+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: flopping

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Conf Cusa flopping

if you didn't see it last night, fiu's defense was inexplicably able to dominate miami for 3.5 quarters, and fiu came away with a huge upset win. it was an entertaining game for a cusa fan, but the most remarkable thing to me had nothing to do with the actual play between whistles: i lost count of how many obviously fake hamstring injuries fiu had. any time they wanted just a little more time to get their defense set up, a player would go down with a hamstring cramp. unbelievably obvious.

what are your thoughts about how the ncaa should address this? is there some rule they can make that will be effective in preventing teams from doing this? should we just accept that it's part of the game?

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Re: flopping

here's an especially obvious one:
    https://twitter.com/gifdsports/statu...842507271?s=20

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Any injured player must sit out the remainder of that series.

Opponents should be allowed to send video in to NCAA to report players faking. Any player found faking is subject to a 1 game suspension.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    what are your thoughts about how the ncaa should address this? is there some rule they can make that will be effective in preventing teams from doing this? should we just accept that it's part of the game?
    I think it should be longer than a one play sit out. I'd like them to include the following series since it's on the defense 99% of the time.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.

New rule: anytime a player causes the game to be halted, for any reason, that player must sit out a minimum of two series, a defensive player must sit out two of his team’s defensive series. Same for offense of course.

Also there should be a 30 second run off of the clock at the option of the other team. But, if a player is truly injured, then a very short reasonable time will be allowed to get that player off the field. Trainers can dash out and quickly help the player off the field but to avoid penalties that player cannot return that half. However a team can burn a timeout and use that period to deal with the injured player without further penalties.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Some combination of the things listed would be a good start.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

That's Unsportsmanlike Conduct, if there ever was such an animal.

I've said it before many times, any football player that has to be helped to the sideline or tended to on the filed (that results in game stoppage), should be held out of action for a least one (1) full 15 min quarter, for "further evaluation". That alone, would stop this nonsense.

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

I've felt for some time that a player who goes out with an injury should not be able to come back in until the next defensive series. I believe that would stop a lot of this foolishness.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by olddawgfan View Post
    I've felt for some time that a player who goes out with an injury should not be able to come back in until the next defensive series. I believe that would stop a lot of this foolishness.
    I agree.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

That's why I love hockey. Even if the penalty and injury are legit, if you add too much drama you sit in the box for 2 minutes for embellishment.

If they would add this to soccer I MIGHT actually watch it. No more magic spray and a quick return to the field.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

What was especially obvious last night is that several of the FIU players who flopped actually jumped off the ground when they got up after "treatment".

The CFL rule enforced for many years requires players who need attention on the field to sit out for a minimum of three plays. Some variation of that rule is definitely needed because the abuse by certain teams will continue without it. The ethical conduct statement in the rule book just isn't cutting it because certain coaches just don't believe in coaching ethically.

Coaching Ethics
    Deliberately teaching players to violate the rules is indefensible. The coaching of intentional holding, beating the ball, illegal shifting, feigning injury, interference, illegal forward passing or intentional roughing will break down rather than aid in the building of the character of players. Such instruction is not only unfair to one’s opponent but is demoralizing to the players entrusted to a coach’s care and has no place in a game that is an integral part of an educational program.

The following are unethical practices:

g. Feigning an injury for any reason is unethical. An injured player must be given full protection under the rules, but feigning injury is dishonest, unsportsmanlike and contrary to the spirit of the rules. Such tactics cannot be tolerated among sportsmen of integrity.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Choot' 'em!

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by olddawgfan View Post
    I think that is a much better idea than giving out unsportsmanlike penalties. I don't trust most of these refs to call penalties as it is and I don't want to give them another avenue to screw up a game. Sitting out one play is obviously not enough of a deterrent. If a player is legitimately injured they probably won't be back in one play anyway. Make it 3-4 plays or a series as others have suggested. I don't think it would eliminate it completely, but it would reduce it dramatically.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

if you didn't see it last night, fiu's defense was inexplicably able to dominate miami for 3.5 quarters, and fiu came away with a huge upset win. it was an entertaining game for a cusa fan, but the most remarkable thing to me had nothing to do with the actual play between whistles: i lost count of how many obviously fake hamstring injuries fiu had. any time they wanted just a little more time to get their defense set up, a player would go down with a hamstring cramp. unbelievably obvious.

3 plays minimum for any injury that they have to stop the game for.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

12 men on the field... 5 yard penalty. Results in a First Down

+ Reply to Thread