+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: @LATechWBB Hosts Grambling State Monday

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: @LATechWBB Hosts Grambling State Monday

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    True.... And we know Brooke can coach. The question is if we have the talent to work with.... I think we have conference title talent, but our youth is going to take a while to be consistent.
    Do we? I want to believe.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Do we? I want to believe.
    I think she can. I think it has been a matter of being able to recruit top talent. I guess that could be considered coaching, though. I want to see a big come to Tech (one that can run the floor, but absolutely rule under the basket). That has been a missing ingredient for a while now. Guards have been taller, which is good, and we have seen decent forwards. I want a true Center, though.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I think she can. I think it has been a matter of being able to recruit top talent. I guess that could be considered coaching, though. I want to see a big come to Tech (one that can run the floor, but absolutely rule under the basket). That has been a missing ingredient for a while now. Guards have been taller, which is good, and we have seen decent forwards. I want a true Center, though.
    We have had extremely sloppy play during her time here (and before that, to be fair). Is that simply a talent issue? Maybe.

I realize no one cares about it but it's sad to watch.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I have become disillusioned with Brooke as head coach. Yes, she runs a clean program, has good graduation rates, her players tend to stay out of trouble...all good things. But, speakly strictly about the on-the-court product, ah, not so good. I cannot say why she looked so brilliant at NSU and only mediocre at Tech. Yes, overall, the caliber of competition is a little tougher in CUSA vs. the SLC. But, that does not explain barely beating a 1-7 SWAC team. If Grambling was actually kind of good, like they came in 6-1 or something, then yeah, getting a win would be sufficient. But, GSU is not only a SWAC team, but not even a good one.

WBB is not important in the big picture. Tech used to be good at it, back in the day, it was fun to follow a nationally ranked team. But those days are gone forever, and now, well, just don't do anything stupid...like that boy coach...to embarrass the university. Have nice winning seasons, run a clean program, and if occasionally we get lucky and the team makes a nice run, well then, enjoy that ride.

Love dem Techsters!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

It's time to do something BOLD!

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

You know, Grambling deserved to win that game. They were inbounding the ball on their side of the court with a few seconds left on the clock, down by 2, and were probably going to inbound and take a quick 3 point shot and still have a second or two for a rebound and put back to tie it. But, they got called for 5 second delay and that was the end of that. We got out played, out hustled, out coached, out whatever other sports cliche you want to put here, but ended up with the win. I'm supposed to say good teams find a way, but we are not that good team. We need a big.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    We need a big.
    If our smalls could hold onto the ball, that'd be even better.

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    If our smalls could hold onto the ball, that'd be even better.
    Turnovers are problem #1. Not having a big in the paint to pound the ball in, contributes to that problem.

+ Reply to Thread