+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Penalty Disparity Saints vs. Opponents?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Penalty Disparity Saints vs. Opponents?

No one who lives, or is from, Louisiana can accuse anyone of being a "bandwagoner" fan of the Saints when they themselves support teams from elsewhere. From the moment the Saints were formed, announced on November 1, 1966, I have been nothing but a Saints' fan. Prior to that, and secondarily afterwards, I was a Baltimore Colts' fan....Johnny U!...I was also a Baltimore Orioles' fans for years for the same reason, every summer we went to Maryland to visit relatives and my Uncle Pat held season tix for both the Colts and O's. We would see a couple of O's games and at least one Colts' preseason game when up there. I was young, the Colts and O's were good, and I became a fan. But with the advent of the Saints, that was it for me, nothing but black & gold. I did, however keep the Colts as my second team and cheered them on as they beat a certain team 16-13 in the Super Bowl...even that completely faded away when the players I liked back then retired.

I have also been a Notre Dame fan for as long as I can remember. I am not passionate about them, but I do hold ND as a second team, mostly as a casual fan. Unless they play Tech, I will root for ND. But, I don't really care, don't get upset if they lose.

The only reason North Louisiana flocked to the Cowboys pre-Saints and even during the Saints' early years, is because they were good. If Dallas was a consistent 2-12 type team year after year, there would be no Cowboy fans to be found anywhere, let alone in Louisiana. By definition Louisiana Cowboy fans are the very epitome of bandwagoners.

So, for someone to criticize lifelong Saints' fans for being Saints' fans, and they themselves nothing but bandwagoners, is laughable.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

As for LSU...well my family was HUGE Tulane fans, so I was raised to hate the tiggers. Over the years (decades) "hating" a sports' team seemed silly to me. I am not an LSU fan...as in, I don't care if they win or lose. I am a CFB fan, love the sport, and at times, like this year, LSU is in the thick of the news. They are good this year, legit, and much like Clemson, Ohio State, and even Oklahoma, LSU has earned the accolades. I have respect for the team...within the confines of the on-the-field accomplishments...because they are good. I do not "hate" the players & coaches.

As for the fans...well, like some of you, I find it curious, even frustrating that so many LSU fans are nothing more than "Walmart Warriors" buying all that ugly purple and yellow garb. As for alums, former players, and any such folks, yeah, they have every right to root for LSU, and they should.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Honestly, even as a Cowboys fan, I'm okay with the Saints bs, but tying them and LSU together is beyond weird to me.

#LOUISIANAPRIDE #CorndogNation
    Yep the Walmart crowd.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    No one who lives, or is from, Louisiana can accuse anyone of being a "bandwagoner" fan of the Saints when they themselves support teams from elsewhere.
    The only reason North Louisiana flocked to the Cowboys pre-Saints and even during the Saints' early years, is because they were good. If Dallas was a consistent 2-12 type team year after year, there would be no Cowboy fans to be found anywhere, let alone in Louisiana. By definition Louisiana Cowboy fans are the very epitome of bandwagoners.

So, for someone to criticize lifelong Saints' fans for being Saints' fans, and they themselves nothing but bandwagoners, is laughable.
    I agree. To your below statement quoted, and I promise I'm not poking fun but addressing your comment.

"If Dallas was a consistent 2-12 type team year after year, there would be no Cowboy fans to be found anywhere, let alone in Louisiana. By definition Louisiana Cowboy fans are the very epitome of bandwagoners. "

The N. Louisiana Saints fan base, and the last 10 years E.Texas in all honesty, has increased because Dallas has been a 8-8 or worse team 13 of the last 23 years. They haven't reached the NFC Championship game in 23 years (1996). The cowboys have only won 3 playoff games since 1996.

Just saying guys.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

People love the Cowboys for the same reason people in Baton Rouge love the Braves. They could watch the games.

I think some people love the Cowboys for the same reason they eat McDonalds. They have fond memories as a child and those are hard to overcome. You cannot argue with the iconic logo of the Dallas Cowboys and the legendary image of a Cowboy, an icon of what it means to be an American. There is a reason teams spend so much effort on branding. It matters.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I have to admit, I grew up appreciating the Braves and knew most every player, but I have always been a Cubs fan. However, the reason is the same. I have been watching them since I was 4.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

So yall are saying that games that are 1) hard to tailgate at 2) hard to watch and 3) aren't on tv aren't developing a new generation of fans?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    So yall are saying that games that are 1) hard to tailgate at 2) hard to watch and 3) aren't on tv aren't developing a new generation of fans?
    I.....well......yep, that’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    You cannot argue with the iconic logo of the Dallas Cowboys and the legendary image of a Cowboy, an icon of what it means to be an American. .
    Yes I could argue that one.

+ Reply to Thread