+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long does it take to hire a defensive coordinator?

Bulldog veerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around here veerbone's Avatar

How long does it take to hire a defensive coordinator?

OC was an internal promotion, I'm assuming DC won't be or it would've been announced already. What are we waiting on?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: How long does it take to hire a defensive coordinator?

The convention just ended this week. That's where a lot of these things get done.
    I bet it won't be too much longer now.

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Honestly as long as it takes. I would rather they take their time and make the right hire, than rush it and make the wrong hire.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

There's a lot of focus on recruiting right now too. National Signing Day(NSD) is coming up very soon (2 weeks?). Yeah, I know we already signed 20 players during the early signing period back in December, which is great. But I've been receiving tweets all week from our coaches out on the recruiting trail. I think something's up out there. They are still working it. I think that's what they are focused on in the immediate timeframe.

There will be plenty of time between NSD and Spring practice to hire an DC.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Well...I think it would be better for a new DC to participate in the recruiting process since he should know what type of players best fit his system. Too late for that now.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

The fact that Holtz hasn’t pulled a new DC from his holster of old friends yet is encouraging.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Well...I think it would be better for a new DC to participate in the recruiting process since he should know what type of players best fit his system. Too late for that now.
    Or we can hire a coach that best compliments our last few recruiting classes.

Varsity Bulldog jtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her game

I am really worried about this hire. Diaco was a home run but with only one year here his system is not ingrained. He was magic this year as I did not see a lot of superstar talent other than Amik but he got results.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t think we got a good sample size to prove anything about Diaco’s system. We had some flashes, but we also gave up a lot of chunk plays to some pretty bad teams.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I don’t think we got a good sample size to prove anything about Diaco’s system. We had some flashes, but we also gave up a lot of chunk plays to some pretty bad teams.
    Same. Diaz was a home run. We had some very good players on D this year and it would be easy for their talent to obscure a system.

Not that Diaco was necessarily bad or good: just that it's difficult to say because of the cases you mention.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Same. Diaz was a home run. We had some very good players on D this year and it would be easy for their talent to obscure a system.

Not that Diaco was necessarily bad or good: just that it's difficult to say because of the cases you mention.
    Most of our fan base HATED Baker even in his last year.

I was wrong about Diaco, but more because we had a couple of talented LBs this year that helped his system work. I think we should have won both Marshall and UAB even without the rockstar. Our defense hurt us in both games and UAB was a HORRIBLE offensive team we could not stop.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    There's a lot of focus on recruiting right now too. National Signing Day(NSD) is coming up very soon (2 weeks?). Yeah, I know we already signed 20 players during the early signing period back in December, which is great. But I've been receiving tweets all week from our coaches out on the recruiting trail. I think something's up out there. They are still working it. I think that's what they are focused on in the immediate timeframe.

There will be plenty of time between NSD and Spring practice to hire an DC.
    I think recruiting is a big part of this issue. Whoever we hire is out recruiting for his current job, most likely. It's one of the things that I don't like about college football. We probably won't announce the new DC until after Signing Day. The new DC won't recruit for us, and he'll leave the recruits he's out pursuing right now for his current school. I could be wrong, but I've seen it happen on multiple occasions over the past couple of years.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Most of our fan base HATED Diaz even in his last year.

Baker? Diaz was only here 1 year.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Baker? Diaz was only here 1 year.
    Yes, my bad.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Most of our fan base HATED Baker even in his last year.

I was wrong about Diaco, but more because we had a couple of talented LBs this year that helped his system work. I think we should have won both Marshall and UAB even without the rockstar. Our defense hurt us in both games and UAB was a HORRIBLE offensive team we could not stop.
    Hate??? Just asking.

+ Reply to Thread