+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My FB post this morning...

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: My FB post this morning...

Absolutely a great post.

Many times I've copped a poem I first heard used, and possibly authored, by one of our esteemed athletic alumni, Leo Sanford:

"I'm Bulldog blue,
    I bleed Bulldog red,
    and when I die,
    I'll be Bulldog dead!"

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

The people that really get me are those that graduated from LSU-S but everything they present is as though they were on the BR campus the whole time. A co-worker from years ago had his office decorated in all things LSU - tiger pictures, Tiger stadium pics, purple/gold everywhere. Talked about going to games in BR. Having your college degree on the wall was a big deal back then. This guy's degree, though, was situated so it was difficult read. You could easily see it was degree - big, nice frame and all. But you could not sit in a chair in his office and read that is had Louisiana State University - Shreveport.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone remember a few years back when the LSU-S graduation ceremony had a tiger mascot attend? (They are the Pilots, for the record)

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    The people that really get me are those that graduated from LSU-S but everything they present is as though they were on the BR campus the whole time. A co-worker from years ago had his office decorated in all things LSU - tiger pictures, Tiger stadium pics, purple/gold everywhere. Talked about going to games in BR. Having your college degree on the wall was a big deal back then. This guy's degree, though, was situated so it was difficult read. You could easily see it was degree - big, nice frame and all. But you could not sit in a chair in his office and read that is had Louisiana State University - Shreveport.
    I figure that by late Monday night, early Tuesday morning that I was the only LSU-S-E-A graduate with a BS degree not on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/Tinder claiming WE DID IT!
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Anyone remember a few years back when the LSU-S graduation ceremony had a tiger mascot attend? (They are the Pilots, for the record)
    Disgusting!

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

I wonder... Since attending LSU-S-E-A is the equivalent of attending the LSU mother-ship, I guess UL-x alum can improve their employment prospects by claiming they went to Tech.

Varsity Bulldog Dawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to all

Tenaciousdog--LOL--that's my beloved father in law Mr Sanford...and, yes, he still says it! Leo was glued to the TV for the NC--he just loves football, and of course wanted LSU to win..got to be happy for them...it does, however, lend credence to every Tom, Dick, and Harry that says 'we did it" to now give a minimum $ to TAF so they can feel ever more self important...this literally could be thousands of new donors....that is why I made the comment elsewhere that this does indeed set us back...especially in the giving department...just my opinion...I lead a mens group and one of the biggest diehard guys I know in our group, both he and his wife graduated from Tech, his father in law played at Tech, but because his wifes father-in-law ia big shot medical doctor here they get all kind of free LSU tickets, etc...he claims being from BR he is entitled to support them, and strongly....it's not likely the needle will ever move much...but that doesn't mean we can't figure out how to fund a full stipend, begin an athletic fee, improve gamely experiences,
    strive to improve in every way to maybe get into that next level of a conference, etc...all we can do is strive to be who we can be, and I feel we are still a long way from being top class...

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg74 View Post
    Tenaciousdog--LOL--that's my beloved father in law Mr Sanford...and, yes, he still says it! Leo was glued to the TV for the NC--he just loves football, and of course wanted LSU to win..got to be happy for them...it does, however, lend credence to every Tom, Dick, and Harry that says 'we did it" to now give a minimum $ to TAF so they can feel ever more self important....
    I first met Mr Sanford when I bought my senior ring from him at Minden High back in 1972 before my senior year. He had been retired from the NFL about 12 years and to me looked as big as a bear. When he was sizing me for my ring he asked what I was going to do when I graduated and I told him I was headed to LouisianaTech. In my fading memory he told me I'd made a 'hellofva good choice' and wished me well.

I clearly remember a few years ago in Bossier at the La Tech Advancement Group thing he was recognized for all he'd done for Tech through the years. He closed his short speech with that poem and brought the house down.

I begrudge the BR school nothing for winning the NC. But that's not my school and I don't understand Tech grads that relate to the BR school first. You can bet I'll be 'Bulldog dead' having not worn any BR school gear! And I damn sure won't be sending them any money.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Yep, yep and yep, Steve!

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    This guy is the type I have a problem with:

....my home state university? He graduated from La Tech.

I'm not saying he shouldn't cheer for LSU in a game like today's playoff game. That's fine. We will all likely pick a favorite of the 4 teams to cheer for. But, when it comes to his allegiance and fan loyalty, he should only have the flag of his alma mater in his yard.
    YES!!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Someone's got piss in their cheerios

https://www.hannapub.com/ouachitacitizen/sports/should-tech-ulm-students-cheer-for-lsu

R
    eal shame, OC is a good paper except for this knucklehead.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Someone's got piss in their cheerios

https://www.hannapub.com/ouachitacitizen/sports/should-tech-ulm-students-cheer-for-lsu

R
    eal shame, OC is a good paper except for this knucklehead.
    Shouldn’t share or click on the link so he can just fade into the vast space

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    Shouldn’t share or click on the link so he can just fade into the vast space
    troo troo

+ Reply to Thread