+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Orleans....vs USL

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Re: New Orleans....vs USL

All I know is Skip likes to take a nose dive every season and then brag about his bowl streak. If you combine the 2 events into 1 thought, you'd conclude that Skip takes a nose dive each season to end up in bowls he can win to keep his streak alive and pad his resume, but I try not to draw a line between the 2 events.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I don’t want the NO Bowl, but I haven’t seen anyone saying decline an invitation-hopefully TECH would never be that stupid.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    People who think we should decline an invitation to play a legitimate top 20 team in New Orleans, please explain your argument.
    No one is talking about us declining a bowl invite. Having preferences where another bowl opponent trumps a belch opponent does not equate to "let's not bowl." Besides, in this case, it was some Appy State fans expressing a desire to avoid someone....CUSA.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

By "decline" I mean we have an option to play in New Orleans against a top 20 team or in Shreveport against a more recognizable brand who had a down year. I'm not even saying we have the option, but I'm saying if we do have the option. I'm going to the game either way and it's easier for me to go to Independence. But all the trashing of App State is hypocritical. The "separation" due to conference affiliation is dubious. There are some teams in G5 conferences that are better than teams in P5 conferences. I'm not into propagating myths just because some people believe them.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I'm not into propagating myths just because some people believe them.
    Me neither, but we are trying to sell tickets to people who believe those “myths”.

That said, it probably doesn’t matter all that much either way. I went to the last NO Bowl and had a great time.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Well, as a regular to this board, you know I am not one of those "trashing of App State." They are good and would be tough to beat for any CUSA team, including us, and Appy State would compete very well with the majority of the teams that will ultimately bowl, even most of the P5s. Of our previous 5 bowl opponents Navy was the best and that was reflected in the competitiveness of the game. We blew out our other 4 opponents. Appy State would be very much like Navy was...a tough opponent.

As a CFB fan I think Appy State is better than Louisiana Tech in 2019. But, not much better and so on any given day we can beat them on a neutral field. Also, while Appy State is also unbeaten in modern bowl history, 4-0, Skippy seems able to prepare his team for bowls, so I would fully expect the Dawgs to have every chance to beat Appy State in a bowl game this month...just have to make the plays.

Last year Appy smoked MTSU 45-13 in the NO Bowl. Yeah, CUSA is so much better...

All that said I would prefer a P5 opponent and the Indy Bowl would be okay, since I don't really wish to drive any distance. The quick trip to New Orleans (Friday) was enough to last me for awhile. But, I also don't have the same confidence in this version of Skippy's Bowl Dawgs as I have in the past. When we beat Illinois and Navy we had a good QB... Playing a decent P5 might spell the end of the bowl win streak. Just saying. Of course, regardless, I will make every effort to attend the bowl in person and once there will be a very vocal supporter of our Dawgs.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    All I know is Skip likes to take a nose dive every season and then brag about his bowl streak. If you combine the 2 events into 1 thought, you'd conclude that Skip takes a nose dive each season to end up in bowls he can win to keep his streak alive and pad his resume, but I try not to draw a line between the 2 events.
    You don't believe that do you?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Of course not. Skip’s just a mediocre coach.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Why would we?....Just because BOTH times that Skip Holtz has gotten really close to winning a CUSA title at LA Tech, he has managed to conveniently sabotage himself and his own team with key player suspensions the night before kickoff(s)?

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Why would we?....Just because BOTH times that Skip Holtz has gotten really close to winning a CUSA title at LA Tech, he has managed to conveniently sabotage himself and his own team with key player suspensions the night before kickoff(s)?
    All three. He intentionally lost at USM in 2016 too. I think he cost us home field that year didn’t he?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

You guys have been dipping the real CBD oil.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

The Dawgs should have been in the CUSA Championship Game. About an hour before the game, I told my brother that UAB would get their asses kicked!!!! I also told him that whatever bowl game they get....they will get their asses kicked in that game too!!

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    All three. He intentionally lost at USM in 2016 too. I think he cost us home field that year didn’t he?
    Don't forget 2014 at ODU that cost CCG homefield that year too.

It is a habit that seems to be more than just merely a series of coincidences.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    You guys have been dipping the real CBD oil.
    I don’t need CBD oil to know a mediocre coach when I see him.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

UAB vs App St in NOLA. Blazers will get curb-stomped

+ Reply to Thread