+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Independence Bowl vs Miami

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Re: Independence Bowl vs Miami

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    It was ugly, but we had a great time in spite of the poor performance.
    The old school WAVE that got rolling thru the stadium may have been the most creative play of the night...

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Awesome defensive performance and game plan.
    Only game this season they were shut out.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I will add to my takeaway:

Someone invited 2017 J’Mar, and it was the bad version of that year.
    The concessions were running out at the beginning of the 3rd.
    Beginning of the game, bathrooms were pretty clean. At the end, a half inch of water in the floor.

Best part of the night was after the game. We went to Academy to get my daughter a Saints T-shirt since she is the only one who didn’t get one from Santa. 7 years old and already a die hard Saints fan.

Big Dog Dorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Only game this season they were shut out.
    And the only shutout in 34 years of the Independence Bowl.

Apologies to those who like to see field goal attempts. None today. But we had plenty o’ punts.

Nice crowd and a nice win against a “big time” program. The weather was great to boot.

The end was puzzling to me. JMar slid short of the goal line, presumably to be able to run out the clock. I think a couple of kneel downs would have run out the clock. BUT, we then run the ball. It was great we scored a TD, but what if Tech had fumbled and Miami ran it back for a TD? They would have tied or, with a 2 point conversion, beaten us when we could have been up 14-0 of JMar had just completed the run the first time.

What did I miss? Is there some sound strategy to what Tech did there?

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Just imagine how this game might’ve turned out if JMar had played closer to his potential. If half of his poorly thrown unforced error type throws had been better, Tech might’ve, should’ve, could’ve won 28-0. I guess you can say the score doesn’t matter much after the fact. The thing is though that once again part of the Tech team didn’t play to its potential and as is the case more often than not its the part that Holtz oversees.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I will add to my takeaway:

Someone invited 2017 J’Mar, and it was the bad version of that year.
    The concessions were running out at the beginning of the 3rd.
    Beginning of the game, bathrooms were pretty clean. At the end, a half inch of water in the floor.

Best part of the night was after the game. We went to Academy to get my daughter a Saints T-shirt since she is the only one who didn’t get one from Santa. 7 years old and already a die hard Saints fan.
    I remember going to the last Miami vs Tech game, the bathroom had standing water. Must be bad old plumbing at Independence Stadium

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I remember going to the last Miami vs Tech game, the bathroom had standing water. Must be bad old plumbing at Independence Stadium
    Has to be. Indy Bowl in 2008 had same issue.

Big Dog Dorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to behold

The referee looked like Fred Armisen discovered steroids and got jacked.

I heard he was fined for wearing black and white body paint instead of an actual ref shirt.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Miami pretty much carried him over the goal line there at the end. Better for them I suppose.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dorm Fridge View Post
    The end was puzzling to me. JMar slid short of the goal line, presumably to be able to run out the clock. I think a couple of kneel downs would have run out the clock. BUT, we then run the ball. It was great we scored a TD, but what if Tech had fumbled and Miami ran it back for a TD? They would have tied or, with a 2 point conversion, beaten us when we could have been up 14-0 of JMar had just completed the run the first time.

What did I miss? Is there some sound strategy to what Tech did there?
    what it looked like to me at first is that jmar (smartly) took a dive to run out the clock, but holtz wanted him to go ahead and get another score, so cut him loose to run it again. could be they knew the personnel maimi had in the game had no chance of stopping the qb run? maybe they wanted to give the fans a little more excitement to end the game?

either way, 14-0 looks better than 7-0. maybe holtz wants it to look as bad as possible for manny so that he gets fired and we can hire him back to run our d?

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

I Just want to verify something i thought i saw at the game, Am I crazy or did Miami get 6 plays on a set of downs at one point? I mean we got the ball back regardless cause Miami's Offense was the biggest turd out there tonight but still.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post

either way, 14-0 looks better than 7-0. maybe holtz wants it to look as bad as possible for manny so that he gets fired and we can hire him back to run our d?
    Yeah that ain't going to happen!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post
    Anyone else, feel meh?

the season i cared about died in Birmingham.
    Hell no!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyarms View Post
    Lol Miami pulling him into the end zone on purpose
    Replay doesn’t look like it.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    They should dump the gatorade on Miami's OC
    Come on. Our Dawgs on defense played great!

+ Reply to Thread