+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LA Tech Hosts Defending Champion ODU in Red Out

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

LA Tech Hosts Defending Champion ODU in Red Out

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech will don the red uniforms as part of its sixth annual "Red Out" when they play host to the defending C-USA champion Old Dominion on Saturday at 4 p.m. inside the Thomas Assembly Center on Karl Malone Court.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Re: LA Tech Hosts Defending Champion ODU in Red Out

I never really interacted with odu fans until the tournament last March. THE BIGGEST BUNCH OF... jerks that I have ever run across. Seriously, worse than uab, worse than the purple and piss. I can’t see myself ever pulling for them in any sport at any time, and one of my favorite people is getting a graduate degree from there. It wasn’t just a single dickhead. It was a LARGE group, apparently “family members” of the team. Really, really uncouth people.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Skill, what's your take on our team right now? I'm trying not to get overly excited but the defense seems consistent and the scoring is multi dimensional.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Skill, what's your take on our team right now? I'm trying not to get overly excited but the defense seems consistent and the scoring is multi dimensional.
    I want to be excited... Physically, we are really, really good. Disappointed that Crawford went down because he might have been our best Freshman in 40 years. I still have major concerns with our staff, but you are right that we have scoring from all levels. IF we would just play 94 feet of defense, EVERY GAME, I would be happy regardless of the outcome. As you know, pressure is cumulative. Easy baskets come from pressure; blow out wins come from the accumulation of pressure. We have the depth and athleticism to go 40 minutes of hell... we apparently do not have the Testosterone in our coaching staff to do so. VERY discouraging.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Our halfcourt sets have gotten increasingly better. That said, I think we have the depth to press if we want to up the tempo. I think Konkol is just more comfortable with the structure of playing mostly in the
    halfcourt. Crawford is a great recruit! I'm happy for Pemberton that he's getting to play, but Isaiah is already a stud. Something about the diversity and guard play of this team is making me want to think we're the best equipped to win the conference tournament. It's weird to think, but this may be the squad that breaks the drought?

Our halfcourt sets have gotten increasingly better. That said, I think we have the depth to press if we want to up the tempo. I think Konkol is just more comfortable with the structure of playing mostly in the
    halfcourt. Crawford is a great recruit! I'm happy for Pemberton that he's getting to play, but Isaiah is already a stud. Something about the diversity and guard play of this team is making me want to think we're the best equipped to win the conference tournament. It's weird to think, but this may be the squad that breaks the drought?
    I really can see it happening. They should have advanced last year and this is a much deeper team. Konkol continues to be my biggest concern. Assertiveness? Trying to be nice... would be a desirable quality in a head basketball coach... Look, I admit that i am way biased. I personally witnessed Tommy Joe Eagles LITERALLY attempting to kick a teammate in the ass. And I had nothing but respect for the man. I knew he could beat the crap out of me.... and I knew he would beat the crap out anybody that came after me. Don’t get the same vibe out of skinny pants guy.

https://www.facebook.com/22882559683...8355686136833/

This video gives a little glimpse of his emphases.

... and for those of you that were not blessed to know TJE. WONDERFUL human being. outside of my own father, my favorite dude ever. Fabulous Christian man. But buddy, he had the ability to LIGHT YOU UP. I guarantee you that Karl Malone and PJ Brown both knew the fear of God inspired by Tommy Joe. The only guy that ever intimidated me as much... my Senior DI, a 5’7” Mexican guy, Staff Sargeant Cervantes

https://www.facebook.com/22882559683...8355686136833/

This video gives a little glimpse of his emphases.
    he does seem to be recruiting better than we have in the past 30 years... I am probably just a cranky old fart...

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    he does seem to be recruiting better than we have in the past 30 years... I am probably just a cranky old fart...
    Yeah, I really thought Duruji was a fluke but he seems to not to be worried about hurting feelings. Like, "I'm bringing in your replacement, so don't sleep." I don't know, he's really growing on me.

Yeah, I really thought Duruji was a fluke but he seems to not to be worried about hurting feelings. Like, "I'm bringing in your replacement, so don't sleep." I don't know, he's really growing on me.
    I am really amazed with Crawford. Much rather have him for 4 years than Duruji for 2. Crawford was much better as a Freshman than Duruji was as a Sophomore

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I like how Gordon and Muhammad are stepping up as our big guys in the paint. They are both getting better and better. This team is deep and the path is open to...well, the Dance. They have only to seize the opportunity. My concerns remain in our FT shooting, particularly for Bracy and Jean who are our senior leaders and who SHOULD be handling matters in tight games down the stretch. Unfortunately their lousy FT shooting is a MAJOR achilles heel. Of course if we bomb 3's consistently like we did Thursday then FT shooting is rendered less important. But, you know as well as I you can't count on shooting from the arc like that night after night, especially once we reach Frisco in a one-and-done tourney.

We are 16-5 (7-2) and the team is playing well. We will need to continue to get better, both as individual players and as a team, if we hope to make 2020 truly a season to remember. We haven't danced since 1991...that is beyond ridiculous.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I like how Gordon and Muhammad are stepping up as our big guys in the paint. They are both getting better and better. This team is deep and the path is open to...well, the Dance. They have only to seize the opportunity. My concerns remain in our FT shooting, particularly for Bracy and Jean who are our senior leaders and who SHOULD be handling matters in tight games down the stretch. Unfortunately their lousy FT shooting is a MAJOR achilles heel. Of course if we bomb 3's consistently like we did Thursday then FT shooting is rendered less important. But, you know as well as I you can't count on shooting from the arc like that night after night, especially once we reach Frisco in a one-and-done tourney.

We are 16-5 (7-2) and the team is playing well. We will need to continue to get better, both as individual players and as a team, if we hope to make 2020 truly a season to remember. We haven't danced since 1991...that is beyond ridiculous.
    The Charlotte game was a weird one with regards to free throws. Each team only shot 8 free throws for the whole game. Tech had only shot 5 until the last 2 min. Tech made 5 FT's and Charlotte 6.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    The Charlotte game was a weird one with regards to free throws. Each team only shot 8 free throws for the whole game. Tech had only shot 5 until the last 2 min. Tech made 5 FT's and Charlotte 6.
    It's always to our benefit whenever a game is devoid of FT shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Those two guys are why we have NO excuse not to press. We can have a rim protector in at all times..

+ Reply to Thread