+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear Tommy, please fix football tailgating by...

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Re: Dear Tommy, please fix football tailgating by...

See what Walker comes up with as a space. He's all in for Ruston and Tech it appears .

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

NSU is asking for input on their gameday experience:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NSUfootball2019

But, I don't see questions referring to tailgating. Perhaps because they don't have restrictive rules, so it's not an issue.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    We all know that everyone would rather tailgate around the stadium, but maybe we just need to move out for a while and see if anyone in the Admin even notices.
    Everyone has already moved out for a while and no one has noticed.

Varsity Bulldog Bayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to all Bayou Dawg's Avatar

I have practically stopped attending, the group I tailgated with at the TAC (former Bradshaw era player) has stopped coming, lots have stopped showing up. I see some of you commenting that you find it easier to eat downtown and take the trolley to the game, it is easier and less stressful.

Well here is my idea, lets figure out a way to develop a tailgating area and atmosphere all around the downtown area, who says we have to tailgate at the stadium. Seems they do not want us there anyway, so why not do something for the Ruston Merchants who are all suffering financially because of TMac. Just start making an effort to move people away from the stadium and see what kind of attention that gets. This would make it painfully clear to those in charge that they have killed our game day atmosphere.

We all know that everyone would rather tailgate around the stadium, but maybe we just need to move out for a while and see if anyone in the Admin even notices.
    Not a bad idea at all! I could get behind this.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

This is what it might look this upcoming season.

gameday parking.jpg

Bulldog veerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around here veerbone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    This is what it might look this upcoming season.

Attachment 14496
    Dadgummit. I just committed to LTAC to get white lot parking for next year.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Red Lot here...

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

He ruined a perfect situation. Simply unreal doing what he did.

But when you hang with the elite social class, you do as you are told.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    But when you hang with the elite social class, you do as you are told.
    Who told him to do this?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Who told him to do this?
    probably Joe

Varsity Bulldog jharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the rough

If coaches are evaluated by wins, I've never understood why AD's are not evaluated by attendance. They should be.

Also, I've never understood why football tickets aren't $5 each. They should be. The price point should be one to compete with the cost of a movie.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jharris View Post
    If coaches are evaluated by wins, I've never understood why AD's are not evaluated by attendance. They should be.

Also, I've never understood why football tickets aren't $5 each. They should be. The price point should be one to compete with the cost of a movie.
    Not to not pick, but around here, that’s $8. In DC, we paid $13/per. I think our chairback stadium level seating should be $25. Reserved bleacher seating should be $18. All other general admission should be $10. Press box and SEZ can be whatever they want.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

I have practically stopped attending, the group I tailgated with at the TAC (former Bradshaw era player) has stopped coming, lots have stopped showing up. I see some of you commenting that you find it easier to eat downtown and take the trolley to the game, it is easier and less stressful.

Well here is my idea, lets figure out a way to develop a tailgating area and atmosphere all around the downtown area, who says we have to tailgate at the stadium. Seems they do not want us there anyway, so why not do something for the Ruston Merchants who are all suffering financially because of TMac. Just start making an effort to move people away from the stadium and see what kind of attention that gets. This would make it painfully clear to those in charge that they have killed our game day atmosphere.

I really like this idea as well!

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

What is the value of said seating?

The seating that is selling out (if there is any) can be left alone, That is working as it should, the seating that does not should be priced accordingly. We need to charge something for these seats just so that they have some kind of value, even though that value is very low for some of them. There is a price for tickets at some point that still attracts fans yet holds some value for TECH and generates funds for the program, or at least helps pay for the game day experience.

I don't have the time or the background to measure the benefits of a stadium full of $5 tickets versus a stadium half full of $24 tickets, there are other values of that actual "butt in the seat". The values of 28,000 fans in town versus 14,000 fans in town holds other value than just that cost of ticket revenue that is gained. The simple purchase of a seat and "announced attendance" does not help attendance nor the bottom line like our AD seems to think it does.

The Lincoln/Ruston CVB or Chamber of Commerce can tell you though I bet. TMac and LG need to realize there is more outside the LA TECH bubble, it appears that Ruston has made efforts to support TECH, what has TECH Athletics done for Ruston?

There are entirely too many people involved in this equation that are happy with mediocrity.

This is not just blind griping by some loony internet fans, most everyone here has a good idea of what the solutions are, just no way to get them instituted.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly BhadDawg, the choir are the only ones hearing your opinion. It’s a good one too.

+ Reply to Thread