+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Amik Declares for NFL Draft

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Amik Declares for NFL Draft

It's a business. We are paying/hoping to see a game.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    It's a business. We are paying/hoping to see a game.
    Maybe the bowl games will eventually go the way of the old "College All-Star Football Classic".

From 1934-1976, the best graduating seniors in college football played the defending Super Bowl champions in a football All-Star game before the start of the new season. This game went away for obvious reasons. Maybe the Bowl games will do the same.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/12/08/co...ter-joe-greene

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I remember those games. That was a pretty crazy idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Maybe the bowl games will eventually go the way of the old "College All-Star Football Classic".

From 1934-1976, the best graduating seniors in college football played the defending Super Bowl champions in a football All-Star game before the start of the new season. This game went away for obvious reasons. Maybe the Bowl games will do the same.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/12/08/co...ter-joe-greene

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

But if guys like him won’t show up for their bowl game, then why should the rest of us?
    Because millions don’t hang in the balance for the rest of us.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I wish him well, but that sucks that anyone thinks its OK to sit the bowl game out. They were provided a scholarship and opportunity to play football, and the commitment they made is not complete. I hate to see him make this choice. Yes, I know there are many that do this, but, that doesn't make it right. Say what you will, but he does owe it to TECH to play.

Bulldog Tech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the rough Tech79's Avatar

I was really hoping we would be the exception to this "Non-Participation" trend, especially after Jaylon Ferguson upheld his end of the bargain last year. Even Carlos Henderson waited until after the Navy bowl game to declare! But, what are you going to do?

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Bummer, but that the way it goes. He is definitely one of my favorites. Hope he has great success in the NFL.

This is a nice Christmas present for Miami. Maybe they can return the favor by not throwing any passes in the bowl game.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Grambling's beat writer is reporting that Amik has been nursing an injury and was not practicing anyway.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I wish him well, but that sucks that anyone thinks its OK to sit the bowl game out. They were provided a scholarship and opportunity to play football, and the commitment they made is not complete. I hate to see him make this choice. Yes, I know there are many that do this, but, that doesn't make it right. Say what you will, but he does owe it to TECH to play.
    Tech has gotten more in the publicity surrounding Amik than the cost of his scholarship...many times over. He doesn't "owe" Tech anything at this point. He's been one of the classiest and hardest working players to EVER come through halls of our alma mater.

Whoever is advising him is leading him straight on this one.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Tech has gotten more in the publicity surrounding Amik than the cost of his scholarship...many times over. He doesn't "owe" Tech anything at this point. He's been one of the classiest and hardest working players to EVER come through halls of our alma mater.

Whoever is advising him is leading him straight on this one.
    Your opinion doesn't change the commitment he made.

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

Just wondering:

Is it fair then, that if a player "elects" to sit out the bowl, then he does not receive the awards bestowed on players from the bowls? Granted, I do understand that he will be able to purchase any of this gift stuff they get when he's drafted. BUT it obviously holds some value, or the bowls would not distribute the gifts. If they are benched due to injury, this would not apply, but if they ELECT to not play or say GOT SUSPENDED.

Just curious on opinion.

Well, "officially" Amik is sitting out because he's nursing a nagging injury.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Well, "officially" Amik is sitting out because he's nursing a nagging injury.
    Yes, and I bet he will be on the sideline with his team mates.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Gee, what was Jaylon thinking!? He played in the bowl game, got hurt, and ruined any chance he had of a pro career.

No, wait....
    This is a really troubling trend. No one is a bigger fan of Amik than me. But if guys like him won’t show up for their bowl game, then why should the rest of us?

In the end, we’ll all get a watered down product for our bowl game. If this trend continues, I can see a day when the bowl games become obsolete, and go away in favor of a bigger playoff system. At least with a playoff, the athletes will have a reason to hang around and play til the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech79 View Post
    I was really hoping we would be the exception to this "Non-Participation" trend, especially after Jaylon Ferguson upheld his end of the bargain last year. Even Carlos Henderson waited until after the Navy bowl game to declare! But, what are you going to do?
    Some reading comprehension would be useful for you guys, since it was already posted in Amik's own words that he's nursing injuries and can't practice. He's not in the group of players sitting out "just because." I obviously can't speak for him, but based on his track record, if he was healthy he'd probably be playing.

If he's already got injuries that affect his ability to practice and he's getting ready for the biggest job interview of his life, why should he risk further injury just because you want to see him play? If he tries to play and either gets hurt or has a terrible showing, it's going to hurt his future a lot more than it's going to hurt your feelings.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Sorry, but I call BS on his whole "nagging injury" ploy. His agent, and those around him hoping to ride his coattails to a big check, are telling him not to risk it. Yes, he has that right. But we also have every right to express our displeasure with his decision. And for me, it's not just this bowl game, it's his senior season too. Again, he can do as he pleases. But don't tell me I have to like it.

He's no longer a Dawg, so I wash my hands of him. Next!

+ Reply to Thread