+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Comments on the POTUS killing a Terrorist?

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Re: Comments on the POTUS killing a Terrorist?

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I don’t think anyone knows where this leads, but it sure seems like the opposite of what Trump promised about withdrawing troops from the region.
    Only if you're not really listening.

Each Iranian provocation was met with the same reply from Trump. An offer to negotiate (talk) and a warning of what would happen if they actually killed an American instead of just shooting down unmanned drones in international air space or attacking the ships and oil fields of our allies. I would say what happened was a measured response to Iran's actions in the region (and even more measured if this general was really planning more American carnage and was involved in the embassy attack).

That said, if you listened to his recent statements, he has told the people of Iraq to decide if they are going to remain independent or if they were going to become a satellite of Iran, pretty much telegraphing a further withdrawal of US forces from the area. The recent buildup is in response to heightened threats by the Iranians, which is what you are supposed to do to protect your interests (unless you think you can falsely blame "some video" for the eventual carnage that takes place from your inaction and incompetence).

The Pentagon estimates that Iran was responsible for about 17% of the American casualties in the Iraq war. After that, I cannot imagine why we would reward them with a suspension of sanctions, a pallet of cash, and an agreement with sufficient holes in it to allow them to develop an ICBM (gee, I wonder why they want that?) and continue terrorizing the civilized world.

If we start massing an invasion force to go into Iran, I will be right here complaining along with you (unless, of course, they have somehow invaded the United States). Until then, I don't think we just have to "take it" when they continue to provoke us....but we don't have to be John Bolton either.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

None of this wouldn't have happened if Iran hadn't put their country right in the middle of all of our bases. Foolish if you ask me.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    If we start massing an invasion force to go into Iran, I will be right here complaining along with you (unless, of course, they have somehow invaded the United States). Until then, I don't think we just have to "take it" when they continue to provoke us....but we don't have to be John Bolton either.
    We have already invaded Iraq and the surrounding countries.

I had high hopes for Trump actually doing something good and putting a stop to our pointless forever-wars but it looks like the bloodthirsty neocons have gotten to him. Here's to 20 more years of killing civilians for no reason!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    We have already invaded Iraq and the surrounding countries.

I had high hopes for Trump actually doing something good and putting a stop to our pointless forever-wars but it looks like the bloodthirsty neocons have gotten to him. Here's to 20 more years of killing civilians for no reason!
    So you think he, like Obama, should have just continue to let Iran run over us...killing our citizens? The line in the sand was killing Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    So you think he, like Obama, should have just continue to let Iran run over us...killing our citizens? The line in the sand was killing Americans.
    If there are no Americans in Iraq (pissing off the Iraqis by bombing medical convoys) then they can't be killed by Iraqis.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

If there are no Americans in Iraq (pissing off the Iraqis by bombing medical convoys) then they can't be killed by Iraqis.
    You are getting some bad information. Watching CNN and MSNBC?

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

So I guess we should close all of our embassies as well?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Israel, the Kurds, oil, open passageway through the Suez Canal...did I miss anything? Those are our interests, or should be, in the Middle East. Nothing else and no one else.

I advocated after the Gulf War of 1991 backing up every super tanker we could and pumping Kuwaiti and Iraqi oil fields dry. Bringing the oil home and increasing our strategic oil reserve. Tough chit if you don't like it. Next, attacking without prejudice nor remorse any and all terrorists enclaves, wherever they might be, when our intelligence have identified those who have, or seek to, harm Americans. And standing with our allies, namely Israel and the Kurds, with everything at our disposal. Finally, along with our allies, assuring open, peaceful use of the Suez Canal and any other segments of international waters.

Unless I missed something....and please feel free to add to the list....those represent U.S. interests in the Middle East. Muslims killing other Muslims, sans the Kurds, should be of no interest to us.

So I guess we should close all of our embassies as well?
    Nah, embassies are peaceful operations.

Nah, embassies are peaceful operations.
    Not always. Ours was just attacked in Iraq, I seem to remember a little issue in Iran during the Carter administration, and our "diplomatic" compound in Benghazi was attacked resulting in deaths and our ambassador being sodomized and then murdered.

When that happens, what do we do? Just take it?

Not always. Ours was just attacked in Iraq, I seem to remember a little issue in Iran during the Carter administration, and our "diplomatic" compound in Benghazi was attacked resulting in deaths and our ambassador being sodomized and then murdered.

When that happens, what do we do? Just take it?
    Because we attacked a PMU unit in what the people believed to be an unwarranted strike. It didn't just come out of thin air (whether that strike was justified or not).

I'd rather leave them to their own devices. We always have the choice to stop the constant retaliation.

We bomb them. They bomb us. We get mad and bomb them again. They get mad and attack us.

We always have the choice to stop the cycle (because they're not on American soil and do not threaten us in any large-scale or significant way). He meddles in a quarrel not his own is like he who takes a dog by the ears.

If they won't play nice, then yes, close the embassy and shutter relations with them. Don't continue to put American and civilian lives at risk by our involvement in a resource war.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Because we attacked a PMU unit in what the people believed to be an unwarranted strike. It didn't just come out of thin air (whether that strike was justified or not).

I'd rather leave them to their own devices. We always have the choice to stop the constant retaliation.

We bomb them. They bomb us. We get mad and bomb them again. They get mad and attack us.

We always have the choice to stop the cycle (because they're not on American soil and do not threaten us in any large-scale or significant way). He meddles in a quarrel not his own is like he who takes a dog by the ears.

If they won't play nice, then yes, close the embassy and shutter relations with them. Don't continue to put American and civilian lives at risk by our involvement in a resource war.
    Actually embassies are considered American soil and sovereign land, just as if it happened in Ruston. Same with all other countries and their embassies / consulates.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

We've had to put up with Iran's bullshit long enough. They've been causing trouble throughout the world for my entire adult life, and I'm 60 years old. We can no longer sit back and allow the Iranians to threaten us and our allies. It's time to deal with those barbarians once and for all. Let them spend the next 50 years trying to lift themselves out of the stone age.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

at this point, the end will only come if we find every military installation held by a country that hates America and wipe it out entirely. Start with the left side in Congress. I’m not serious about killing members of Congress. Exiling then to Raton, New Mexico would work. Otherwise, we can expect to continue to trade punches until Jesus returns.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Typical Trump stupid move after doing something right. It's not one step forward, two steps back. It's one step forward, humongous leap back, trip, stumble, fall, and keep on rolling while making more stupid moves.

+ Reply to Thread