+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonus Play Set for Bulldogs

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Bonus Play Set for Bulldogs

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

In an announcement made by the Conference USA office on Sunday, the opponents, dates and times have now been set for the final four games of the league slate as part of Bonus Play.

More...

Discuss it here.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Bonus Play Set for Bulldogs

Not happy about the 1st two games being on the road. But I guess that's the way it works in Pod play.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Should have taken care of WKU and Marshall on the road, as well as UTSA and well NT and we would be in a better position, but if "If's and But's were candy and nuts, we'd all have a better Christmas!" Hell wins over Marshall and NT would have gotten us in a better position, but we Tech'd it again. Hoping we'll get hot during the tourney. We CAN beat any team in this conference.

Varsity Bulldog tech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of light tech_dawg_fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Not happy about the 1st two games being on the road. But I guess that's the way it works in Pod play.
    I actually completely disagree with this. All things considered, I think we got the best possible outcome. Obviously I want to be the one seed going into pod play, but UNT BY FAR has the worst road to the tournament. Because of pre-pod play results, they can go 0-4 and still get a bye in the tournament. B/c they have the last bye of pod play and a first round bye, they will have 8 (if my math is correct) days off in between games. If they get matched with a team like UTSA or Rice that can be incredibly streaky, they could lose in their first game because of rust. Look at MTSU losing to USM in 2018 in their first game of the tournament. In our case, we get the bye in the middle of the games, so we get a reasonable amount of time off between games to return home, and we are not having to worry about traveling back to home to turn around and then travel to Frisco.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I expect us to struggle to a 2-2 finish in Pod play, but truthfully we could go 4-0 or 0-4 and it'll still come down to TRYING to avoid being one-n-done in Frisco. Some will argue Pod play ultimately affects seeding in the tourney, granted, but I think given how mediocre CUSA is it won't matter too much about seeding, it'll come down to who's hot, who's not, and for us, can we actually make FTs down the stretch.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I expect us to struggle to a 2-2 finish in Pod play, but truthfully we could go 4-0 or 0-4 and it'll still come down to TRYING to avoid being one-n-done in Frisco. Some will argue Pod play ultimately affects seeding in the tourney, granted, but I think given how mediocre CUSA is it won't matter too much about seeding, it'll come down to who's hot, who's not, and for us, can we actually make FTs down the stretch.
    I'm not sure how the tiebreakers work in terms of who wins the regular season championship. For example, if North Texas goes 2-2 and we go 4-0 with Western Kentucky going 3-1, who wins the title?

Aside from all that, our team seems the best built to win 3 games in 3 days because of quality depth and veteran experience. Of course, that doesn't change the fact that we can lose to just about any team. Thing is, I think every team in the top pod could lose to just about anybody.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I'm frustrated that our home games are not availble on ESPN3/+. This is a Tech thing, not CUSA.

From my understanding, ESPN has strict requirements for announcers, etc. You can't just throw on the radio feed and go. My thoughts on the subject are this: you know the 5 dates available for games. We should have said to the pxp guys we used this year [Bill Hazen, Doug Anderson and Lyn Rollins (or color Chris Mycoskie)], are you available any of these dates? They know their schedule, so if they are in the area, they could have chosen some dates. Then use Katie Hall for color as we did the last two games.

We need to develop a Play-by-play announcer available locally so we can broadcast all of our games on ESPN3/+ (baseball & M & W basketball at least), and not just men's conference basketball games. I'm sure there are plenty of qualified folks between Shreveport/Ruston/Monroe that we can find someone.

I thought Katie Hall did well on color in the FAU game (I didn't watch much of the FIU game).

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I'm frustrated that our home games are not availble on ESPN3/+. This is a Tech thing, not CUSA.

From my understanding, ESPN has strict requirements for announcers, etc. You can't just throw on the radio feed and go. My thoughts on the subject are this: you know the 5 dates available for games. We should have said to the pxp guys we used this year [Bill Hazen, Doug Anderson and Lyn Rollins (or color Chris Mycoskie)], are you available any of these dates? They know their schedule, so if they are in the area, they could have chosen some dates. Then use Katie Hall for color as we did the last two games.

We need to develop a Play-by-play announcer available locally so we can broadcast all of our games on ESPN3/+ (baseball & M & W basketball at least), and not just men's conference basketball games. I'm sure there are plenty of qualified folks between Shreveport/Ruston/Monroe that we can find someone.

I thought Katie Hall did well on color in the FAU game (I didn't watch much of the FIU game).
    ....Katie Hall did okay. But the guy doing the play-by-play call against FAU kept impeding on her time, and doing the color himself, LOL! She couldn't get a word in edgewise.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

....Katie Hall did okay. But the guy doing the play-by-play call against FAU kept impeding on her time, and doing the color himself, LOL! She couldn't get a word in edgewise.
    Bill Hazen definitely likes to talk. I loved when Katie would correct him.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Is that the only issue?

At least our ESPN3 broadcasts WORK which is more than I can say for most of our conference mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Is that the only issue?

At least our ESPN3 broadcasts WORK which is more than I can say for most of our conference mates.
    Truth. Our ESPN+ broadcasts are excellent, and are managed really well. My only complaint is, our cameras and new equipment are so good, they make the LA Tech court floor look yellow. We're gonna have to replace that floor pretty soon, just so I can look at it.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Bill Hazen definitely likes to talk. I loved when Katie would correct him.
    Hazen is the absolute worst TV guy I've ever heard. Worse than that annoying Beth M. on ESPN.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Truth. Our ESPN+ broadcasts are excellent, and are managed really well. My only complaint is, our cameras and new equipment are so good, they make the LA Tech court floor look yellow. We're gonna have to replace that floor pretty soon, just so I can look at it.
    The floor itself is not the issue, it's the cheap-ass way we varnish (re-seal it)….

You need to strip the old varnish totally off and then re-seal

We don't do that
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    The floor itself is not the issue, it's the cheap-ass way we varnish (re-seal it)….

You need to strip the old varnish totally off and then re-seal

We don't do that
    That makes more sense.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

+ Reply to Thread