+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Expulsion

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

Expulsion

Considering the gravity of what has happened, and the idea that Tech ought to be sitting at 10-1 right now, I'd be ok with the two players being removed from the team. Those guys cost their team and the school a LOT. I'd rather watch and support the school struggle with the replacements than see the big two back on the field. I'm usually a LONG suffering guy when it comes to young athletes and making mistakes, but not here. Where Louisiana Tech headed was special....and selfishness has possibly torpedoed it. Unacceptable. Of course it's up to the coach, but as an alumni, I am very disappointed.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Expulsion

Quote Originally Posted by collardgreens View Post
    Considering the gravity of what has happened, and the idea that Tech ought to be sitting at 10-1 right now, I'd be ok with the two players being removed from the team. Those guys cost their team and the school a LOT. I'd rather watch and support the school struggle with the replacements than see the big two back on the field. I'm usually a LONG suffering guy when it comes to young athletes and making mistakes, but not here. Where Louisiana Tech headed was special....and selfishness has possibly torpedoed it. Unacceptable. Of course it's up to the coach, but as an alumni, I am very disappointed.
    I'm not for kicking them off the team.

I'm disappointed, but more in our coach for not being able to win two road games against very average (really not very good) teams. I'm also disappointed in our bend then break defense the last two weeks.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Our defense, much like 2014, is dependent on offensive production in order to play aggressive. Our coach did not have his backup ready and had not made the effort early on to get him any significant reps.

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

If the leaders of this team accept the guys back then so should the fans. While the two losses hurt and what might have been is absolutely frustrating, all it did was showcase the deficiencies of this coaching staff. The offense is unimaginative and is only capable of scoring points in spite due to the talent on the roster. The defense is only aggressive when they have a lead to play with, our wins are when a man beats a man not due to scheme.

We need a real OC that's allowed to implement an offense to fully realize the talent Tech has at the skilled positions. We need to either get a new DC or go find active LBs to fit the scheme Diaco is trying to run. All of this moot though if Skip thinks the same old same old is good enough and he doesn't hold his Coordinators responsible.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SIC_EM_DAWGS! View Post
    If the leaders of this team accept the guys back then so should the fans. While the two losses hurt and what might have been is absolutely frustrating, all it did was showcase the deficiencies of this coaching staff. The offense is unimaginative and is only capable of scoring points in spite due to the talent on the roster. The defense is only aggressive when they have a lead to play with, our wins are when a man beats a man not due to scheme.

We need a real OC that's allowed to implement an offense to fully realize the talent Tech has at the skilled positions. We need to either get a new DC or go find active LBs to fit the scheme Diaco is trying to run. All of this moot though if Skip thinks the same old same old is good enough and he doesn't hold his Coordinators responsible.
    Agreed, this matter of accepting JWeed back into the fold is something the team should be judge and jury on. My hope is that there is a spirit of forgiveness and redemption from them, and a spirit of contrition and remorse from J.

RE: real OC? Can we all wish this for Christmas? And for Holtz to leave him alone. Watch Saban on the sidelines...

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    Agreed, this matter of accepting JWeed back into the fold is something the team should be judge and jury on. My hope is that there is a spirit of forgiveness and redemption from them, and a spirit of contrition and remorse from J.

RE: real OC? Can we all wish this for Christmas? And for Holtz to leave him alone. Watch Saban on the sidelines...
    Excellent point!!

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Excellent point!!
    As someone has already said, Ed Orgeron is a good example of learning not to mess with your coordinators, He learned the hard way. Hire them and leave them the He77 along! I hate to use that place to the south as an example, but that is a large part of the formula.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Holtz isn’t done yet paying for all of his decision making mistakes going all the way back to his proclamation of JMar as his “RockStar”. I hope he’s smart enough to know now how truly stupid that was. Holtz is smoothed in all kinds of mistakes ranging from lazy unambitious coaching hires, to lackadaisical game scheming to his unimaginative play calling. The man seems to not be able to get out of his own way. My point is, I don’t know that we can even begin to guess what stupid shit is going to befall him next, but it’s coming.

As for JMar and the ‘Team’ aspect of things, we already know the answer. The Team didn’t vote JMar as a captain for reasons they know about and JMar blew off his role as a team leader in smoke rings.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Holtz isn’t done yet paying for all of his decision making mistakes going all the way back to his proclamation of JMar as his “RockStar”. I hope he’s smart enough to know now how truly stupid that was. Holtz is smoothed in all kinds of mistakes ranging from lazy unambitious coaching hires, to lackadaisical game scheming to his unimaginative play calling. The man seems to not be able to get out of his own way. My point is, I don’t know that we can even begin to guess what stupid shit is going to befall him next, but it’s coming.

As for JMar and the ‘Team’ aspect of things, we already know the answer. The Team didn’t vote JMar as a captain for reasons they know about and JMar blew off his role as a team leader in smoke rings.
    That is my thought exactly. Do I hope our guys can forgive, rally around J’Mar, and make a push for us to get a rematch in Huntington? Yes. Am I convinced that guys who didn’t think a 5th year guy was worthy of being team captain will play hard for him now? No.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SIC_EM_DAWGS! View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post

I agree.

+ Reply to Thread