+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Now that our football season has ended.. looking forward at next year.. question..

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Now that our football season has ended.. looking forward at next year.. questio

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I'm fine with the 3-4 if we keep real LBs in stock. Over sized safeties are not LBs at this level. Our best LB this year ended up being very impressive. I was not impressed with him going into this year, but he proved me wrong and I'm glad. We need two more like him.
    I like the 3-4, but you’re right about LBs. Also have to have a solid nose (hard to recruit at G5) AND quality DBs. We’re gonna miss AR next year whatever scheme we run.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Now that our football season has ended.. looking forward at next year.. questio

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    It will be Allen. Let’s hope he improves as much in 1 year as J’Mar did in 5.
    Given Skippy's mindset, you're probably right. But, oh puhleeeze...

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I think the biggest key football questions going forward to next year are 1. can we get the shoulder stripes corrected and 2. when do the red helmets come back?

And also, you know, can't wait to find out about new coaching hires, QB situation (I think Allen has shown a lot of potential, but I wouldn't be sad about a good grad transfer), etc.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I think the biggest key football questions going forward to next year are 1. can we get the shoulder stripes corrected and 2. when do the red helmets come back?

And also, you know, can't wait to find out about new coaching hires, QB situation (I think Allen has shown a lot of potential, but I wouldn't be sad about a good grad transfer), etc.
    Very important inquiries. I think Adidas has done our history and tradition a great disservice. Did we not have any input to make sure the design stayed as close to classic as possible? Also, the red helmet will come back as soon as we know the red T will never be used again on said helmet. At least I hope that is the requirement.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

I think the biggest key football questions going forward to next year are 1. can we get the shoulder stripes corrected and
    It's like Nike and Adidas got together and mixed up Florida's uniforms with Louisiana Tech's.They had shoulder stripes, but the stripes were always down on the sleaves before this season, and Tech's uniforms were the opposite. People all over social media were talking about how Florida looked like La Tech.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    It's like Nike and Adidas got together and mixed up Florida's uniforms with Louisiana Tech's.They had shoulder stripes, but the stripes were always down on the sleaves before this season, and Tech's uniforms were the opposite. People all over social media were talking about how Florida looked like La Tech.
    Happened to catch the Bills on tv and they looked so "right" that it made me wonder (again) how they could have screwed them up. Those sleeve stripes would be fine for some other team, like if I saw them on a jersey of a team I didn't follow I wouldn't think twice about them. But they just aren't ours.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Happened to catch the Bills on tv and they looked so "right" that it made me wonder (again) how they could have screwed them up. Those sleeve stripes would be fine for some other team, like if I saw them on a jersey of a team I didn't follow I wouldn't think twice about them. But they just aren't ours.
    I guess Tech decided they were a throwback look and decided to move on. Florida's throwback unis look almost identical.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    That’s fair, but J’Mar was MUCH improved and Henderson gave us a great year running the ball. Line and receivers were solid. Not many turnovers and good in the Red Zone. No one expected J’Mar to be the CUSA offensive player of the year. I’ll go with “good” but not “great.”
    I remember being very disappointed in our running game during the first 3 or 4 games of the season. Back then, we were rotating our RB's by committee. Then suddenly, Henderson became our RB1, and the entire offense played better as a result. Henderson was a big difference maker this season at RB.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I remember being very disappointed in our running game during the first 3 or 4 games of the season. Back then, we were rotating our RB's by committee. Then suddenly, Henderson became our RB1, and the entire offense played better as a result. Henderson was a big difference maker this season at RB.
    Henderson got J'Mar out of a few jams keeping the drive alive.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

My wife just asked if she has to go back to games next year if they are anything like the last few years. That means my daughter will stay home also. That is at least $25 and maybe close to $30 sometimes in concessions alone that will be missed. These are the people we need to keep. My wife’s only connection to Tech is me and 1 summer class she needed for her ULM nursing degree. She is willing to go as long as she is at least mildly entertained. Needless to say, she hasn’t had much fun for a few years.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

This is not a big thing in the grand scheme of things, but the band in Tailgate Alley needs to stop playing before the national anthem!

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Move the band back to the 50. .
    Absolutely!

Puppy sxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the rough

The atmosphere in the stadium will always come from the student section. When I was in college, the student section went all the way to the first row and our players were in front of our student section. The players excitement and pumping up the crowd fueled the students and the students responded.

Then we decided to put ‘young alumni’ in the first rows in front of the students. I bought season tickets there. It was cheap and great seats... but, the young alumni section was never full and the opposing team was in front of us. It just did not work. It killed the excitement and atmosphere. They should remove the young alumni seats and give them back to the students and should move the players back to the sideline in front of the students.

the jumbotron should be a little less advertisement and more to help the atmosphere.

tailgating should be modified to encourage the masses to tailgate instead of being a revenue source.

Our administration has tried to maximize short term revenue at the expense of growing our program long term. Only the people spending big money matter. i believe these decisions are short sighted because those students will have to be the donors in 30 years or the program will die. They dont care about long term...

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Conference rules did not allow students to sit in the first few rows immediately behind the visiting team. Once the home bench was moved back to the west side, that change was forced to comply with those rules.

Lots of things to blame TommyBoy for. That isn't one of them.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sxg023 View Post

the jumbotron should be a little less advertisement and more to help the atmosphere.
    Advertising will continue as the jumbotron was funded with debt and there is a long way to go to pay off the debt. We need a new bigger and brighter jumbotron already, but we are a slave to the debt still owed.

+ Reply to Thread