+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 386 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 5777

Thread: Covid - 19

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Re: Covid - 19

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I wouldn’t call that article news. It is more of a summary of how Trump fubar’d our ability to respond to COVID.
    It's an after-the-fact spin of limited events to portray what they wanted them to show. They are not an unbiased source of information (probably less so than the news agency you rail against). The conclusion was predetermined, and then they twisted whatever they could to back up their conclusion.

Any idiot could do that.

The fact that you get your information from them tells me a lot about you (and your echo chamber). No wonder you are willing to put on the tin foil hat every time someone makes an allegation against the President. Campaign finance...you're on board. Russia...you're on board. Ukraine...you're on board. Racist...you're on board. Sexist...you're on board. There is no limit to how much you can be duped.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    It's an after-the-fact spin of limited events to portray what they wanted them to show. They are not an unbiased source of information (probably less so than the news agency you rail against). The conclusion was predetermined, and then they twisted whatever they could to back up their conclusion.

Any idiot could do that.

The fact that you get your information from them tells me a lot about you (and your echo chamber). No wonder you are willing to put on the tin foil hat every time someone makes an allegation against the President. Campaign finance...you're on board. Russia...you're on board. Ukraine...you're on board. Racist...you're on board. Sexist...you're on board. There is no limit to how much you can be duped.
    Yeah, but Goosey read the Mueller Report!!! Even though Robert Mueller didn't.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Any idiot could do that.

Hate to disappoint you, but I barely get any information from Vox - it is just something I can easily link to for purposes of posting info here.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Where is your 50% number coming from for the flu. I think the safe assumption is that the numbers the CDC uses to estimate total cases includes those who are asymptomatic but still spread the disease. I think a large part of the projection is based on how fast it spreads which would include some who are asymptomatic. The number certainly includes those who have symptoms so minor that they don't feel the need to go to the doctor. Would those be included in the 50% of asymptomatic cases? They have a pretty good handle on the flu numbers unlike this.
    The bolded part is incorrect. After digging into the CDC numbers some more. They only estimate "symptomatic cases". Almost all of the CDC numbers for the flu are estimates (including deaths). They are based on the number of hospitalizations (which is adjusted for the accuracy of the test as Guisslapp pointed out in the Louisiana thread). Deaths from the flu are derived in a similar fashion (and are adjusted up because of suspected under reporting of the flu as a cause of death). The total number of cases is just a multiple of the estimates for hospitalization. There isn't any larger model to estimate transmission or carriers etc. It's actually much more simple than that. None of the CDC numbers for the flu are hard numbers of positive tests, doctor visits, hospitalizations, or deaths. They are all estimates. They do have a good understanding of the flu from years of research and tracking and can make the estimates with pretty good confidence.
    Bottom line, the numbers used for the flu are difficult to compare to the numbers for the coronavirus because we don't have enough info on the coronavirus yet to make similar estimations and the hard numbers may give a very distorted view

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

A good summary of the many failings that led to this point.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...demic-response
    Vox...where all good libertarians go to get their unbiased "news".

They make Hannity look like an undecided!
    I called Guisslapp on that joke uber-liberal site last week.

Guisslapp my man, aren't you totally embarrassed yet?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post

Why would I be? Vox is legit, even though left of center, and contains relatively little fluff relative to the garbage you post here. You should read them more often.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

A good summary of the many failings that led to this point.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...demic-response

Why would I be? Vox is legit, even though left of center, and contains relatively little fluff relative to the garbage you post here. You should read them more often.
    That would be as bad as watching MSNBC.

No, Foxnews and msnbc are equally fluff.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Did you see where that MSNBC anchor asked a pastor to pray on air? I think all the leftists heads promptly exploded. After all, they consider the media to be an arm of the Democratic Party and he violated their errant interpretation of the concept of the separation of church and state.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Did you see where that MSNBC anchor asked a pastor to pray on air? I think all the leftists heads promptly exploded. After all, they consider the media to be an arm of the Democratic Party and he violated their errant interpretation of the concept of the separation of church and state.
    That was just so the lefties could shoot spit balls at their TV screens.

Hey, who shot spit balls in school!?

Why are you bozos watching MSNBC?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn’t, but someone I follow posted it on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I hate I missed that one.

Orleans Parish has passed NYC on a per capita infection basis.

Orleans 1:172
    NYC 1:177

+ Reply to Thread