+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are you pulling for in National Championship game? LSU? Clemson?

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: Who are you pulling for in National Championship game? LSU? Clemson?

Clemson-there is nothing that could ever make me want to hope LSU wins.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Clemson.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

DEFINITELY Clemson!!!!!! Go Orange Tigers!!!!!

Puppy BirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really nice BirdDawg's Avatar

i'm gonna answer this like a Tech graduate who loves LSU when i ask them "WHY"? So my dental hygienist told me that she has a family member who actually thinks she heard from a friend that they may have known someone who possibly had a family member go to Clemson and since my hygienist get's paid to stick her fingers in my mouth, i feel like we are like family.....so that makes me a Clemson fan.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BirdDawg View Post
    i'm gonna answer this like a Tech graduate who loves LSU when i ask them "WHY"? So my dental hygienist told me that she has a family member who actually thinks she heard from a friend that they may have known someone who possibly had a family member go to Clemson and since my hygienist get's paid to stick her fingers in my mouth, i feel like we are like family.....so that makes me a Clemson fan.
    As good a reason as any!

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

LSU O is fun to watch and this is at the highest level of college football.
    I enjoyed watching them rolling OU the other day and I hate LSU because of Tech.
    LSU win won’t change the faith of Tech football. Tech chose its faith with the combos of Dr. Guice, TMac, and Skippy.
    How many new Tech fans that we have won over with our amazing 6 bowl wins in a row - a few hundreds, a few thousands, or just a few?
    How many long time Tech fans that we have lost over that same amazing 6 bowl wins in a row - a few hundreds, a few thousands, or just a few?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Clemson had one of the best DLs in history, last year. This year they are very mediocre. LSU will have its way, for the most part, and score a bunch of points. Not as many as they did, or could have, against OU, but still 30+ and probably approaching 40. Can Clemson match that kind of offensive output? I doubt it.

Can Clemson win? Sure they can. Anything is possible. But their D will have to play lights out, and their O will have to keep the ball on long, time-consuming drives ending in points every time. .
    Clemson had a MUCH tougher semifinal game than LSU. LSU got lucky with the OU matchup. I don't think there's anything "mediocre" about Clemson at all. They beat a tremendously talented Ohio State team. A lot of "experts" on the sideline were saying the OSU-Clemson game was the hardest hitting game they've ever seen.

I expect LSU to win for 2 reasons: 1) They are better offensively than they've ever been, mostly due to Joe Burrow. 2) The OSU win for Clemson was so physically taxing, I'm just not sure Clemson can do it in back to back games.

But Clemson hasn't lost a game since the 2017 season, and has a 29-game win streak going. They won't go down easy.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Clemson had a MUCH tougher semifinal game than LSU. LSU got lucky with the OU matchup. I don't think there's anything "mediocre" about Clemson at all. They beat a tremendously talented Ohio State team. A lot of "experts" on the sideline were saying the OSU-Clemson game was the hardest hitting game they've ever seen.

I expect LSU to win for 2 reasons: 1) They are better offensively than they've ever been, mostly due to Joe Burrow. 2) The OSU win for Clemson was so physically taxing, I'm just not sure Clemson can do it in back to back games.

But Clemson hasn't lost a game since the 2017 season, and has a 29-game win streak going. They won't go down easy.
    I had Clemson winning, but honestly after the game I felt like OSU might be the better team in spite of the loss. I also expect LSU to win, but as you said, you don’t win 29 in a row by accident.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

For clarification, I never said Clemson is mediocre, I said their DL is. Especially in comparison to what they had last year.

I posted, originally, I liked Clemson in the semis, against either OSU or LSU, mostly because they are on a long (29 game) win streak, are defending champions, but mostly because all the pundits were overlooking them. Go back and review what was being said, and not said, before the CFP were set. It was ALL about OSU and LSU...and oh yeah, sorry, they forgot, Clemson too. I said it was very dangerous to overlook Clemson...

Well, here we are again. 90+% of CFB fans, and all the "experts" have already handed LSU the trophy. Hmmm....

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

i’ve said this before but...

I would rather my kids grow up to be gay bank robbers than lsu fans

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

Tough but fair.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I didn’t even know they had gay banks in Arkansas.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I’m hoping that the 2 weeks of prep will allow Clemson to get healthy. Since LSU essentially had a first round bye, they need it to be competitive. Dabo is crazy good. Would be great if he was crazy good on the 11th.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

In no way am I a LSU fan, but I’ll be pulling for them. I figure the better LSU is the more likely they are to get the best in state talent. If they’re getting it then it’s not going out of state. It’s sort of like trickle down talent. Tech has a better shot at higher caliber athletes if LSU gets the best and we compete for next best. If the best leave the state then the second best go to LSU and Tech is reduced to complete for 3rd best. In my mind that’s how it works.

For Tech’s sake, go Tigers.

+ Reply to Thread