+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are you pulling for in National Championship game? LSU? Clemson?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Who are you pulling for in National Championship game? LSU? Clemson?

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    You are such a snob.

These people are still fans. They just refuse to cower down to an SLC AD who is KILLING our game day atmosphere.
    My comment had nothing to do with our AD and neither should yours. It makes you sound like a snob.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Above is what my head says, but it's not what I want to happen. Go Clemson, beat the puke purple tiggers!

And no, Dixonfor6, it doesn't make us look like anything other than fans of OUR school! Tell me why I am supposed to root for LSU. Please...tell me. That is pure BS! "Oh," folks say, "you have to root for LSU...they are the STATE SCHOOL." Bullchit! LSU winning does nothing for Tech. They are rivals for recruits, money, support, fanship, etc...I don't root for other state schools for the same reasons.

If you want to bow down at the almighty puke purple altar, that's fine for you. But not me, I'm not gonna take it!

Wormer is a dead man! Needlemeyer….dead! - Bluto
    This whole “state school” thing is signed, sealed and delivered. Those of you on this board that won’t recognize this are living with your heads in the sand. A loss to Clemson will not be a step-up in the “Tech is on equal playing field with LSU” debate. We have a lot more issues with our own athletic department to be worrying about Clemson beating LSU. They have arguably one of the best college football teams of all time this season. A very likable QB who transferred in and took over the state as the golden boy, won a Heisman, and will likely win the NC. If you all could take your Tech blinders off for a second you will see this.

Of course, I am considered a “tigger” fan and traitor for stating facts that aren’t “positive” toward your views on tech. I get that.

Ask my LSU friends and anyone that knows me personally. I am Tech through and through. I will never cheer for LSU. I am also a knowledgeable football fan, and consider myself a good fan because of it. LSU losing or winning will not reflect on our program at all. Their storybook season will be viewed as a historic year even if they lose to Clemson.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Incompetence or malice?

Because it's one of the two.
    I said it on another thread I want to believe it’s just incompetence, but the further down his tenure we go, I look at a lot of the decisions and they begin to look intentional. So.....

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    This whole “state school” thing is signed, sealed and delivered. Those of you on this board that won’t recognize this are living with your heads in the sand. A loss to Clemson will not be a step-up in the “Tech is on equal playing field with LSU” debate. We have a lot more issues with our own athletic department to be worrying about Clemson beating LSU. They have arguably one of the best college football teams of all time this season. A very likable QB who transferred in and took over the state as the golden boy, won a Heisman, and will likely win the NC. If you all could take your Tech blinders off for a second you will see this.

Of course, I am considered a “tigger” fan and traitor for stating facts that aren’t “positive” toward your views on tech. I get that.

Ask my LSU friends and anyone that knows me personally. I am Tech through and through. I will never cheer for LSU. I am also a knowledgeable football fan, and consider myself a good fan because of it. LSU losing or winning will not reflect on our program at all. Their storybook season will be viewed as a historic year even if they lose to Clemson.
    I actually don't care who you pull for, and don't understand why you want to tell people who we should be for. My team is not playing in the game, so I get to select another. I lived in Virginia and don't pull for them, I live in Louisiana, and don't pull for LSU. I never have and never will. I do pull for Baylor as well as TECH, but will proudly wear red and blue when we play in Waco next year. The stupidity of those that think because it is the "state school" is insane. I can't do anything about the Sonic workers and Walmart greeter fans, but I don't have to be part of the "we" because someone thinks I should. I will be cheering for Clemson. LSU winning or losing doesn't impact TECH, but if they lose, the fans at least stay contained for a little while.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Clemson

Not even close

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

It’s a trick question.

I don’t care about the National Championship since my team isn’t in it. Won’t watch it. Won’t cheer for either team. Don’t care who wins.

I treat it the same way I treat a Super Bowl without the Saints. Not worth my time or money.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Logical post. If LSU loses or wins the NC, no single soul in this state will think more highly or less of the dawgs. Our fate is set. We are not the school the average person in this state stands behind. We will be much better off when we understand that and stop the “go Clemson beat the tiggers” posts. We look like ULL fans at that point.
    This is your post I, and a few others, are responding to. I will say it (post) as much as I want to.

"Go Clemson, beat the tiggers."

As for others' views, I will watch the game for the same reason I will watch games today. I am a college football fan. I only root for Tech, in CFB (and in a secondary way I also root for Notre Dame), but I enjoy watching football. And yes, as disgusting as it is, LSU has earned its way into the national championship game. Stepping back from my personal views, LSU is a good football team, and I will watch the game as a fan and enjoy watching the teams matching X's and O's.

And I will watch the Super Bowl, even without the Saints, for the same reason...I am a football fan.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    LSU O is fun to watch and this is at the highest level of college football.
    I enjoyed watching them rolling OU the other day and I hate LSU because of Tech.
    LSU win won’t change the faith of Tech football. Tech chose its faith with the combos of Dr. Guice, TMac, and Skippy.
    How many new Tech fans that we have won over with our amazing 6 bowl wins in a row - a few hundreds, a few thousands, or just a few?
    How many long time Tech fans that we have lost over that same amazing 6 bowl wins in a row - a few hundreds, a few thousands, or just a few?
    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Then they weren’t true fans.
    You are such a snob.

These people are still fans. They just refuse to cower down to an SLC AD who is KILLING our game day atmosphere.
    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    My comment had nothing to do with our AD and neither should yours. It makes you sound like a snob.
    Who is responsible for the decrease in attendance over the past 5 years? Oh, it must be all these people who were never really fans?

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    LSU national championship win
    Pros:
    LSU recruiting peaks leaving higher end players for Tech to compete for
    LSU becomes a more attractive draw to camps in Louisiana so Tech gets a better selection to choose from
    I think there is some extra attention on the success of Louisiana Colleges. It's been pointed out a few times how Tech, ULL, Tulane, and LSU all had good years.
    Cons:
    1. Bandwagon fans have more reason to abandon their Alma mater and cheer for the tiggers.

2. Have to listen to tigger fans crow about how great they are and everyone should support the "state school"

I'm fairly indifferent, but I think LSU will win it all this year. I wouldn't say I'm rooting for them, but I will watch with interest.

I can reluctantly agree with most all of this, but two of those cons are almost unbearable for me. If so many of the LSU fans weren't of the knuckle-dragging mouth-breathing species I could put up with it, most of those are not true fans of the game and can't enjoy watching good talent play, they just bought a shirt and became a member of the tiger nation. You can not even have a conversation with them about some of the other NCAA teams around the country without them trying to beat their chest and talk about how much better " WE (LSU)" are when they have no idea who the other team is that you are referring to. They cry and call everyone else cheaters when LSU is out-played and/or out-coached. They all think they are Cajun now and spell everything with an "eaux" just because of Coach O who is quite a personality, apparently some of these people never had an identity in the first place.

There are many LSU fans out there who are great people who I enjoy having conversations with about how good their talent is and how lucky they are to have great coordinators in place. Those people are fun to converse with and many of them have the right to say "WE", they get the right to crow. Many of them are great fans who I can enjoy hanging out with, the Wal-mart brand of them...Not so much.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    I'm just glad I no longer see BAMMER crap everywhere...........they ate humble pie this year and those jackasses have taken off their gear / license plates
    Amen brother. Here in NW Florida, aka Lower Alabama, it has been everywhere for years. Much less now, and I understand local WalMarts are seeing record returns of Crimson Tide gear, especially XXL sleeveless tshirts saying "Roll Tide",

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Who is responsible for the decrease in attendance over the past 5 years? Oh, it must be all these people who were never really fans?
    “Be true to your school”, and I will add team, through thick and thin. Anything else is bandwagon material and they might as well been wearing Alabama garbage the last decade. And in the pros, would you wear Philadelphia Eagle rags or hat after they won the SB two years ago, or NE Patriot crappola and cheer for them HD? You’ve lived in Texas long enough to know that a UT fan wouldn’t be caught dead wearing other universities crap or cheering for A&M or Oklahoma etc.... HD, did you wear an NLU outfit and take a pictures for your family and friends to see in Texas and LA when they went to the I-Bowl a few years back or SMU smit as they went undefeated for a long span this year? Do Alabama fans cheer for Auburn? Old Miss for Miss St? Oklahoma for OkSt? USC for UCLA? Florida for Florida St? Georgia for Georgia Tech? TCU for Baylor, SMU or Texas Tech? Hell would Army cheer for Navy or wear their clothes or hats? Muchness their fans put their BS pictures wearing other schools crap on Facebook or Instagram.

“Forever Loyal Be”.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Above is what my head says, but it's not what I want to happen. Go Clemson, beat the puke purple tiggers!

And no, Dixonfor6, it doesn't make us look like anything other than fans of OUR school! Tell me why I am supposed to root for LSU. Please...tell me. That is pure BS! "Oh," folks say, "you have to root for LSU...they are the STATE SCHOOL." Bullchit! LSU winning does nothing for Tech. They are rivals for recruits, money, support, fanship, etc...I don't root for other state schools for the same reasons.

If you want to bow down at the almighty puke purple altar, that's fine for you. But not me, I'm not gonna take it!

Wormer is a dead man! Needlemeyer….dead!
    - Bluto
    Watched that again a couple weeks ago. Always entertaining.

When confronted on the state school nonsense, my retort is we are ALL state schools.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    When confronted on the state school nonsense, my retort is we are ALL state schools.
    Ooh, that's clever!

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

LSU is clearly the best team this year. They have had a phenomenal year and seem to be one of the best teams in recent memory honestly. I'm not sure what you mean by "Those of you on this board that won’t recognize this are living with your heads in the sand". Are you saying they are the state school and we have some sort of obligation to root for them? If so I strongly disagree.

I have a group text with 6 friends who are all Tech alumni and none of them went to LSU besides me. There are 3 out of the 6 (7 counting me) who follow LSU and cheer for LSU. To me this is only acceptable under the following circumstances:
    1. You went to LSU (not the case for this group)
    2. You support the school you actually went to at a higher rate than LSU (attend more games, provide more financial support etc.)
    3. You don't denigrate your Alma Mater in an attempt to justify your support for LSU.
    4. You don't try to convince others that they should support LSU because of some sort of Louisiana loyalty.

These rules are universal and can apply to other Louisiana institutions as well. If someone is a ULM or ULL grad and they support their school I respect that. I will give them a hard time sometimes, but I respect that they support their school. If They break the rules above, then I don't have much respect for them.

If you are a Tech fan, you are welcome to cheer for Clemson or LSU as you see fit IMO. No judgement from me.

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    I can reluctantly agree with most all of this, but two of those cons are almost unbearable for me. If so many of the LSU fans weren't of the knuckle-dragging mouth-breathing species I could put up with it, most of those are not true fans of the game and can't enjoy watching good talent play, they just bought a shirt and became a member of the tiger nation. You can not even have a conversation with them about some of the other NCAA teams around the country without them trying to beat their chest and talk about how much better " WE (LSU)" are when they have no idea who the other team is that you are referring to. They cry and call everyone else cheaters when LSU is out-played and/or out-coached. They all think they are Cajun now and spell everything with an "eaux" just because of Coach O who is quite a personality, apparently some of these people never had an identity in the first place.

There are many LSU fans out there who are great people who I enjoy having conversations with about how good their talent is and how lucky they are to have great coordinators in place. Those people are fun to converse with and many of them have the right to say "WE", they get the right to crow. Many of them are great fans who I can enjoy hanging out with, the Wal-mart brand of them...Not so much.
    Agree. I'm usually pretty tolerant of LSU talk, but when Tech grads start telling me how great the Tigers are and they are the "state school" I want to lose my lunch.
    If you want to talk about how good they are, fine. If you want to talk trash, you better be a graduate of LSU or I'm going to dismiss your opinion as a desperate hanger on.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

The outcome makes no difference to Tech, IMO. In my experience, these bandwaggoners are not folks who spend a bunch of money at LSU that they WOULD have spent at Tech if LSU wasn't so good. PD may be on to something with the ease of recruiting in-state folks that are "beneath" a top 5 LSU. Who knows? I think the key to Tech taking the next step toward being like Boise is beating P5 also-rans for in-state talent. We do it here and there, but I think we've got a lot of room for growth. A Louisiana kid should never consider Kansas or even WVU over staying home to play for the dawgs.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread