+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What has to happen...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

What has to happen...

All the talk is about our failure yesterday and about judging J'Mar, but we ALL know that J'Mar will be back this week. So, what has to happen for us to pull this out. UAB does not play near as well away as they do at home and there were than that good at home - we were just bad.

So, if North Texas was able to pull off the big upset against UAB and we beat UTSA with J'Mar and Taylor, we still are in the championship game, right? Good chance that could be FAU, instead of Marshall? That is a question, because I am just glancing at the standings. UAB, Tech, and Southern Miss all have 2 losses. We won the head to head with Southern Miss, and UAB won the head to head with us. So, we just need to win and UAB to lose. North Texas might have a chance at home and laying it all out there in their last game.

We have a great chance with J'Mar and Taylor playing for redemption! I was so p*ssed yesterday, that I just cut everything off. ONE play would have probably won us that game and it was a perfectly thrown ball that was dropped. I have to move on, so those that want to join me, help me figure this out.

Varsity Bulldog bubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around here bubdawg's Avatar

Re: What has to happen...

Yes that dropped pass makes me sick. Amazing that we stayed in the game to even have that chance.

We need to have our best players on the field Saturday to whup UTSA and have a chance to be in Championship game. We owe that to the players that behaved themselves & put us in the position we are in.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

After two games, my view on AA: he processes the action very well. The game will slow down for him. He sees the whole field MUCH better than JWeed. That pass he threw yesterday down the sideline for six to 13 Graham shows he has enough arm and TOUCH to do what needs to be done. The kid is a passionate leader on the field. He needs to muscle up off season. Aaron Allen is my QB. I just wish it was only the position coach that was coaching him; I just hope HC does not get in his head too much.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

He had a couple of opportunities to pull the ball and (I believe) beat the outside guy for big yardage. I wonder if he is being instructed not to run like Smith was for two years.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    He had a couple of opportunities to pull the ball and (I believe) beat the outside guy for big yardage. I wonder if he is being instructed not to run like Smith was for two years.
    Allen threw too many short passes yesterday, particularly the down and out pattern, that wasn't working. UAB was crouching up to the4 LOS because they didn't think he would throw deep. And they were right about 90% of the time. But that's also why the TD pass to Graham worked, and also why Tucker was wide open on the deep post pattern when the pass was dropped. Point being, Allen has to throw deeper more often to keep the defense honest.

As far as what else needs to happen, Michael Sam needs to be replaced on defense. UAB picked on him all day, and it worked for them most of the time. He alone was probably responsible for most of UAB's offensive yardage yesterday.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Way too many targets to Stanley. He was covered all day and we kept throwing to him.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

I wonder if he is being instructed not to run like Smith was for two years.
    This coaching mindset drive me insane. QB1 was suspended for two games sitting at 8-1. You can either go ultra conservative with QB2 and end up at 8-3 or lay it all out there and still end up 8-3. But which philosophy would give the best chance for 9-2 or 10-1? Probably laying it all out and letting your QB run.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    This coaching mindset drive me insane. QB1 was suspended for two games sitting at 8-1. You can either go ultra conservative with QB2 and end up at 8-3 or lay it all out there and still end up 8-3. But which philosophy would give the best chance for 9-2 or 10-1? Probably laying it all out and letting your QB run.
    It just goes against all you are taught, DO YOUR BEST! If you are holding back, playing not to lose, playing a different game plan to avoid injury, etc.. Play to win, always leave it ALL out on the field, play like you have ten backups for every player.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Unfortunately at this time, QB2 is a 1 read QB. He's not going through progressions. Stanley was targeted too much because he was the #1 option for the called play.
    QB3 is a turnover machine, but has a better feel for the reads. Better arm too.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Unfortunately at this time, QB2 is a 1 read QB. He's not going through progressions. Stanley was targeted too much because he was the #1 option for the called play.
    QB3 is a turnover machine, but has a better feel for the reads. Better arm too.
    Both QB2 & QB3 need time in the saddle to get past their problems. QB1 had the exact same problems plus the tendency to under throw the ball, especially in his first 2 years.

Maybe Jmar gives us a better chance to win Saturday and maybe not. He hasn't played for 2 weeks. He may revert to his old tendencies to play well in practice but not be able to bring it come game time. If he shows he can't get the job done, Holtz needs to be a lot more willing to pull him for Allen or Elliot than he has in the past.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

RE: QB camps in the offseason. How does a QB get to go to one of these camps? Do you have to be invited? If there is a cost, can the school pay for that, or does the kid have to pay? Can the kid's family pay for it?

I've noticed this too. I hope, when the play is in progress, AA will go with instincts and not hear the voice of Holtz so much. AA may take a few butt chewings, but I suspect his stats will be better.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Way too many targets to Stanley. He was covered all day and we kept throwing to him.
    He was predetermined on all those throws. Most of his throws were primary read, even the TD to Graham was a halftime adjustment to go to the 1:1 side - so he did. IMO he's not seeing the entire field and going to his 3rd or 4th option if necessary. Once he progresses past 1-2 he gets nervous in the pocket, not sure whether to throw, run or panic. When he was confident in where to throw, he did so with confidence. Allen isnt bad, He's just very inexperienced and needs time. He did make a game winning throw that was dropped for 6 - js

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

The key for us at this point in the season is that we have to have J'Mar and need the entire team. We should be able to win with them in there. Next year, I have much more confidence about Allen. He showed me that he has ability, but needs a summer of working out and improving in real game time. Elliot has an ARM! That guy can throw the ball. I just wish he was more accurate. If he could improve on that, he could be really something.

Anyway, I will be cheering for Tech and UNT this weekend. We still have a shot at this - we just made it much harder on ourselves and have to depend on UNT.

As for fault, this is on the players. J'Mar is a senior and should have known better! As for Holtz, he did his duty and suspended them - probably didn't have a choice, but at least he didn't try to pull a ULL or LSU deal and get by with something. That would be MUCH worse.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    The key for us at this point in the season is that we have to have J'Mar and need the entire team. We should be able to win with them in there. Next year, I have much more confidence about Allen. He showed me that he has ability, but needs a summer of working out and improving in real game time. Elliot has an ARM! That guy can throw the ball. I just wish he was more accurate. If he could improve on that, he could be really something.

Anyway, I will be cheering for Tech and UNT this weekend. We still have a shot at this - we just made it much harder on ourselves and have to depend on UNT.

As for fault, this is on the players. J'Mar is a senior and should have known better! As for Holtz, he did his duty and suspended them - probably didn't have a choice, but at least he didn't try to pull a ULL or LSU deal and get by with something. That would be MUCH worse.
    I am with you here, but am much, more confident in Tech than UNT.

+ Reply to Thread