+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take to hire a defensive coordinator?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: How long does it take to hire a defensive coordinator?

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Yes, we should give him a raise.
    Do it.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Did anyone on this board pick us to win 10 games before the season? We had a senior QB returning that none of us had much faith in and a new defensive coordinator who didn't inspire much confidence. We won 10 games, and all of a sudden, it's not good enough. I don't get it. Am I disappointed that we didn't win the conference? Yes. Am I angry at the suspensions? Yes. We had a chance for a truly historic season, and we blew it. But to say we should have done better is a stretch. The media picked us to finish third in the division. Not one of the 26 voters picked us to win. By all measures, given the preseason expectations, we overachieved in 2019.
    Good post!

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

I like what he did at Jacksonville St. haven’t seen that mentioned yet. That was the most impressive thing on his resume to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    I like what he did at Jacksonville St. haven’t seen that mentioned yet. That was the most impressive thing on his resume to me.
    Agreed.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Did anyone on this board pick us to win 10 games before the season? We had a senior QB returning that none of us had much faith in and a new defensive coordinator who didn't inspire much confidence. We won 10 games, and all of a sudden, it's not good enough. I don't get it. Am I disappointed that we didn't win the conference? Yes. Am I angry at the suspensions? Yes. We had a chance for a truly historic season, and we blew it. But to say we should have done better is a stretch. The media picked us to finish third in the division. Not one of the 26 voters picked us to win. By all measures, given the preseason expectations, we overachieved in 2019.
    We knew Texas was an L and expected to lose both Marshall and USM. We knew we'd be in a bowl game and a good chance at a win since Holtz plays a different game in bowls than he does in the regular season other than special teams.

10 games is NOT good enough when we should have won 13 and be ranked in the Top25. That was not bad luck, it was bad management.

Oh, and the media's picks suck. Nobody respects the media.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

10 games is NOT good enough when we should have won 13 and be ranked in the Top25. That was not bad luck, it was bad management.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    If it's a stretch then how did we blow it?
    I'm saying in the moment before the suspension we had a chance for a truly historic season, and the suspension cost us that. But if you told any of us at the beginning of the season that we'd win 10 games, I think we all would have thought this would be a very fun season.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

We knew Texas was an L and expected to lose both Marshall and USM. We knew we'd be in a bowl game and a good chance at a win since Holtz plays a different game in bowls than he does in the regular season other than special teams.

Oh, and the media's picks suck. Nobody respects the media.
    So you're saying the consensus of this board was that we'd win 10 games and finish second in the division? I'd love to see the evidence to back that up. That's not the mood I remember from the beginning of the year.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm saying in the moment before the suspension we had a chance for a truly historic season, and the suspension cost us that. But if you told any of us at the beginning of the season that we'd win 10 games, I think we all would have thought this would be a very fun season.
    Especially when 7 of the wins were against what turned out to be some of the worst teams in college football.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

So you're saying the consensus of this board was that we'd win 10 games and finish second in the division? I'd love to see the evidence to back that up. That's not the mood I remember from the beginning of the year.
    I predicted 8-5, 7-5 and then another bowl win. Holtz et al exceeded my expectations by 2 games. Getting to a 10-win season was one of the benchmarks most of us had for Tech Football. Holtz can check that box now, but that doesn't mean he can get by not repeating it. No, I don't expect a 10-win season from now on. I expect to see some 11-win+ seasons now! But seriously, well, yes I do, but I know an 8-win season remains in the picture during a particularly rough rebuilding year.

Remaining on Holtz's list is a CUSA Championship (then repeating) and a Top 25 finish...followed by a Top 15 finish sometime down the road.

Our schedule was very weak in 2019...VERY WEAK! It was horrendous actually. Still, Holtz and the guys played the schedule they had and won 10 games, and a 6th straight bowl too. It was a GOOD season to be sure!

Exactly!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Many of us thought and think a coach who had been in place and winning consistently for 6 and 5 years respectively and having lost no players from the year before should have won the west easily. There are plenty who said something similar to that way on the prediction thread.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Pretty good post....at least until the bolded part. Let's be candid: The media doesn't know our team near as well as most of us know our team. So, am I surprised "the media" got it wrong again? No. I expect it.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Pretty good post....at least until the bolded part. Let's be candid: The media doesn't know our team near as well as most of us know our team. So, am I surprised "the media" got it wrong again? No. I expect it.
    Did any of the coaches pick us to win the West? I can’t recall if there is a coach’s poll for the conference or not.

Regardless, Bret’s point is a good one. Nobody picked J’Mar to be OPY. Few, if any, picked us to beat USM preseason.

Sure, Holtz drops games he shouldn’t each year. So does Lincoln Reilly.

+ Reply to Thread