden donut, Sarge made rest of platoon do punishment push ups, Sarge says they’re paying for it Pyle, eat the donut.

So Smith enjoy your Senior Day...the
    other seniors are paying for it (what might have been this season).

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    In the movie Full Metal Jacket Private Pyle got to eat the hidden donut, Sarge made rest of platoon do punishment push ups, Sarge says they’re paying for it Pyle, eat the donut.

80, that is the best example ever.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Yes, very nice analogy.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I agree. but that said, it's perfectly clear to me that Aaron Allen is NOT prepared to be our QB of the future. In his two outings, Allen has only managed to average 12 points and 265 yds of offense per game. That's pathetic. That won't cut it in a good high school district.
    Everyone (including myself) said the same thing about Higgins when he first started out, but we certainly didn't mind heaping praises on him during his senior year, and deservedly so.

On the flip side, many were ready to crown J'Mar as the next great Tech QB after his near-win at Arkansas his freshman year, then proceeded to absolutely dog him for the next few years as he struggled. Had he not done what he did off the field (which I'm not going to get into here), we would say he did a great job in turning things around in his senior season.

Jeff Driskel used his transfer here as a springboard to the NFL. He would've probably never had that opportunity had he maintained his "bust" status at UF.

The bottom line is that you can't predict how Allen is going to turn out. He may very well be a bust, or he may be "the QB of the future" as you say. Only time will tell.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    Everyone (including myself) said the same thing about Higgins when he first started out, but we certainly didn't mind heaping praises on him during his senior year, and deservedly so.

On the flip side, many were ready to crown J'Mar as the next great Tech QB after his near-win at Arkansas his freshman year, then proceeded to absolutely dog him for the next few years as he struggled. Had he not done what he did off the field (which I'm not going to get into here), we would say he did a great job in turning things around in his senior season.

Jeff Driskel used his transfer here as a springboard to the NFL. He would've probably never had that opportunity had he maintained his "bust" status at UF.

The bottom line is that you can't predict how Allen is going to turn out. He may very well be a bust, or he may be "the QB of the future" as you say. Only time will tell.
    That's why I said Allen "is NOT prepared to be our QB of the future". He needs more preparation. He needs to learn how to throw the ball away (instead of taking a sack, or earning an Intentional Grounding call), how to find his open receivers faster and dispense with the weak arm throws.

And suddenly, BOOM! That TD pass he threw to Graham against UAB was spot on perfect. And so was the would be TD pass that Tucker dropped.

If Tucker had scored on that dropped pass play, Tech would have taken the lead 21-20, and I seriously doubt UAB could have caught us. That one (1) dropped pass could have done wonders for building Allen's confidence, locked up the 2019 CUSA west title for Tech and given the Tech fan base something to be much more excited about. That was a very painful pass drop.

One play.

Big Dog RUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the rough

I went and did not boo but if I had no one would have heard me.

+ Reply to Thread