+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UL-L Message Board Meltdown

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

UL-L Message Board Meltdown

For some reason I went to the UL-L message board and oh my, they have a Tech envy problem over there.

Pages and pages of anti-Tech posts. It is comical. It boils down to they are playing Miami OH while we played Miami.

Of course, the claim they would beat us, Miami and anyone else......

I can’t wait until we move to the AAC...they might have exploding heads when it happens.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: UL-L Message Board Meltdown

OMG! I was part way through one thread when I realized I was on the Univ of Lafayette Leopards' fan forum. But frankly, I couldn't really tell the difference. Lots of envy being spouted and gnashing of teeth...it was understandable I got the boards confused.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I do find it funny that ULLL has never played in the Independence Bowl, and ULM has. Even McNeese has played in the Indy Bowl 3 times, and LA Tech 5 times. Must be a Tech conspiracy. But then again, the Leopards have only had a 6-game or better winner in the last few years. We forget how awful they were for decades.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I used to go and read their board from time to time just for a laugh. That is a delusional bunch for sure. Reading the posts reminds me of listening to Baghdad Bob read his daily news briefings.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Now...today's news from the Ragin Pagin Board..........

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Now...today's news from the Ragin Pagin Board..........

Big Dog Cory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud of Cory's Avatar

Hell...can you blame the envy? Opinions aside, ULL hasn’t beat Tech in 22 years (the last time ULL beat Tech was back in 1996). Over the past 20 years, ULL and Tech have played 6 times. Tech won all 6 of those games, and only one of those matches was close (2004, 20-24 Tech). To really drive my point home, I’ll put it another way: Nearly half of Tech’s student body wasn’t even alive/born the last time ULL beat Tech. Yes...they should be envious (or at least a little more humble).

LSU is better than Tech... We all know this, especially this year. Every metric in football tells us this. That being said, our records and performance against LSU and ULL seems to imply that the gap between ULL and Tech is much wider than the gap between Tech and LSU. Granted, we aren’t remotely comparable to this year’s LSU team, but in our last 2 meetings Tech has given LSU much closer calls than ULL has given Tech in the past decade.

In short, I think it’s safe to say that if LSU is Tier 1 in the football world, we’re at least tier 2. If we are tier 2, ULL is like tier 3 or 4. But don’t just take my word for it. See for yourself:

https://ragincajuns.com/sports/footb...isiana-tech/42

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Hell...can you blame the envy? Opinions aside, ULL hasn’t beat Tech in 22 years (the last time ULL beat Tech was back in 1996). Over the past 20 years, ULL and Tech have played 6 times. Tech won all 6 of those games, and only one of those matches was close (2004, 20-24 Tech). To really drive my point home, I’ll put it another way: Nearly half of Tech’s student body wasn’t even alive/born the last time ULL beat Tech. Yes...they should be envious (or at least a little more humble).

LSU is better than Tech... We all know this, especially this year. Every metric in football tells us this. That being said, our records and performance against LSU and ULL seems to imply that the gap between ULL and Tech is much wider than the gap between Tech and LSU. Granted, we aren’t remotely comparable to this year’s LSU team, but in our last 2 meetings Tech has given LSU much closer calls than ULL has given Tech in the past decade.

In short, I think it’s safe to say that if LSU is Tier 1 in the football world, we’re at least tier 2. If we are tier 2, ULL is like tier 3 or 4. But don’t just take my word for it. See for yourself:

Excellent post!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Only thing I would differ on is that most likely 80-90% of our students weren’t alive in 1996.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    For some reason I went to the UL-L message board and oh my, they have a Tech envy problem over there.

Pages and pages of anti-Tech posts. It is comical. It boils down to they are playing Miami OH while we played Miami.

Of course, the claim they would beat us, Miami and anyone else......

I can’t wait until we move to the AAC...they might have exploding heads when it happens.
    Specific thread or in general?

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post

I hope the trophy of their bowl has a compass on the top to indicate directional school champs.

I see Miami of Ohio seems to have lost the "Ohio" on their merchandise much like the Leopards lost their Lafayette. Maybe this is the WANNABE bowl.
    [/QUOTE]

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    I hope the trophy of their bowl has a compass on the top to indicate directional school champs.

I see Miami of Ohio seems to have lost the "Ohio" on their merchandise much like the Leopards lost their Lafayette. Maybe this is the WANNABE bowl.
    i doubt miami of ohio ever had "ohio" on much of their merchandise, since they are just miami university. miami university was founded more than 100 years before the university of miami. the "(OH)" that is usually put after their name is to distinguish it from the more famous university in florida when reporting schedules and scores and, as far as i can tell, has never been part of the university's name or official branding.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

My entire life it has been "Miami of Ohio." I mean that's the way everyone referred to it. It does have a rich tradition, as a school and as a football program. Known as the "cradle of coaches" it saw the start of a lot of prominent coaches. No, I am not saying that's how they refer to themselves, but it is how the rest of the nation did, and still does.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    i doubt miami of ohio ever had "ohio" on much of their merchandise, since they are just miami university. miami university was founded more than 100 years before the university of miami. the "(OH)" that is usually put after their name is to distinguish it from the more famous university in florida when reporting schedules and scores and, as far as i can tell, has never been part of the university's name or official branding.
    It’s long been considered one of the “public ivies” like UVA

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    Just trying to get under the thin skin of the Leopard fans with Tech envy that live on BB&B.

Now I have to start over again. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread