+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bill Cowher to the NFL HoF????

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Bill Cowher to the NFL HoF????

It was cool how they surprised him on live TV with the news, but...

Did Cowher really earn the HoF? Coached 15 years for the Steelers, 10 playoff appearances, one Super Bowl, and that at one of the better, more successful franchises. That is what qualifies as HoF worthy? Yeah, I know, who cares? But it does seem to cheapen it for those who actually have accomplished things in the NFL. JMHO.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Bill Cowher to the NFL HoF????

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    It was cool how they surprised him on live TV with the news, but...

Did Cowher really earn the HoF? Coached 15 years for the Steelers, 10 playoff appearances, one Super Bowl, and that at one of the better, more successful franchises. That is what qualifies as HoF worthy? Yeah, I know, who cares? But it does seem to cheapen it for those who actually have accomplished things in the NFL. JMHO.
    I kind of thought the same thing, but he is one I always liked even though I was never a Pittsburg fan.

Sean Payton has 8 playoffs/1 SB in 14 years. IMO he does not deserve to go in.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I agree about Payton, not that he hasn't been our most successful coach in Saints' history!! Our 16th HC, a list that includes the likes of Hank Stram, Mike Ditka, Dick Nolan, Bum Philips, and Jim Mora.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Thanks for the post.

I had missed the early part, but saw the part when he spoke.

I caught this live, and it was cool. I just don't think he's done enough to be worthy of the Hall. JMHO.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Thanks for posting that, H-man.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I kind of thought the same thing, but he is one I always liked even though I was never a Pittsburg fan.

Sean Payton has 8 playoffs/1 SB in 14 years. IMO he does not deserve to go in.
    Payon is the Bobby Cox of the NFL...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/202...nce-to-get-in/

A lot of anger in Raider nation, as Tom Flores was passed over in favor of Bill Cowher.

Hall of Fame coaches??? Hmmm...???

When I think of HoF coaches, I think of George Halas, Vince Lombardi, Don Shula, Tom Landry...and their likes. Bill Cowher, Tom Flores...just don't do it for me. Now, Jimmy Johnson, with his connections to Tech, and oh, yeah, and I suppose his national championship at Miami and his Super Bowls at Dallas too, make him at least more worthy of induction. I know this is the NFL Hall, but his college success adds to his overall legacy as a great coach, IMO.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

I am Steelers fan and my initial reaction was one of surprise. However, if you look at the modern era coaches already in, Cowher clearly meets and in some cases exceeds the standard. Dungy and Madden had shorter careers and each got in with one Super bowl win. Levy and Grant never won the big one. So, I think 15 years of consistent winning and getting a Super bowl is good enough.

That said, the Raiders fan have a LEGITIMATE beef. I suspect that Flores is the only retired coach with 2 Super bowl wins that isn’t in.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I am Steelers fan and my initial reaction was one of surprise. However, if you look at the modern era coaches already in, Cowher clearly meets and in some cases exceeds the standard. Dungy and Madden had shorter careers and each got in with one Super bowl win. Levy and Grant never won the big one. So, I think 15 years of consistent winning and getting a Super bowl is good enough.

That said, the Raiders fan have a LEGITIMATE beef. I suspect that Flores is the only retired coach with 2 Super bowl wins that isn’t in.
    I think Flores and former 49ers coach George Siefert are the only 2-time Super Bowl winners not in the HOF.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I think Flores and former 49ers coach George Siefert are the only 2-time Super Bowl winners not in the HOF.
    you are right about Siefert. He probably should get in too, but the perception was that he just stepped into a turn-key deal built by Walsh.

as far as retired goes, I guess Coughlin is officially retired, but he is not eligible yet. Surely he gets in one day.

+ Reply to Thread