+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Independence Bowl vs Miami

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Independence Bowl vs Miami

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    They should dump the gatorade on Miami's OC
    Come on. Give our Dawg defense major credit for playing great!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    So this BORING game ends with a flagfest. Wonderful.
    Defensive battles are boring for many. However, winning Bowl games isn’t boring.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Replay doesn’t look like it.
    Pulling him? I suppose not. But they didn’t put any effort into stopping him at that point.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Scrolling through twitter, it makes me smile to see the major online meltdown of Miami fans venting on the internet.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Of course I prefer our offense to play well, to be a well-oiled machine. But! I LOVE watching a dominating defense!!! I get all giddy when my team(s) are awesome on defense!

Smith is mediocre, at best. All the blogs I follow have been absolutely brutal on Miami, but some posters have also said "What's up with Tech's QB, he sucks." Smith is the QB of record in our last three bowl wins, but in each case it was the defense that won the games.

And this...James Jackson played a big game last night, and I said when the suspensions occurred his absence was the biggest loss. Last night Smith-Hardy contributed nothing to the cause, and the other guy acting out of pure selfishness, Amik, played no role in a HUGE shutout win!!! That's right, Amik, the loyal Dawgs delivered a big defensive effort, on national TV versus a P5 team. And did it without you! Suck on that, bud!

Yeah, I know, many of you defend Amik's decision. But, obviously, I don't. Oh, and guess what, none of our DBs who played last night got hurt. Imagine that...

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Of course I prefer our offense to play well, to be a well-oiled machine. But! I LOVE watching a dominating defense!!! I get all giddy when my team(s) are awesome on defense!

Smith is mediocre, at best. All the blogs I follow have been absolutely brutal on Miami, but some posters have also said "What's up with Tech's QB, he sucks." Smith is the QB of record in our last three bowl wins, but in each case it was the defense that won the games.

And this...James Jackson played a big game last night, and I said when the suspensions occurred his absence was the biggest loss. Last night Smith-Hardy contributed nothing to the cause, and the other guy acting out of pure selfishness, Amik, played no role in a HUGE shutout win!!! That's right, Amik, the loyal Dawgs delivered a big defensive effort, on national TV versus a P5 team. And did it without you! Suck on that, bud!

Yeah, I know, many of you defend Amik's decision. But, obviously, I don't. Oh, and guess what, none of our DBs who played last night got hurt. Imagine that...
    Oh, but you forget....he was nursing that fantom injury he suffered in the UTSA game! You are spot on....I hope he enjoys looking at the rings of his abandoned team mates!

And another thing...I am SO glad to see the last of the rockstar. That was the worst of the worst performance of a Tech QB since....well, since the majority of his games he played in. Even the Miami fans were making fun of him.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Come on. Give our Dawg defense major credit for playing great!
    The defense was special last night, can't argue that.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

I was surprised that we won the line of scrimmage against a team with 4 and 5 star players. They got some good pressure on J'Mar, but we ran the ball well. They protected their QB's better, but couldn't run on us. I think being able to force them to throw was the difference in the game.

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Man some of ya'll are like little depressed rain clouds, having to get upset and down about something even when we just had a perceptively HUGE win. Don't worry and be happy, at least for a little while.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I think the TD at the end came from the tackler trying to strip the ball more than make a tackle. The result was him kind of spinning Smith into the end zone.

The defense did play very well, no question!

The offense ran the ball effectively enough especially when you consider we didn’t do hardly anything different than what we normally do.

The passing game was mostly ineffective except for about 6 catches. Otherwise JMar missed his mark as bad as he ever has. He just isn’t a skilled touch pass QB. All in all I’d say he was worse without Rattay trying to fine point him.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BoutThemDawgs View Post
    Man some of ya'll are like little depressed rain clouds, having to get upset and down about something even when we just had a perceptively HUGE win. Don't worry and be happy, at least for a little while.
    I get little satisfaction in beating bad teams.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I think the TD at the end came from the tackler trying to strip the ball more than make a tackle. The result was him kind of spinning Smith into the end zone.
    The real problem was Not Taking a knee!! Imagine if hi-mar is stripped of the ball and Miami scores a td. Pure stupidity not taking a knee there.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    The real problem was Not Taking a knee!! Imagine if hi-mar is stripped of the ball and Miami scores a td. Pure stupidity not taking a knee there.
    My take was that J'Mar did the right thing by sliding and Skip told him to go ahead and take it in to give us 14. I was just guessing at the time, but Skip knew that we were going to win at that time and just put a little icing on it for J'Mar. Our defense showed that we could hold - especially with less than a minute left.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Saw a meme with a great stat. Number of four and five star players on the roster: Miami 33 Tech 1.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

The both experience of playing Miami, their fanbase were assholes. We had a Miami fan sit in the Tech section throwing up the "U" and talking a lot of smack next to us. He left at halftime. I guess he went back to his hotel to cry and snort his coke.

+ Reply to Thread