+ Reply to Thread

Thread: @LATechWBB Faces FAU in Saturday Tilt

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

@LATechWBB Faces FAU in Saturday Tilt

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech will look to make it three in a row when the Lady Techsters face Florida Atlantic Saturday at 1 p.m. CT.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: @LATechWBB Faces FAU in Saturday Tilt

Go Ladies. Whip FAU and come home to get USM Thursday!! Three more home games; season goes by too fast.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

We need to make up some ground quickly, but at least we will make the tournament. Let's see if we have just a little magic!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    We need to make up some ground quickly, but at least we will make the tournament. Let's see if we have just a little magic!
    Nothing would please more than to see a strong finish for the Techsters.

As I have posted before Brooke did it twice at NSU. One year they kind of limped along most of the season then got red hot, winning something like their last 6 regular season games to go from the cellar to garnering a 6th seed in the SLC tourney, but everyone had them pegged to go dancing. And sure enough they swept thru the tourney to win the auto-bid.

Hopefully, she has a little magic left...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Just saw that CUSA has THREE teams in the mix in Bracketology! Rice, ODU, and WKU are all listed as strong at-large possibilities for the Dance. Now, at the end of the day, CUSA might end up as a one-bid league again. But, for CUSA to have three teams being seriously mentioned as at-large contenders is great. Shows in WBB, at least, CUSA is a little stronger than some (including me, since I don't follow WBB closely anymore) think.

So, all of that to say, I suppose it's reasonable to give Brooke a little more of a pass to expect her to duplicate in CUSA what she accomplished twice in the much weaker SLC.

Go Techsters!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Just saw that CUSA has THREE teams in the mix in Bracketology! Rice, ODU, and WKU are all listed as strong at-large possibilities for the Dance. Now, at the end of the day, CUSA might end up as a one-bid league again. But, for CUSA to have three teams being seriously mentioned as at-large contenders is great. Shows in WBB, at least, CUSA is a little stronger than some (including me, since I don't follow WBB closely anymore) think.

So, all of that to say, I suppose it's reasonable to give Brooke a little more of a pass to expect her to duplicate in CUSA what she accomplished twice in the much weaker SLC.

Go Techsters!
    Yes, but we should be able to out recruit all of CUSA (ODU maybe rivaling us). No reason for more talent to be at Rice or WKU. We have to get something going with recruiting. I still say that is the problem. Brooke can coach - I don't have a doubt about that.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Down 34-31 halftime.

Down 64-57 after 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Down 34-31 halftime.

Down 64-57 after 3rd
    Been trailing the whole game. Going to have to pull something out of the hat to win this one.

FAU wins 77-75, bucket with 5 seconds left after we tie game. The three teams below us, UNT, FIU, UTSA also lose, leaving us 11th in CUSA

We made the tournament. All we can hope for now is a little fire when we get there..

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    We made the tournament. All we can hope for now is a little fire when we get there..
    Still really need to beat FIU (Ruston) and UTSA (there) to make it certain. UTSA and UNT behind us both hold tiebreak over us.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    FAU wins 77-75, bucket with 5 seconds left after we tie game. The three teams below us, UNT, FIU, UTSA also lose, leaving us 11th in CUSA
    11th in CUSA. I never thought I'd see the day.

I wonder how some Lady Techster alumni are feeling right about now?

+ Reply to Thread