+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kobe Bryant dead in helicopter crash

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Kobe Bryant dead in helicopter crash

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Yeah, didn't he crash on a golf course?
    Never heard that one.

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    I am not sure about that part, but I know the plane lost cabin pressure and I remember it being on autopilot and folks tracking it until it crashed. I remember the frost inside the windows of the plane was how they knew everyone was dead.
    This is what I was thinking. They were dead long before the plane ran out of fuel and crashed.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Haughton and KC Chiefs Joe Delaney drowning while saving 3 boys from drowning. Joe was an up and coming star in his 2 season.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

What about the LSU coach who was on a plane that diverted course and was never found. I think they determined it went out into the Gulf of Mexico. I can't remember his name or if anyone else besides the pilot was onboard. He had yet to develop a name for himself. I remembered because of the Payne Stewart comments.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Kurt Budke

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    This is what I was thinking. They were dead long before the plane ran out of fuel and crashed.
    There is a series on Smithsonian called Air Disasters - they profiled the Stewart crash in one of the episodes

The Air Force literally sent chase planes to follow the flight because they were not certain where the crash would occur at first and there was talk of taking down the flight with air-to-air missiles incase it threatened to crash in a populated area

They were are to deduce that all occupants were deceased shortly after reaching altitude

https://www.smithsonianchannel.com/s...ce/802/3439443
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    What about the LSU coach who was on a plane that diverted course and was never found. I think they determined it went out into the Gulf of Mexico. I can't remember his name or if anyone else besides the pilot was onboard. He had yet to develop a name for himself. I remembered because of the Payne Stewart comments.
    Bo Rein (sp?)

They believe the flight ended up in the Atlantic - he was hired from South Carolina? to replace Charlie McClendon

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Bo Rein (sp?)

They believe the flight ended up in the Atlantic - he was hired from South Carolina? to replace Charlie McClendon
    Yep! I remember him being Charlie Mac's replacement. That was the first time I had ever heard of such a thing as a plane taking off and just disappearing.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    Bo Rein from NC State. He recruited my Uncle out of high school.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    Bo Rein from NC State. He recruited my Uncle out of high school.
    Following the 1979 season, Rein was hired away from NC State by Louisiana State University. In January 1980, Rein took a recruiting trip to Shreveport, Louisiana. On his January 10, 1980 return trip back to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, his private aircraft crashed, leaving no survivors.[3]Rein and experienced pilot Louis Benscotter left Shreveport in a Cessna 441 aircraft. The flight was planned to be a 40-minute trip, but when Benscotter rerouted east to avoid a storm, air traffic control lost contact with him. The aircraft climbed to 40,000 feet and kept heading due east. After being tracked on radar, the aircraft was eventually intercepted by U.S. Air National Guard Convair F-106 Delta Dart fighter aircraft over North Carolina, a thousand miles off-course and at an altitude of 41,600 ft (12,700 m), 6,600 ft (2,000 m) feet higher than its maximum certified ceiling. The military pilots could not see anyone in the cockpit and the aircraft continued on over the Atlantic Ocean, where it crashed after running out of fuel. A US Coast Guard crew spotted some debris, but no wreckage was ever recovered. The bodies of Rein and Benscotter have never been found.[4]The cause of the crash is undetermined but was most likely cabin depressurization causing hypoxia, a lack of oxygen,[5] resulting in the occupants losing consciousness.In 1982, Rein's widow, Suzanne Kay, reached an out-of-court settlement for an undisclosed amount after filing a $10 million damage suit against a number of defendants, including the Cessna Aircraft Company, Cruse Aviation Inc., who serviced the aircraft, and Nichols Construction Corporation, who owned it.[6] Out of respect, LSU paid for Rein's children's college educations at the universities of their choice. Former Ohio State coach Woody Hayes gave the eulogy at Rein's funeral in Niles, Ohio.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Following the 1979 season, Rein was hired away from NC State by Louisiana State University. In January 1980, Rein took a recruiting trip to Shreveport, Louisiana. On his January 10, 1980 return trip back to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, his private aircraft crashed, leaving no survivors.[3]Rein and experienced pilot Louis Benscotter left Shreveport in a Cessna 441 aircraft. The flight was planned to be a 40-minute trip, but when Benscotter rerouted east to avoid a storm, air traffic control lost contact with him. The aircraft climbed to 40,000 feet and kept heading due east. After being tracked on radar, the aircraft was eventually intercepted by U.S. Air National Guard Convair F-106 Delta Dart fighter aircraft over North Carolina, a thousand miles off-course and at an altitude of 41,600 ft (12,700 m), 6,600 ft (2,000 m) feet higher than its maximum certified ceiling. The military pilots could not see anyone in the cockpit and the aircraft continued on over the Atlantic Ocean, where it crashed after running out of fuel. A US Coast Guard crew spotted some debris, but no wreckage was ever recovered. The bodies of Rein and Benscotter have never been found.[4]The cause of the crash is undetermined but was most likely cabin depressurization causing hypoxia, a lack of oxygen,[5] resulting in the occupants losing consciousness.In 1982, Rein's widow, Suzanne Kay, reached an out-of-court settlement for an undisclosed amount after filing a $10 million damage suit against a number of defendants, including the Cessna Aircraft Company, Cruse Aviation Inc., who serviced the aircraft, and Nichols Construction Corporation, who owned it.[6] Out of respect, LSU paid for Rein's children's college educations at the universities of their choice. Former Ohio State coach Woody Hayes gave the eulogy at Rein's funeral in Niles, Ohio.
    Yep, My Uncle was a top recruit out of Columbia SC in 1977. Chollie Mac and Bo Rein recruited him but he chose to play under Bobby Ross at the Citadel. Two years later, Cholly Mac was out and Bo was hired at LSU.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Saw that Kobe and his daughter went to mass and had communion shortly before boarding the helicopter...

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Yeah, didn't he crash on a golf course?
    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Never heard that one.

OK...I remember which golfer died in a plane crash on a golf course....It was "Champagne" Tony Lema.

"The twin-engine plane, piloted by Doris Mullen, ran out of fuel and crashed into a water hazard short of the seventh green of the nine-hole Lansing Sportsman’s Club in Lansing about a half-mile northwest of their destination, Lansing Municipal Airport. During the fatal plunge, Mullen swerved left to avoid a group of people standing near the clubhouse. In addition to the Lemas and Mullen, a mother of four teenage children, Dr. George Bard, the co-pilot and a surgeon, was also killed."

I'm not a huge NBA fan or Kobe fan but I thought it was chicken shit that the sidewalk chalk murals honoring Kobe and Gigi were ordered to be power washed away -

Especially given the forecast for the next two days....

Sometimes we can't get out of our own way

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I'm not a huge NBA fan or Kobe fan but I thought it was chicken shit that the sidewalk chalk murals honoring Kobe and Gigi were ordered to be power washed away -

Especially given the forecast for the next two days....

Sometimes we can't get out of our own way
    I agree it should not have been washed off by campus staff. However, the worst part of this is the Twitter storm that is accusing us of being a racist institution. This is an instance where there should be a rule change to allow sidewalk chalk in a specific area of campus.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I agree it should not have been washed off by campus staff. However, the worst part of this is the Twitter storm that is accusing us of being a racist institution. This is an instance where there should be a rule change to allow sidewalk chalk in a specific area of campus.
    I never saw a pic of it but I'm sure it wasn't racist. But that said and I ask; random graffiti, not related to Louisiana Tech, should be allowed where on campus?

Are you suggesting a separate place for news items of the day or what?

+ Reply to Thread