+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are you pulling for in National Championship game? LSU? Clemson?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: Who are you pulling for in National Championship game? LSU? Clemson?

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    In no way am I a LSU fan, but I’ll be pulling for them. I figure the better LSU is the more likely they are to get the best in state talent. If they’re getting it then it’s not going out of state. It’s sort of like trickle down talent. Tech has a better shot at higher caliber athletes if LSU gets the best and we compete for next best. If the best leave the state then the second best go to LSU and Tech is reduced to complete for 3rd best. In my mind that’s how it works.

For Tech’s sake, go Tigers.
    sorry, I find this line of reasoning to be speculative and unpersuasive .

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I didn’t even know they had gay banks in Arkansas.
    yeah, up around Fayetteville

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    sorry, I find this line of reasoning to be speculative and unpersuasive .
    I agree

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Can confirm

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    How many long time Tech fans that we have lost over that same amazing 6 bowl wins in a row - a few hundreds, a few thousands, or just a few?
    Then they weren’t true fans.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    For clarification, I never said Clemson is mediocre, I said their DL is. Especially in comparison to what they had last year.

I posted, originally, I liked Clemson in the semis, against either OSU or LSU, mostly because they are on a long (29 game) win streak, are defending champions, but mostly because all the pundits were overlooking them. Go back and review what was being said, and not said, before the CFP were set. It was ALL about OSU and LSU...and oh yeah, sorry, they forgot, Clemson too. I said it was very dangerous to overlook Clemson...

Well, here we are again. 90+% of CFB fans, and all the "experts" have already handed LSU the trophy. Hmmm....
    So who are you picking yo win?

i’ve said this before but...

I would rather my kids grow up to be gay bank robbers than lsu fans
    🍻🙌

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    In no way am I a LSU fan, but I’ll be pulling for them. I figure the better LSU is the more likely they are to get the best in state talent. If they’re getting it then it’s not going out of state. It’s sort of like trickle down talent. Tech has a better shot at higher caliber athletes if LSU gets the best and we compete for next best. If the best leave the state then the second best go to LSU and Tech is reduced to complete for 3rd best. In my mind that’s how it works.

For Tech’s sake, go Tigers.
    The chiggers been getting theirs no matter.
    Go Crimson “The Real” Tigers with the real “Death Valley” Fans!!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

LSU was supposed to be Deaf Valley, but someone couldn’t spell.

Big Dog Cory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud of Cory's Avatar

I’m going for Clemson.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    LSU O is fun to watch and this is at the highest level of college football.
    I enjoyed watching them rolling OU the other day and I hate LSU because of Tech.
    LSU win won’t change the faith of Tech football. Tech chose its faith with the combos of Dr. Guice, TMac, and Skippy.
    How many new Tech fans that we have won over with our amazing 6 bowl wins in a row - a few hundreds, a few thousands, or just a few?
    How many long time Tech fans that we have lost over that same amazing 6 bowl wins in a row - a few hundreds, a few thousands, or just a few?
    Logical post. If LSU loses or wins the NC, no single soul in this state will think more highly or less of the dawgs. Our fate is set. We are not the school the average person in this state stands behind. We will be much better off when we understand that and stop the “go Clemson beat the tiggers” posts. We look like ULL fans at that point.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I love to see the N. Louisiana bandwagon LSU fans melt down. If they lose, all of their fans will look at the whole year as a failure. Getting to the NC won't seem like an accomplishment, even though it was. For that reason alone, I would cheer for Clemson. Honestly, though, I would never ever cheer for lsu - I could never bring myself to do that. So, it was going to be whomever was playing them anyway.

Saying all that, I will be truthful in saying lsu looks really really good. In fact, they look better than they have ever looked. This is probably their year. I will still cheer Clemson on!!! Another good reason to cheer for Clemson is that if they win this, they will be considered right up there with Alabama as being a power house at the top. I would love seeing the SEC being knocked down a peg. As a bonus, I loved seeing a 7-5 (now 8 win) Louisville murder a (6-6) Mississippi State last night and give them a losing season.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    So who are you picking yo win?
    LSU has homefield advantage. Their offense is potent. Their defense is good enough.

Clemson is Clemson, which today means, they are winners. They are underdogs for the second straight game. Those intangibles are important. Never overlook a champion!

But, LSU is on a mission. They are tuned-in and focused. So, they are not overlooking Clemson...besides, Clemson stands in their way from what they want. I think it will be a good game, but in the end, in the 4th qtr, Clemson's offense won't be able to match LSU's...all that said:

LSU 42 Clemson 31

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

i’ve said this before but...

I would rather my kids grow up to be gay bank robbers than lsu fans
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Tough but fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I didn’t even know they had gay banks in Arkansas.
    Greatness!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Above is what my head says, but it's not what I want to happen. Go Clemson, beat the puke purple tiggers!

And no, Dixonfor6, it doesn't make us look like anything other than fans of OUR school! Tell me why I am supposed to root for LSU. Please...tell me. That is pure BS! "Oh," folks say, "you have to root for LSU...they are the STATE SCHOOL." Bullchit! LSU winning does nothing for Tech. They are rivals for recruits, money, support, fanship, etc...I don't root for other state schools for the same reasons.

If you want to bow down at the almighty puke purple altar, that's fine for you. But not me, I'm not gonna take it!

Wormer is a dead man! Needlemeyer….dead! - Bluto

+ Reply to Thread