+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Tech Accepts Invitation to Independence Bowl - latechsports.com

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Louisiana Tech Accepts Invitation to Independence Bowl - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Organize the Boy Scouts!
    I would help with that, but I'll be out of town. If they offer us discounted tickets, I'll let my Pack know.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I would help with that, but I'll be out of town. If they offer us discounted tickets, I'll let my Pack know.
    Groups of 20 or more can get tickets 50% off. That just $15 for the cheapest seats.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    Groups of 20 or more can get tickets 50% off. That just $15 for the cheapest seats.
    good to know

Varsity Bulldog bubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around here bubdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech79 View Post
    I don't agree with that. There were no complaints that I know of about the crowd size in 2008 (41,000) and certainly not in 1990 when it was over 48,000. I've been to every Independence Bowl (EXCEPT 2012) and have been a member of the Independence Bowl Foundation for years and I never felt that was the case, and if we get the crowd we should have, it won't be a problem!
    If it is true the Indy Bowl is in trouble wouldn’t it be ironic that Tech played in the first one & the last one!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

That might be poetic, but irony is a situation wherein what actually happens is the opposite of what was expected.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    That might be poetic, but irony is a situation wherein what actually happens is the opposite of what was expected.
    THIS! Almost everyone uses the word "ironic" to mean "coincidental" nowadays... :P

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, irregsrdless of that fact...........

Did anyone else hear Doug Collins say that in the judiciary hearing? I wanted to jump through the tv and poke him in the eye.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

SYNONYMS FOR irony 1, 2 Irony, sarcasm, satire indicate mockery of something or someone. The essential feature of irony is the indirect presentation of a contradiction between an action or expression and the context in which it occurs.

Example: Corruption of Congress

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    SYNONYMS FOR irony 1, 2 Irony, sarcasm, satire indicate mockery of something or someone. The essential feature of irony is the indirect presentation of a contradiction between an action or expression and the context in which it occurs.

Example: Corruption of Congress

You dont expect corrupt politicians?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bubdawg View Post
    If it is true the Indy Bowl is in trouble wouldn’t it be ironic that Tech played in the first one & the last one!
    We didn't play in the first one, 1976, that was McNeese vs Tulsa...as I recall.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    We didn't play in the first one, 1976, that was McNeese vs Tulsa...as I recall.
    Buddy I recall it the same way. Tulsa vs. McNeese. Tulsa was a heavy favorite, but McNeese pulled the upset 20-16. The I-Bowl originally invited Rutgers, but they said we will think about it and call you back tomorrow, so Tulsa stepped in.

Now McNeese had 16 players unable to play in the game, so they were big underdogs. Ten were ruled ineligible for being red-shirt seniors, against NCAA rules at the time. Six others for breaking team rules!! Imagine that, suspending players for the first ever I-Bowl, such a big game!! The rules they broke? Having a girl in their dorm room, that was a big no-no at McNeese back then. But alas, the Cowpokes pulled it together and won the game. At least that is how I recall it, but I was only 8 years old at the time so my memory may be a little off.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    You dont expect corrupt politicians?
    You can't corrupt the corrupted. That's the irony.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    You can't corrupt the corrupted. That's the irony.
    Did Epstein further deeply corrupt the already corrupted Slick Willy Clinton?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I blame Alanis Morisette.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Did Epstein further deeply corrupt the already corrupted Slick Willy Clinton?
    Dude.....give it a rest already.

Sincerely,
    Everyone on BB&B

+ Reply to Thread