+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Amik Declares for NFL Draft

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Amik Declares for NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Uh oh! Somebody must’ve hacked HD’s account!

STAY FOCUSED! That post clearly indicates that Amik is a lower round draft pick as of now, so anything he can do to move up (something you obviously know nothing about ) would be beneficial to his cause.

Your problem is that you purposely misinterpret other people's statements...because you think its cute & funny. Well, you're not cute & funny. Please stay focused.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    STAY FOCUSED! That post clearly indicates that Amik is a lower round draft pick as of now, so anything he can do to move up (something you obviously know nothing about ) would be beneficial to his cause.

Your problem is that you purposely misinterpret other people's statements...because you think its cute & funny. Well, you're not cute & funny. Please stay focused.
    Shows what you know! I’m incredibly cute. Further, if you weren’t drawing a comparison between where you think Amik is and where he could be, your statement was useless in the current thread and discussion. Knowing you to be a man of efficiency and wit, I assumed you we’re actually trying to contribute to the discussion as opposed to making an unrelated and arbitrary statement that doesn’t apply to the current discourse.

Have you thought about running for Congress?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Shows what you know! I’m incredibly cute. Further, if you weren’t drawing a comparison between where you think Amik is and where he could be, your statement was useless in the current thread and discussion. Knowing you to be a man of efficiency and wit, I assumed you we’re actually trying to contribute to the discussion as opposed to making an unrelated and arbitrary statement that doesn’t apply to the current discourse.

Have you thought about running for Congress?
    Still trying to be cute, I see. My "drawing a comparison between where you (I) think Amik is and where he could be" is perfect for a thread titled "Amik Declares for the NFL Draft". Especially if Amik is not planning on playing in our bowl game.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Still trying to be cute, I see. My "drawing a comparison between where you (I) think Amik is and where he could be" is perfect for a thread titled "Amik Declares for the NFL Draft". Especially if Amik is not planning on playing in our bowl game.
    Maybe, because you run so fast, you sometimes read too fast.

Why even mention the late second round?

I’ll say again, if you think Amik could do ANYTHING next Thursday to propel himself from the 5th round to the late second, you’re nuts.

Maybe, because you run so fast, you sometimes read too fast.

Why even mention the late second round?

I’ll say again, if you think Amik could do ANYTHING next Thursday to propel himself from the 5th round to the late second, you’re nuts.
    Well, that's where you and I disagree. Amik is a little guy no one has ever heard of from a small school few people have ever heard of. If he has one of those "USM game" type performances --3 INT's on national TV, against the University of Miami-- it could definitely help improve his draft status. THAT was the point of mentioning the late 2nd round. (But I realize you are slow. V-e-r-y s-l-o-w.) But the point is now moot due to his "injury" announcement anyway.

Amik is a playmaker. THAT'S what he can do --that's all he can do-- to potentially improve his draft status. He won't get any bigger, or faster, or prettier, before draft day. BUT, he does have one more opportunity to be a playmaker --on national TV-- before draft day. THAT was the point.

Like I said...risk/reward. I agree that he could improve his status with a lights out game, but only marginally. And, what typically happens is that whoever he is covering doesn't get targeted. So, is it worth it to risk injury to jump up a few spots? Nope.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

With a bad knee he wouldn’t be at the top of his game and might not even play. I just wish him the best for his future.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said...risk/reward. I agree that he could improve his status with a lights out game, but only marginally. And, what typically happens is that whoever he is covering doesn't get targeted. So, is it worth it to risk injury to jump up a few spots? Nope.
    That is my argument. He was targeted, what, a half dozen times in the last 3 games?

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    That is my argument. He was targeted, what, a half dozen times in the last 3 games?
    Agreed, not sure the number, but it was very few. His decision, it’s done, best of luck in the draft and league. Hopefully he has a long career.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Since Amik will not be playing, who will take his side? Or will players be moved around?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    Since Amik will not be playing, who will take his side? Or will players be moved around?
    His backup has moved to #1

+ Reply to Thread