+ Reply to Thread

Thread: @LATechWBB Falls at Rice

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Rice @LATechWBB Falls at Rice

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Coming off its most complete offensive effort of the season, Louisiana Tech will face quite the defensive challenge Thursday night when the Lady Techsters travel to face defending Conference USA champion Rice at Tudor Fieldhouse.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: @LATechWBB Heads to Houston to Face Owls

40 mins of freak! Go nuts! Full court pressure. Use the whole bench and keep fresh shock troops out there. Pace, pace, pace! Frenzy!

Oh, and make your free throws...

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

Re: @LATechWBB Heads to Houston to Face Owls

Looked up on ESPN. Final score:

La Tech 47
    Rice 60

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

@LATechWBB Falls at Rice

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

One game after its best offensive performance of the year, Louisiana Tech saw one of its toughest as the Lady Techsters fell 60-47 to the Rice Owls Thursday night at Tudor Fieldhouse.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: @LATechWBB Falls at Rice

Just pathetic...

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

I listened on the way home from watching the Rice game. Sure didn't sound good. Repeatedly heard there were 3 Techsters to 1 Rice player going for a rebound and the Rice player got the ball every single time. They've got a ways to go to be a good team.

Bulldog jycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the ears

Is this a talent problem / coach problem / or both? Is it that she / her husband just aren't that good, can't recruit to get the good players, or what exactly? I used to look forward to them visiting Rice and would go and see them play, but now I don't even bother. I sat at a table with the coach at one of the Houston gatherings and she is certainly nice enough. However, it sure doesn't look like she is good for the program. Interested in views that are closer to the situation than I am.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jycww View Post
    Is this a talent problem / coach problem / or both? Is it that she / her husband just aren't that good, can't recruit to get the good players, or what exactly? I used to look forward to them visiting Rice and would go and see them play, but now I don't even bother. I sat at a table with the coach at one of the Houston gatherings and she is certainly nice enough. However, it sure doesn't look like she is good for the program. Interested in views that are closer to the situation than I am.
    I believe the actual coaching part is good. It is the recruiting that is falling short - which is part of being the HC. She was always one of my favorite Lady Techsters and I love her keeping this team academically sound and out of controversy of any type. Just wish she could recruit one BIG star and see what type of team she could build around that. I think, at this point, she seriously needs to think about getting a top notch recruiter in the door. There is absolutely NO REASON in the world that any CUSA program should out recruit us.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

That household makes ALOT of money off of Tech. Time to fire them and hire the cheapest option. The results would be the same, no tournament.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Shooting is way too inconsistent. At Rice we hit 3 of 21 threes (14%) after hitting 11 of 22 (50%) vs UTEP Saturday. Defense has stepped up some, got 23 turnovers from Rice, 28 from UTSA. Rice's best player did not play against us, however. When we're hot we're hot. Sat 3rd quarter UTEP hit 4/4 threes, 8/11 overall, 10/11 free throws, YET we outscored them 32-30 that quarter.

We've got to go 6 - 8 our remaining CUSA games to avoid a second consecutive losing season overall. Now sitting at 9-6 overall, 1-3 CUSA. We really need to beat UNT Saturday, then at least split at home next week vs MTSU and UAB. Mrs Russdawg a d I will be there to cheer us on.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I believe the actual coaching part is good. It is the recruiting that is falling short - which is part of being the HC. She was always one of my favorite Lady Techsters and I love her keeping this team academically sound and out of controversy of any type. Just wish she could recruit one BIG star and see what type of team she could build around that. I think, at this point, she seriously needs to think about getting a top notch recruiter in the door. There is absolutely NO REASON in the world that any CUSA program should out recruit us.
    Very well stated. I completely agree.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Can you give me some examples of good coaching? I want to be convinced.

An academically sound and high class team is a big plus.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

We need better athletes. That picture above --everybody with the fat, short legs-- tells you everything you need to know. Those are not the legs of premier, D1 athletes. Those are the legs of mostly "out of shape', marginal, D1 players. We need to recruit some real athletes that can run up and down the court. If you don't have SIZE on the court (and we don't), you need some speed that can get up and down the court. That should be possible for us.

There. I said it.

+ Reply to Thread