+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: QB flips to Tech from Harvard

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Re: QB flips to Tech from Harvard

If Westin Elliott is the starter I won’t watch a game this year.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Holstein is one of the best that I've ever seen in person. Two summers ago, we went down to STM for a 7-on-7 tournament. I got to stand on the field just a few yards away from Holstein as he was carving up our defense. He spins the ball better than anybody I've witnessed live at the high school level. He has a quick, easy release and tremendous accuracy. And the best part is that what I saw in 7-on-7 was backed up by production in pads on Friday nights. This kid is one of the best QBs in Louisiana over the past two decades and was talented enough to keep his job despite immense pressure from a talented backup QB who committed to LSU as a sophomore.

The one thing that doesn't make sense to me is the fact that Holstein was willing to grayshirt and that we asked him to do so. I figured he would have plenty of options to get into school immediately and start competing. Reading the tea leaves, I would assume this means that Luke Anthony has the inside track to win the starting job for next season and that Aaron Allen and Holstein will battle for the starting job in 2021.
    Good info, Brett. I'm excited about his potential.

Like you, I'm not sure I understand what's in it for an athlete to accept a "Gray shirt"? Then again, I'm not real familiar with the Gray shirt rules. Does this mean he forfeits a red shirt year? Or does the clock officially start on "5 years to play 4" when he first gray shirts?

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

He enrolls for the Winter Quarter so when he participates in Spring practice in 2021, he has 5 years to play 4 starting then. So he could take a redshirt in 2021 if he doesnt win the starting job and then play in 2022, 2023, 2024, and 2025.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    So, basically, we have about 9 QB’s. So we still don’t have one.
    It's Tim Rattay's fault.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    So, basically, we have about 9 QB’s. So we still don’t have one.
    It's Tim Rattay's fault.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    He enrolls for the Winter Quarter so when he participates in Spring practice in 2021, he has 5 years to play 4 starting then. So he could take a redshirt in 2021 if he doesnt win the starting job and then play in 2022, 2023, 2024, and 2025.
    Thanks for the explanation, Jay.

Gray shirts don't sign a LOI either right?

This allows them to walk away to another opportunity without the one year penalty. It also keeps the school from having to count the player in the numbers for the current year.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Gray shirts don't sign a LOI either right?

This allows them to walk away to another opportunity without the one year penalty. It also keeps the school from having to count the player in the numbers for the current year.
    So, it sounds like Holstein just waited too late to switch his commitment to LA Tech, and we had already signed the Anthony kid from ACU.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    So, it sounds like Holstein just waited too late to switch his commitment to LA Tech, and we had already signed the Anthony kid from ACU.
    "So we got that going for us!"

NICE!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

It's Tim Rattay's fault.
    You sure fault him for a lot. Geesh!

The poor guy is now on his second team after leaving TECH. Give him a break.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    You sure fault him for a lot. Geesh!

The poor guy is now on his second team after leaving TECH. Give him a break.
    I think you know I was mocking you and others who don't understand the game.

.....thank goodness we have you here on BB&B to straighten us out and educate us on the game.

Don’t you know I was mocking you?

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Holstein had to have signed a LOI, otherwise Holtz wouldn't have been able to say his name or mention a single thing about him at the press conference.

Eligibility is based upon when they actually enroll for classes, not when they sign the LOI.

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

So does no one have any information about Jakson Thomson? Is he still with the program? Maybe just isn't progressing? Anything?

He sounded promising coming out of high school. Of course, the shiny new thing almost always seems more promising than what you have had sitting on the shelf for a couple of years.

+ Reply to Thread