+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Robertson Named FWAA First Team All-America - latechsports.com

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: Robertson Named FWAA First Team All-America - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    He has nothing left to prove at the college level. I hate it that we are unlikely to have him next year, but entering the draft is a no brainer. At his size, it would be hard to go much higher than the 3rd. Good luck to him.
    I agree with you 100%. No reason to come back for another year, other than if he just wanted to play here another season. He is a 3rd or 4th rounder this year or next. Might as well get paid next year and be one year closer to that second contract. Good for him he has earned it. Bowl game? Totally his call, I will wish him the best either way.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    When programs like Bama, LSU, Ohio State, etc...have these kids enter the draft early it's like, no big deal, good luck to 'em (we have someone just as good or better waiting in the wings). But for Tech, this is disappointing and detrimental to the team's prospects for next year. Yeah, I know all the personal reasons for Amik doing it. Just stating the obivous as it relates to Tech. Dwayne is offering him as one of the top 10 players all-time in Tech history. And, maybe he is...which is all the more reason to be disappointed by this. We don't get kids this quality (and in bunches) every year.
    I get being disappointed when we lose a great player. It's understandable. But in Amik's case, he never hid the fact that this was his plan. It's the reason he came to Tech. He turned down a legitimate offer to sign with LSU because they said the plan was the redshirt him and he wouldn't see the field for 2-3 years. Tech gave him an opportunity to start from Day 1. He had a kid in high school and wanted to get to the NFL as soon as possible. Everyone in the building knew he was gone at the end of the season before we took our first snap of fall practice.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    I agree with you 100%. No reason to come back for another year, other than if he just wanted to play here another season. He is a 3rd or 4th rounder this year or next. Might as well get paid next year and be one year closer to that second contract. Good for him he has earned it. Bowl game? Totally his call, I will wish him the best either way.
    Amik has to play in the Indy Bowl game, because it's another opportunity for him to showcase his abilities, and possibly improve his draft status. If he was a sure fire 1st rounder, I may feel differently. But he's not. The Indy bowl game offers Amik a big name opponent, a national TV audience and one more chance to improve his draft status. Another good performance by Amik on national TV might move him from a 4th round pick to a 2nd round pick. That difference could mean additional millions to his pocket book.

I predicted weeks ago the Amik would not be returning for his senior season, and I have no problem with that. But, there's a difference between putting your body at risk for a whole senior season, versus just one bowl game. The bowl game offers him another chance that next season can't guarantee. Amik should take advantage of what the Indy Bowl offers, and finish his wonderful college career in Shreveport.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

I figured Amik would leave this year. I am proud of him and will be a fan of him in the next level. Great leader on and off the field. Shows that great athletes can play immediately at smaller schools and make a difference and get attention from the NFL.

That’s what makes the end of this season so painful. Another season filled with wasted opportunities in my opinion.

Our history is filled with wasted opportunities. Good never great. Decent seasons. Okay seasons. Good seasons. Never great seasons. Wether it’s injuries or suspensions, we always manage to end the year with a sigh.

We had a cupcake of a schedule this year, and managed to sleepwalk through it saving the inevitable let down to late in the season with a dope smoking QB1 and an underprepared prepared QB2.

I would love to see us at least with an Indy Bowl win to get to double digit wins for the year (something I have doubted that Skip can do).

Amik is proof that we can get talent. We just can’t seem to manage that talent over the course of one season.

Varsity Bulldog OkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    ... Tech gave him an opportunity to start from Day 1. He had a kid in high school and wanted to get to the NFL as soon as possible. Everyone in the ...
    He had a kid in high school? Guess I'm not understanding this statement???

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OkieDawg View Post
    Well, when two people love each other...
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

It takes money to support a child.

Varsity Bulldog OkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to all

okay smartasses ... maybe Amik is older than I thought? When I was in high school, I was 14-18 years old! Did Amik father this child at 5-6 years old or did he marry a pre-made family?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

okay smartasses ... maybe Amik is older than I thought? When I was in high school, I was 14-18 years old! Did Amik father this child at 5-6 years old or did he marry a pre-made family?
    He fathered a child when HE was in HS. The kid is probably 4-6.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Thank you! As you can see, I interpreted that differently!

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I get being disappointed when we lose a great player. It's understandable. But in Amik's case, he never hid the fact that this was his plan. It's the reason he came to Tech. He turned down a legitimate offer to sign with LSU because they said the plan was the redshirt him and he wouldn't see the field for 2-3 years. Tech gave him an opportunity to start from Day 1. He had a kid in high school and wanted to get to the NFL as soon as possible. Everyone in the building knew he was gone at the end of the season before we took our first snap of fall practice.
    Plus I would rather have players of the quality who have the legitimate option to leave three years after high school, then guys who are here five years before embarking on a career outside football. The question is simple, was Tech better off having Amik for three years? Of course, no doubt about it. Whatever decision he makes, good for him. Leave? Great, go make your money and take care of your family. You want to skip the fourth-tier bowl game to prepare for the combine and whatever all-star game you play in? Again, go ahead you have been a team first guy, you have earned the right to take care of you and yours now. Best of luck to you, look forward to watching you on Sundays.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Amik has to play in the Indy Bowl game, because it's another opportunity for him to showcase his abilities, and possibly improve his draft status. If he was a sure fire 1st rounder, I may feel differently. But he's not. The Indy bowl game offers Amik a big name opponent, a national TV audience and one more chance to improve his draft status. Another good performance by Amik on national TV might move him from a 4th round pick to a 2nd round pick. That difference could mean additional millions to his pocket book.

I predicted weeks ago the Amik would not be returning for his senior season, and I have no problem with that. But, there's a difference between putting your body at risk for a whole senior season, versus just one bowl game. The bowl game offers him another chance that next season can't guarantee. Amik should take advantage of what the Indy Bowl offers, and finish his wonderful college career in Shreveport.
    Weeks ago? I think I finally predicted something before you did, HD. When we signed Amik, knowing LSU offered him, I told my people he could be a three and done. Then after a few games his freshman year, I said no way does he play four years. He is as special as you can be as a corner. I don’t know if he can beat you in the 40, but his combine will be very important irregardless.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Weeks ago? I think I finally predicted something before you did, HD. When we signed Amik, knowing LSU offered him, I told my people he could be a three and done. Then after a few games his freshman year, I said no way does he play four years. He is as special as you can be as a corner. I don’t know if he can beat you in the 40, but his combine will be very important irregardless.
    Thanks for the non-word ”irregardless” this morning.

I think most of us have known for a long time that Amik has NFL talent. But becoming a serious high draft pick in the NFL requires more than just talent. A player also needs good coaching, a lot of snaps, good professional advice, some luck and most importantly, to avoid serious injuries along the way. Amik didn’t accomplish all that until this season.

IMO, Amik is the best defensive player we’ve had come thru here in at least a decade, maybe more. He’s always been a good football player, but now he’s ready for the next step. Let’s all hope that he joins Xavier Woods in the Dallas Cowboys defensive backfield. The Cowboys need a “shutdown corner” like Amik.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Thanks for the non-word ”irregardless” this morning.

I think most of us have known for a long time that Amik has NFL talent. But becoming a serious high draft pick in the NFL requires more than just talent. A player also needs good coaching, a lot of snaps, good professional advice, some luck and most importantly, to avoid serious injuries along the way. Amik didn’t accomplish all that until this season.

IMO, Amik is the best defensive player we’ve had come thru here in at least a decade, maybe more. He’s always been a good football player, but now he’s ready for the next step. Let’s all hope that he joins Xavier Woods in the Dallas Cowboys defensive backfield. The Cowboys need a “shutdown corner” like Amik.
    I hope not. I'd actually like to buy an Amik Robertson jersey. I'd like to get for Xavier Woods too, but it's not going to happen as long as he plays in Dallas.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    I hope not. I'd actually like to buy an Amik Robertson jersey. I'd like to get for Xavier Woods too, but it's not going to happen as long as he plays in Dallas.
    ”Got Dat Right!”

+ Reply to Thread