+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to the Game?!?!?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Going to the Game?!?!?

The council did not make the decision. They help form the rules, but they DO NOT enforce the rules. However, it makes for better drama to assume and say some part of academia is responsible for the sports suspension decisions.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    The council did not make the decision. They help form the rules, but they DO NOT enforce the rules.
    To clarify -- do suspensions such as these come before the Council? If so, do they require Council approval, or are they just reviewed as an information item?

However, it makes for better drama to assume and say some part of academia is responsible for the sports suspension decisions.
    I havent looked up the current Council membership, but I know for a certainty -- 1) at least some academics are Tech sports fans; and 2) at least some academics are sympathetic to marijuana use.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    To clarify -- do suspensions such as these come before the Council? If so, do they require Council approval, or are they just reviewed as an information item?

I havent looked up the current Council membership, but I know for a certainty -- 1) at least some academics are Tech sports fans; and 2) at least some academics are sympathetic to marijuana use.
    Going back to before Thibodaux, Blackshire, Shaw (among many many others) the council is aware of the actions taken by the university decision makers. Obviously we normally hear from the HC who speaks for the sport unless the coach is involved in the "drama" then we hear from the AD. I doubt much of any player related punishment is decided without our President, AD, and HC being involved, but I'm sure the HC has a certain amount of freedom to act w/out consulting his bosses. In this case Holtz may have asked for some "extra consideration", but obviously he did not get it. Again, the council is not a court system that judges athletes.

Varsity Bulldog GODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her game GODAWGSGO's Avatar

Sooooo This is not the thread about going to the game?

The sixth bowl game in six years game?

The sixth different bowl game, in the city with the most Tech graduates, and the city that probably has the most current Tech parents game?

Varsity Bulldog GODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her game GODAWGSGO's Avatar

Can we please drop it now and concentrate on the game that is a week away?

Yes, I agree. We the fans should stay focused.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Is Miami going to have enough players to field a team -

My fear is so many are not playing - we are fixing to get to the young ones who want to make a statement for playing time in 2020 and beyond...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

My fear is so many are not playing - we are fixing to get to the young ones who want to make a statement for playing time in 2020 and beyond...
    We definitely want to play the checked-out, "just get the season over" version of Miami.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

I think Miami is going to be a lot tougher than most LA Tech fans think. I'm surprised at how little respect our fans are giving Miami. For instance, we have Tech fans on the CUSA board posting that Miami is not near as good as Appalachian St. (UAB's opponent) this year, etc... I don't like it. Miami still has a whole roster full of 4 and 5-star players that are --by and large-- much bigger and much faster than our guys. And like you said, the younger ones may have something to prove.

Right now, it wouldn't surprise me if Miami beats us by 20 points.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I think Miami is going to be a lot tougher than most LA Tech fans think. I'm surprised at how little respect our fans are giving Miami. For instance, we have Tech fans on the CUSA board posting that Miami is not near as good as Appalachian St. (UAB's opponent) this year, etc... I don't like it. Miami still has a whole roster full of 4 and 5-star players that are --by and large-- much bigger and much faster than our guys. And like you said, the younger ones may have something to prove.

Right now, it wouldn't surprise me if Miami beats us by 20 points.
    They are very talented. For sure. And their defense will be really good. Nobody's talking trash. It isn't some horrible insult to say that App St was better than Miami over the course of the 2019 football season. Miami lost to Georgia Tech. And North Carolina (who App. beat). And FIU (who certainly isn't as good as App St.)

They had a lot of close losses (which means they're probably a little better than their record). And a tougher schedule than App. Sure.

I don't think any Tech fan thinks this is going to be an easy win. That's not the same thing as saying Miami isn't as good as a 12 win team.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

In my 22 years of "serious" tailgating I have no idea how many people I have fed over the years from our spot located in the area formerly known as Tailgate Alley and in years prior from a big tent (not the humongous circus tent) that I pitched where the pavilion now stands; probably well over 10,000.

Anybody want to return the favor on the 26th? Asking for a friend.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

After watching CUSA embarass itself on national TV, 'cept for FAU, I sure hope we show up!

Another reminder...this is an opportunity for Tech to accomplish a few things, namely a 10th win! A 6th straight bowl win, and beating a P5...not something the Holtz/Smith duo has managed to accomplish yet.

I will be there and I will cheer as loudly as I can. I hope a few of you will join me in this endeavor.

Go Dawgs!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

It would not surprise me if this is our last appearance in the Independence Bowl. It seems it is getting more and more unlikely they will be able to keep it going much longer. So, be there or be square for our 5th appearance in the I Bowl!

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    It would not surprise me if this is our last appearance in the Independence Bowl. It seems it is getting more and more unlikely they will be able to keep it going much longer. So, be there or be square for our 5th appearance in the I Bowl!
    I'm just pissed we aren't playing ULM

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

The TAG TAILGATE PARTY comes to Shreveport to cheer on the Bulldogs at the Independence Bowl this Thursday, December 26th!
    The TAG Tailgate Party will be held at the Exhibition Building at the Fairgrounds. The Exhibition Building is located between the Ag Center and the Zoo,
    The Party will open the doors at 11:00 a.m. and the menu will include Fajitas, our famous TAG Tailgate Burgers, Sausage. Hot Dogs, soft drinks and more. (Bring Your Own Adult Beverages). We encourage you to bring your favorite side dish, dessert and chips & dip.
    Admission is only $10.00
    for ages 13 and up, Free for kids 12 and under.
    Please contact Adam Bullock @ 318-820-1456 for more information or how you can participate at the Tailgate Party.

+ Reply to Thread