+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Orleans....vs USL

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

New Orleans....vs USL

Though some think there are downsides to this match up, I think it would be great.
    First, WHEN we win it, we'd have a leg up on them in recruiting.
    Second, it would be a near sell out. Sadly, we do travel well, but we do ok. USL would help fill the dome and the crowd would look great on TV.

Yes, I know people will throw rocks. But I'd welcome a New Orleans Carrier Bowl against the Cajuns

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: New Orleans....vs USL

Sell out? Nah. I think I'd pass. Though, some here have argued that playing a 10-win ULL would mean more than a 6 win P5.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by collardgreens View Post
    Though some think there are downsides to this match up, I think it would be great.
    First, WHEN we win it, we'd have a leg up on them in recruiting.
    Second, it would be a near sell out. Sadly, we do travel well, but we do ok. USL would help fill the dome and the crowd would look great on TV.

Yes, I know people will throw rocks. But I'd welcome a New Orleans Carrier Bowl against the Cajuns
    This game couldn't sell out The Joe or Cajun Field, but you think it would sell out the Dome? Pass.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with others who have said that none of the bowls are remembered except the NY6 and playoff other than by the fans of those teams. At this point, Skippy is just coaching to keep the 10,000 die hard fans engaged.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

This would be one of my top preferences (the bowl - not necessarily the opponent). It would sell out - pretty sure they only use the lower bowl for NO Bowl. I think 35-40,000 would be great turnout for that matchup.

I don't mind play UL-L. I think they should be a regular on ALL of our athletics schedules. Pretty sure football is the only one that isn't.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

What’s sad is I view our 9-3 season as a huge disappointment. I welcome the possibility of playing ULL in a bowl game this year. Not too long ago we pounded them in Ruston. Curious to see how things would go now. It could be comforting. It could me more of the same blah and eh. It could be a harsh reality check.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

They have a leg up on recruits because of the stipend. The only way we can offset that it to beat them on the field. FCOYHCSH can do it!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

If everybody wants LA Tech to play in the NO Bowl this year, then put Tech against Saturday's winner of the game between Appy St and ULALA. The winner of that CCG game becomes the undisputed champion of the Sunbelt Conference. LA Tech has NEVER lost a game to a Sun Belt football team. Now's the Sunbelt's chance to break the curse! LOL!

Of course, if LA Tech wins the game, then Sunbelt fans should stop all this nonsense about how good the Sunbelt is these days, and openly acknowledge LA Tech's dominance. I'm up for it, because I think we need to swat them back a couple of notches every few years anyway.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

This would be a "who cares" bowl and match-up. Hopefully despite our late season screw ups, we will end up in Dallas, or even the I-Bowl against a better opponent. The NO Bowl does nothing for TECH. We need to be somewhere it will help us. No one cares about the NO Bowl- I can't say I have ever even watched it- including when TECH played there. I simply followed the scores on ESPN while at Disney having fun.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    They have a leg up on recruits because of the stipend.
    So is this gonna replace Title 9 as the new boogeyman?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

On one hand I'll say having to play ull in a bowl is just deserts for this Tech team. We are not very good anyway. On the other hand...just say "No!"

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    If everybody wants LA Tech to play in the NO Bowl this year, then put Tech against Saturday's winner of the game between Appy St and ULALA. The winner of that CCG game becomes the undisputed champion of the Sunbelt Conference. LA Tech has NEVER lost a game to a Sun Belt football team. Now's the Sunbelt's chance to break the curse! LOL!

Of course, if LA Tech wins the game, then Sunbelt fans should stop all this nonsense about how good the Sunbelt is these days, and openly acknowledge LA Tech's dominance. I'm up for it, because I think we need to swat them back a couple of notches every few years anyway.
    The above highlighted will never happen. Their fans and ADM aren't rational thinkers; never have been and never will be.

I'm all for Dallas vs. a P5 or the I-Bowl vs a P5 ACC team.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I hope we play them. Would be a well attended game and chance for bragging rights in state.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I hope we play them. Would be a well attended game and chance for bragging rights in state.
    Been there, done that and we won.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    No bragging rights are if we take down LSU!

+ Reply to Thread