+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 386 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 5777

Thread: Covid - 19

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Covid - 19

Another 6.64 million added to the unemployment rolls in addition to the 3.3 million newly unemployed last week.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Another 6.64 million added to the unemployment rolls in addition to the 3.3 million newly unemployed last week.
    Yippee! great news! So glad so many Americans are suffering so much! Maybe this will help us get rid of that orange clown in the WH! Oh boy!!!

---- says any anti-American piece of shit.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Larrice Anderson...ER nurse at East New Orleans Hospital...died from C-19. She was young, mid 30's, and leaves behind children and other family. Happened to be a friend of my sister, who just retired after being a nurse herself, and then a nurse anesthetist for 35 years. My sister had weekly contact with Ms. Anderson through their duties. Said if there was ever a positive, smiling, caring, giving person it was Larrice Anderson. Her death has shocked the whole community. HUGE loss! Actually, as my sister just told me...Larrice was a friend of everyone!

You know...my sister is one tough cookie. She has seen people die for 35 years. Some of her patients who just couldn't be saved during some kind of surgery. After a while, she said, you accept it as part of the job. You might even grow to be callus. But this affected her. Speaks volumes about the type of person, and nurse, Larrice Anderson was.

And many, many more just like Ms. Anderson are at risk. Including my daughter and my niece in Florida. Pray for 'em all.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Larrice Anderson...ER nurse at East New Orleans Hospital...died from C-19. She was young, mid 30's, and leaves behind children and other family. Happened to be a friend of my sister, who just retired after being a nurse herself, and then a nurse anesthetist for 35 years. My sister had weekly contact with Ms. Anderson through their duties. Said if there was ever a positive, smiling, caring, giving person it was Larrice Anderson. Her death has shocked the whole community. HUGE loss! Actually, as my sister just told me...Larrice was a friend of everyone!

You know...my sister is one tough cookie. She has seen people die for 35 years. Some of her patients who just couldn't be saved during some kind of surgery. After a while, she said, you accept it as part of the job. You might even grow to be callus. But this affected her. Speaks volumes about the type of person, and nurse, Larrice Anderson was.

And many, many more just like Ms. Anderson are at risk. Including my daughter and my niece in Florida. Pray for 'em all.
    Agree.. my daughter is an ICU nurse at Parkland Hospital here in Dallas. She has already had a few positive Covid-19 patients she has provided care for. I worry about her and all medical / first responders right now.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    Agree.. my daughter is an ICU nurse at Parkland Hospital here in Dallas. She has already had a few positive Covid-19 patients she has provided care for. I worry about her and all medical / first responders right now.
    Yep! and my sister just reminded me her step-daughter, my step-niece, is now an RN at ICU Ochner's Hospital...in the very epicenter of this mess. The entire ward is filled with C-19 infected patients. My sister's daughter had been at a small, rural hospital in southern Mississippi until she landed the job at Ochner's...this past November. Talk about walking into a mess!

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

My nephew is a doctor in residence in Alabama who was working with ICU patients who had COVID-19. He now has it and is suffering mild symptoms but he does have the horrible coughs, and occasional high fevers. He did report it isn't something he would wish on folks even with the milder symptoms. He is in his late 20's. His wife is 27 weeks pregnant. He is living in a different part of the house from her. They communicate through a glass door. I'll keep you posted. He will likely be on the front lines after he recovers.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

There are some respirators that exhaust unfiltered the out into the atmosphere, it would be interesting to hear how he thinks he got infected.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    My nephew is a doctor in residence in Alabama who was working with ICU patients who had COVID-19. He now has it and is suffering mild symptoms but he does have the horrible coughs, and occasional high fevers. He did report it isn't something he would wish on folks even with the milder symptoms. He is in his late 20's. His wife is 27 weeks pregnant. He is living in a different part of the house from her. They communicate through a glass door. I'll keep you posted. He will likely be on the front lines after he recovers.
    Prayer for this couple as well as the other hero first responders mention on here!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Looney Dems!

Gov now asks feds for Trump-touted coronavirus drug she had just barred

Michigan Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s administration has requested an emergency supply of the drugs President Trump touted as having success treating patients with severe symptoms of the novel coronavirus, in a reversal from the state's directive to medical professionals last week to avoid the medication for this purpose.

From the Reuters an hour ago:

Why is New Orleans' coronavirus death rate 7 times New York's? Obesity is a factor

by Reuters
    Thursday, 2 April 2020 10:00 GMT

By Brad Brooks

April 2 (Reuters) - The coronavirus has been a far deadlier threat in New Orleans than the rest of the United States, with a per-capita death rate much higher than in New York City. Doctors, public health officials and available
    data say the Big Easy's high levels of obesity and related ailments may be part of the problem.
    "We're just sicker," said Rebekah Gee, who until January was the Health Secretary for Louisiana and now heads up Louisiana State University's healthcare services division. "We already had tremendous healthcare disparities before this pandemic – one can only imagine they are being amplified now."

Along with New York and Seattle, New Orleans has emerged as one of the early U.S. hotspots for the coronavirus, making it a national test case for how to control and treat the disease. Chief among the concerns raised by doctors working in the Louisiana city is the death rate, which is seven times that of New York and ten times that of Seattle, based on publicly reported data.

New Orleans residents suffer from obesity, diabetes and hypertension at rates higher than the national average, conditions that doctors and public health officials say can make patients more vulnerable to COVID-19, the highly contagious respiratory disease caused by the coronavirus.
    Some 97% of those killed by COVID-19 in Louisiana had a preexisting condition, according to the state health department. Diabetes was seen in 40% of the deaths, obesity in 25%, chronic kidney disease in 23% and cardiac problems in 21%.

New Orleans, which so far has reported more than 270 coronavirus deaths, could be a harbinger for the potential toll the pandemic could take in other parts of the South and Midwest that also have high rates of obesity, diabetes, and hypertension.
    A host of other factors could contribute to New Orleans' high death rate for coronavirus, ranging from access to healthcare and hospital quality, to the prevalence of other conditions including lung disease, health officials say.

But they also add that it is clear that obesity-related conditions are playing a role in the deaths. That could be a warning sign for the United States at large, where chronic obesity is more common than in other developed countries, they said.

Hospitals are reporting cases across the generations -mothers and daughters, fathers and sons - being intubated and cared for in the same intensive care units (ICUs), said Tracey Moffatt, the chief nursing officer at Ochsner Health, the largest healthcare provider in Louisiana. The prevalence of obesity, diabetes, hypertension and heart disease in New Orleans and Louisiana plays into that, she said.
    Those family members often suffered from the same medical conditions before becoming sick, leaving them similarly vulnerable to the coronavirus despite their age gaps.
    "We had a case where a mom was already in the ICU and the daughter, who was obese, came in," she said. "The daughter asked staff to wheel her by her mom's room so she could say goodbye before she herself was intubated. We knew the mother was going to pass away."

Both patients suffered from obesity.
    'MORE VULNERABLE'

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released for the first time this week a report showing that 78% of COVID-19 patients in ICUs in the United States had an underlying health condition, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and chronic lung disease.

The CDC report was based on a sample of under 6% of reported coronavirus infections, but doctors in Louisiana said it was consistent with what they are seeing, and it is in line with what other countries like Italy and China have faced.

Those percentages, said Dr. Joseph Kanter, an emergency department doctor and the top public health official in New Orleans, are likely similar in cities across the United States.
    "What we worry about here is that we have more people in our communities with those conditions," he said. "We're more vulnerable than other communities, and the number of deaths we've seen illustrates that."

The New Orleans metropolitan statistical area ranks among the worst in the United States for the percentage of residents with diabetes, high blood pressure, and obesity, a Reuters analysis of CDC data shows. An estimated 39% have high blood pressure, 36% are obese and about 15% have diabetes.
    Nationally, the median is 32% with high blood pressure, 31% obese and 11% with diabetes.
    "The burden of disease in Louisiana and the Deep South is higher than in rest of the country," said Gee. "Invariably that means that the South is going to be hard hit by this." (Reporting by Brad Brooks in Austin, Texas, additional reporting by Ryan McNeill in London; Editing by Scott Malone and Rosalba O'Brien)

https://news.trust.org/item/20200402092110-6rvk1

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

This is promising as it is built on previous corna viruses .

https://upmc.me/2JxzbAn

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    This is promising as it is built on previous corna viruses .

https://upmc.me/2JxzbAn
    I'm sorry, according to the doctrine of Goosey and johnny, no promising information can be posted.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Interactive data visualizations available here:

http://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

And hospitalization data:

http://covid19.healthdata.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    And hospitalization data:

http://covid19.healthdata.org/
    Doesn’t look good for Louisiana.

+ Reply to Thread