+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 386 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid - 19

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Covid - 19

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    So accountability doesn’t flow to the top?

What do you think would have happened if Trump said “do everything in your power to make sure these tests get out as quickly as possible to the places they are needed”?

It is obvious that was not his directive.
    He was busy patting himself on the back for his China travel restrictions and declaring that the coronavirus was under control.

This is what happens when you put an incompetent disruptor in the most powerful position in the world. You guys wanted to weaken the government and you are now seeing one of the negative consequences of that.
    sounds like you have never worked anyplace especially government

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

What do you think would have happened if Trump said “do everything in your power to make sure these tests get out as quickly as possible to the places they are needed”?

He was busy patting himself on the back for his China travel restrictions and declaring that the coronavirus was under control.

This is what happens when you put an incompetent disruptor in the most powerful position in the world. You guys wanted to weaken the government and you are now seeing one of the negative consequences of that.
    How do you even know what Trump said?

I see no Trump-related negative consequences yet from this issue. I only see people like you who go to bed thinking about Trump every night. The fact that you keep assigning different boogieman atrocities to him tells me everything I need to know about your state of mind and the reliability of your "information".

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, we have the luxury of armchair quarterbacking this thing to death. We are looking at situations days after they happened and infection numbers that are a week old in some cases. Any one of us that thinks we know what is going on in the moment is blowing smoke up our own skirt.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

That is not my job. That is Trump’s job. The evidence shows he didn’t take it seriously. He thought he beat the virus when he banned travel from China. He is an incompetent post turtle.
    You need to log off the internet and "go to timeout" with your nose in the corner for a few weeks.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    sounds like you have never worked anyplace especially government
    I really think Guisslapp is clueless in Texas. The poor guy needs to check his temp for incase he has the Kung Flu on top of his TDS virus.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Honestly, we have the luxury of armchair quarterbacking this thing to death. We are looking at situations days after they happened and infection numbers that are a week old in some cases. Any one of us that thinks we know what is going on in the moment is blowing smoke up our own skirt.
    Trump and FoxNews were the only people talking like this at the time. The rest of us knew we had a serous issue coming our way.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I am not looking it up. Are we to understand that Trump invented the talking point about this being more like a common cold than a deadly disease? No one else said that before Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I am not looking it up. Are we to understand that Trump invented the talking point about this being more like a common cold than a deadly disease? No one else said that before Trump?
    Sounds like pure liberal taking point and major "armchair quarterbacking" to me if true. But America is liking Trump's response to the Kung Flu.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Gallup: 60 Percent Favor Donald Trump Coronavirus Response
    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post

Big Dog MoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the rough

Trump and FoxNews were the only people talking like this at the time. The rest of us knew we had a serous issue coming our way.
    Serious question. Can you point me back to your first response on this issue? When were you sounding the alarm bells to those close to you.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

4 golfcarts all loaded with kids, 13 by actual count, careening around the corner, swerving out into on-coming traffic. Of course the fact they might get smushed like a bug is not the worst of it. They are jumping between the carts, hugging on each other, sharing drinks! and then congregating at different houses throughout the neighborhood where anywhere from 3 to 5 adults are standing in a group talking. I went for a short bike ride this morning...after almost being run down by one of the carts, I decided 10 miles was enough for now.

Some folks are just not taking this seriously. Well, maybe they just think it is too inconvenient.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoonPieBlue View Post
    Serious question. Can you point me back to your first response on this issue? When were you sounding the alarm bells to those close to you.
    Sure. You can go back to my posts on this thread and the “Coronavirus...Leftist...” threads on February 26, where I started arguing against those here that wanted to downplay it against the flu.

As far as when I started to sound the alarm bells with those close to me... I didn’t need to. We all knew about it. I have colleagues in China and knew how this was impacting their life since the Chinese lunar new year. That is why I started to sound the alarm bell here about the economic costs to small businesses. Again, that comment was made earlier in this thread as well.

At the same time we were discussing the seriousness of this, Trump and State TV were doing their best to downplay it and try to spin it as just another hoax of the left to try to take Trump down.

My colleagues in Shanghai have been working from home since the lunar new year.

Do you know what that sort of disease control would do to small businesses in the US? Many can’t afford to pay salaried employees that long if their businesses are effectively shut down for several weeks.
    I pointed this out on February 26 having access to less information than Trump. Why did it take Trump/Congress a month longer to come up with a solution to address this problem.

Oh yeah, Trump was promoting the idea that the coronavirus was under control.

I pointed this out on February 26 having access to less information than Trump. Why did it take Trump/Congress a month longer to come up with a solution to address this problem.

Oh yeah, Trump was promoting the idea that the coronavirus was under control.
    BUMP

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Here's a great piece with a timeline of China's Coronavirus lies.

The Comprehensive Timeline of China’s COVID-19 Lies

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/opini...ngs/index.html

CNN, but it is a right wing opinion piece. Still I think there are some accurate accounts of how many are looking at this pandemic and Trumps response and offers some insight as to why his numbers might be going up.

I tend to grant some leeway when dealing with these things. I suspect there are plenty more than just me.

+ Reply to Thread