+ Reply to Thread
Page 227 of 386 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 5777

Thread: Covid - 19

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Covid - 19

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    COVID Lockdowns Have No Clear Benefit vs Other Voluntary Measures, International Study

quote:

A new study evaluating COVID-19 responses around the world found that mandatory lockdown orders early in the pandemic did not provide significantly more benefits to slowing the spread of the disease than other voluntary measures, such as social distancing or travel reduction.
    quote:

The peer reviewed study, which was conducted by a group of Stanford researchers and published in the Wiley Online Library on January 5, analyzed coronavirus case growth in 10 countries in early 2020.

The study compared cases in England, France, Germany, Iran, Italy, Netherlands, Spain and the U.S. – all countries that implemented mandatory lockdown orders and business closures – to South Korea and Sweden, which implemented less severe, voluntary responses. It aimed to analyze the effect that less restrictive or more restrictive measures had on changing individual behavior and curbing the transmission of the virus.

The researchers used a mathematical model that subtracted "the sum of non-pharmaceutical intervention (NPI) effects and epidemic dynamics in countries that did not enact more restrictive non-pharmaceutical interventions (mrNPIs) from the sum of NPI effects and epidemic dynamics in countries that did."

Newsweek subscription offers >
    Using that model, the researchers determined that there is "no clear, significant beneficial effect of [more restrictive measures] on case growth in any country."

"Implementing any NPIs was associated with significant reductions in case growth in 9 out of 10 study countries, including South Korea and Sweden that implemented only lrNPIs [less restrictive NPIs] (Spain had a non-significant effect). After subtracting the epidemic and lrNPI effects, we find no clear, significant beneficial effect of mrNPIs on case growth in any country," the study said.

"We do not question the role of all public health interventions, or of coordinated communications about the epidemic, but we fail to find an additional benefit of stay-at-home orders and business closures," the research added.

The efficacy of lockdown orders has been a hotly debated topic since the start of the pandemic.
    Interesting, now that Biden is going to be POTUS, everyone is saying that we need to "open things back up".

The strategy that made a difference, where it was used, was testing and forced quarantining. Worked to dramatic effect. We didn’t have the appetite for that.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    The strategy that made a difference, where it was used, was testing and forced quarantining. Worked to dramatic effect. We didn’t have the appetite for that.
    no evidence of your lies.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    no evidence of your lies.
    https://www.movehub.com/blog/best-an...vid-responses/

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Well the government gave them $1800 to live on for the year during quarantine, and them damned Americans still griped about not having a job. You just can’t please some people.

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Well the government gave them $1800 to live on for the year during quarantine, and them damned Americans still griped about not having a job. You just can’t please some people.
    Enhanced unemployment, PPP and eviction moratoriums helped, but we had a POTUS that just let the pandemic drag on and get worse.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

not clicking on your lying link. You still claiming Taiwan as the example for all?

not clicking on your lying link. You still claiming Taiwan as the example for all?
    There are others like Taiwan - New Zealand, Singapore, Vietnam. Countries that focused on identifying cases and stopping further transmission to eliminate the disease.

Reality. It has been here all along.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj...ns-11610737935

Thank god real leadership is coming to the federal government.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Ya know, I HOPE Joe Biden turns out to be a pleasant surprise. I do, I really do. I love America and actually care about Americans, so I want nothing but the best for all of us. And, perhaps, if Biden was left to his own devices and allowed to govern as CEO things would be "okay" for the next four years. I am concerned about the whole immigration issue, but I remind myself it was the Obama/Biden admin that built those "cages" and it was Obama who ordered some draconian deportation policies...said policies ICE refused to carry out at times citing humane concerns. So, maybe, Biden will be himself and the border crisis won't get too bad....maybe.

But, I fear Biden is nothing but a puppet of the extreme Left, or will become such, and many of our worst fears will come to fruition. I know there are factions that will push Biden as far left as they can.

I have credibility+ because I always call a spade, a spade. I have given obummer credit where it is due, and I have acknowledged many times that Bill Clinton enjoyed the best 8-year economic run of any POTUS in history, with Reagan a close 2nd. Those are the facts. Now, I have rightly criticized Clinton for his selling technology to the Chicoms as part of his financing his 1996 campaign. That was pure treason and he, and his operatives, should still be sitting in federal prison because of it. His perjury case was not good, but he was lying over getting a BJ in the Oval Office. Most men would lie about something like that...BUT! the economy was humming in the 1990's and I made a frickin' fortune because of it. I can appreciate that.

Anyway, I HOPE America and Americans do well under the Biden administration. I honestly do.

There are others like Taiwan - New Zealand, Singapore, Vietnam. Countries that focused on identifying cases and stopping further transmission to eliminate the disease.

Reality. It has been here all along.
    Reality is that you are spreading more lies.

He has never been a leader. Just a taker. Strange figure of speech you are using.

Reality is that you are spreading more lies.

Those are facts. What about them is lies? The tools these countries used to deal with the pandemic? Their COVID data?

Four years of Biden is just what the doctor ordered to help you with that TDS.

Those are facts. What about them is lies? The tools these countries used to deal with the pandemic? Their COVID data?
    You've been saying that, but you have zero specifics that can't be proven NOT to work here.

Biden says "...gonna manage the hell out of it."

And all the haters said Trump was crude. BTW, "manage the hell out of it" means more restrictions.

Also, " ...100,000,000 vaccines in 100 days."

Can't happen, but I'm sure it will be reported to have happened. It will be a nice April 1st story.

Well, Trump is meeting with the My Pillow guy about re-arranging the CIA rather than working on vaccine rollout issues.

Trump has always been a clown.

Well, Trump is meeting with the My Pillow guy about re-arranging the CIA rather than working on vaccine rollout issues.

Trump has always been a clown.
    What part of "it's the states screwing up" do you not understand? If bad orange man had tried to used the military to distribute the shots (which is what he wanted to do), you'd be raising hell about that.

100,000,000 in 100 days is clown talk

+ Reply to Thread