+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: J'Mar is Done!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: J'Mar is Done!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Wrong. We should put ourselves in the best position to play for the conference championship and that means starting J’Mar.
    Definitely agree with this. We don't have anybody else that can do it. Yes, it's Skippy's fault, but it's true.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    And don’t like if we end up against ULL in New Orleans y’all wouldn’t rather have JMar
    I think ULL is well capable of beating the crap out of us in a bowl without J’Mar. I think we have better talent. They have better coaching, culture, and grit right now. It will be interesting to see if we snap back to pre-suspension form this week. It may not matter who plays QB.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post

I’m upset with Tech, Holtz and the suspended plays. I feel cheated and disrespected as a contributor to Tech.
    That's the damn truth.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Do you consider the last three years as solid. Ticket sales and attendance are going down every year.
    No, I don't. It's been nerve wracking.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    I think ULL is well capable of beating the crap out of us in a bowl without J’Mar. I think we have better talent. They have better coaching, culture, and grit right now. It will be interesting to see if we snap back to pre-suspension form this week. It may not matter who plays QB.
    I sincerely hope we play them in a bowl this year. Maybe then people will wake up and see just how stagnant we’ve become and what a good coaching hire can do for a team.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    I respectfully disagree with bringing in a grad transfer. And Holtz has addressed this before. It makes it hard to recruit a talented freshman QB if they think that after all of their work that a coach will take the easy way out and bring in a grad every year. I get it, but you cannot build a solid program that way.
    I respectfully hope Skip disagrees with you. If you look at the schools that are winning right now, they have transfers that are pretty darn good. We have seen the backup and the work that needs to be done for him to be ready next year. If Skip doesn't find a transfer, it will be a v e r y long year!

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Smith should not simply be handed the ball to start against UTSA. Allen should get the start and at a minimum should get two series to see what he can do.

If the team feels disrespected, they have a chance to play well enough to keep Allen in the game. If Allen isn't getting it done after two series, then and only then should Smith be considered to return.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I respectfully hope Skip disagrees with you. If you look at the schools that are winning right now, they have transfers that are pretty darn good. We have seen the backup and the work that needs to be done for him to be ready next year. If Skip doesn't find a transfer, it will be a v e r y long year!
    I certainly see the advantage of bringing in a grad transfer. Look at Joe Burrow @ Baton Rouge U. But how do you recruit freshman QB prospects? (anyone)

But for whatever reason our receivers have not been catching balls that they should catch in the two AA games. I don't know, maybe they're not used to accuracy?

I see a lot of heart and fire in AA. Two of our toughest CUSA opponents and this kid is firing up the huddle in the last minutes.

Also, in house, any reports on how Jakson Thomson is doing in practice?

Big Dog Cory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud of Cory's Avatar

Wrong. We should put ourselves in the best position to play for the conference championship and that means starting J’Mar.
    Agreed. QB2 just isn’t there yet. That’s the simple truth. Smith gives us the best chance to win. People need to understand that these are young men and they are going to make mistakes. Yes, QB1 is a leadership position, but no one is perfect, and yes, this was a huge misstep on J’mar’s part. He let the entire program down, but life goes on. People make mistakes... I’ve made my fair share, as I’m sure most of the people on this board have as well. Give the guy a chance at redemption and let’s get the win. Saying that QB2 should start (a guy who hasn’t produced jacks**t) is nothing more than an emotional statement. Why? To prove a point?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

That is my feeling as well. And yes I believe in grace and mercy and it should be shown in this case as well.

+ Reply to Thread