+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6 in a row

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

6 in a row

I am as upset as anyone about a season that could have been if we had not lost 2 games due to the events that happened. We all know that this could have been a 12 (or even 13) win season... That didn't happen, though, and there is no going back in time. We can either choose to get stuck in the past or move forward. I chose to move forward and was VERY excited about our 6 BOWL VICTORY in a row! The fact that it was a P5 team and it was MIAMI (the most hated team), was only one of two bowl games on the day after Christmas (good time slot for families to watch), it was a shut out, and we had an awesome crowd on tv made it all just perfect!!!!!! I would have liked to have seen our offense show out a little, but our DEFENSE played out of their minds. We beat one of the best pass rush defenses in the country and it all made the end of 2019 that much better! Skip beating Diaz (whom I wish we still had) was just gravy.....

So, I choose to celebrate today! All the complaints are fine if you want to live that way, but it IS a choice. Beating Miami on national television and being the only team right now with 6 straight bowl wins (we will see if Oregon can beat Wisconsin now) is awesome!!!!!

I am on to the Saints now, then can focus on Bulldog and Lady Techster basketball a little more! I will worry about Tech football for next year later in the summer.

Happy end of 2019 Everyone!!!!!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 6 in a row

And a bit of Trivia:
    Louisiana Tech (for today) owns the longest current bowl winning streak at 6. Wisconsin plays Oregon the Rose Bowl New Years Day, so we will see if they can keep up. The team Wisconsin beat to get to 5 straight bowl wins was no other than Miami last year.

Also, we caused Miami to have a losing season at 6-7. The last losing season they had was 6-7 and that last loss came in the Independence Bowl just like this year.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

LaTech Re: 6 in a row

In riding shuttle bus back to Mall St Vincent, there was a family decked out in North Texas Mean Green attire. Do not like it when LSU people do that at our games. That being said, the cool thing was, this family has gone and was going to all the Bowl games involving CUSA teams this Bowl season. Thought that this was pretty cool thing. In their defense, it would have added more expense to their budget, buying a jersey or shirt for each CUSA game they saw play this Bowl season.

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    In riding shuttle bus back to Mall St Vincent, there was a family decked out in North Texas Mean Green attire. Do not like it when LSU people do that at our games. That being said, the cool thing was, this family has gone and was going to all the Bowl games involving CUSA teams this Bowl season. Thought that this was pretty cool thing. In their defense, it would have added more expense to their budget, buying a jersey or shirt for each CUSA game they saw play this Bowl season.
    That is pretty cool! One shirt with all the CUSA teams playing in bowls would have been perfect. I sort of like the fact that they were representing their school, though.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    I heard about the LSU fans that set up outside of the entrance and were playing the LSU fight song, etc. as Tech fans were leaving. Classless and obnoxious. You have to wonder if they even attended LSU BR?

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    I heard about the LSU fans that set up outside of the entrance and were playing the LSU fight song, etc. as Tech fans were leaving. Classless and obnoxious. You have to wonder if they even attended LSU BR?
    Most likely not....

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I am as upset as anyone about a season that could have been if we had not lost 2 games due to the events that happened. We all know that this could have been a 12 (or even 13) win season... That didn't happen, though, and there is no going back in time. We can either choose to get stuck in the past or move forward. I chose to move forward and was VERY excited about our 6 BOWL VICTORY in a row! The fact that it was a P5 team and it was MIAMI (the most hated team), was only one of two bowl games on the day after Christmas (good time slot for families to watch), it was a shut out, and we had an awesome crowd on tv made it all just perfect!!!!!! I would have liked to have seen our offense show out a little, but our DEFENSE played out of their minds. We beat one of the best pass rush defenses in the country and it all made the end of 2019 that much better! Skip beating Diaz (whom I wish we still had) was just gravy.....

So, I choose to celebrate today! All the complaints are fine if you want to live that way, but it IS a choice. Beating Miami on national television and being the only team right now with 6 straight bowl wins (we will see if Oregon can beat Wisconsin now) is awesome!!!!!

I am on to the Saints now, then can focus on Bulldog and Lady Techster basketball a little more! I will worry about Tech football for next year later in the summer.

Happy end of 2019 Everyone!!!!!!!
    Great post!

It does not matter how we (our players and coaches) won, we won. We beat Miami. We ended 10-3. We ended our season on a win against a P5, well known team. I can tell you any Tech alum here in Florida has a little pep in the step today.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Low IQ useless idiots.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    And a bit of Trivia:
    Louisiana Tech (for today) owns the longest current bowl winning streak at 6. Wisconsin plays Oregon the Rose Bowl New Years Day, so we will see if they can keep up. The team Wisconsin beat to get to 5 straight bowl wins was no other than Miami last year.

Also, we caused Miami to have a losing season at 6-7. The last losing season they had was 6-7 and that last loss came in the Independence Bowl just like this year.
    I second your excellent post Gary!!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Sonic workers and Walmart greeters.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

I think we should come up with a name for all of Tech's games against conference foes that indicates it is a "bowl" of some type. Surest way to win all our conference games since Holtz has this "bowl game" thing figured out. I'm kidding of course, but I've become confident of a Tech win when they are playing in a bowl game. I know the streak will end some day, but it's a glorious thing for now.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I heard about LSU fans being obnoxious, but I didn’t witness it. In fact, I don’t think there was any more LSU garb than at the other IBowls I’ve been to.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

If they are wearing Tech gear, they probably went to Tech. If they're wearing LSU gear, they probably went to Walmart!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

The LSU fans I saw were very WT.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

The LSU fans I can’t across were chill, and respect our program and fan base. Good on them. Good atmosphere all around yesterday.

+ Reply to Thread