+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Legend: Bob Griffin has died

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

The Legend: Bob Griffin has died

https://www.ktbs.com/news/the-legend...3eb73815f.html

Sports in the ARKLATEX won't be the same!

FYI, Bob is Luke McCown's father in law.
    Last edited by CARTEK; 02-08-2020 at 01:13 PM.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The Legend: Bob Griffin has died

Very sad! What a super guy

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Icon
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

A legend for sure, in north Louisiana. And a friend to LA Tech as well.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

As a 5 year old in 1960 living in Nebraska, my favorite show was the "Wilbur the Worm Show". I really liked Wilbur (a sock puppet) and really missed him when we moved. Two moves in 5 months landed us in Minden and I discovered "Bob and His Buddies". Wilbur was good, but Bob was the best! We always watched KSLA news because of Bob, Don Owen and Chief Meteorologist Al Bolton plus it led into Walter Cronkite.

Fast forward to the fall of 1973 and my first Tech home game as a student. Bob was down at the bottom of the student section covering the game, so I went down to get his autograph. I asked him how his buddy, the bunny rabbit was doing. He laughed and said he had gone to the great cabbage patch in the sky, but his grand kids were doing fine. Still have his autograph somewhere.

KSLA was nuts to send him home. KTBS was smart to put him back on the air. What a great guy.

+ Reply to Thread