+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 386 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid - 19

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: Covid - 19

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Oh how crazy is this WAPO liberal opinion reporter?

…WAPO RUBIN SHOCK: MORE REPUBLICANS WILL DIE THAN DEMOCRATS!…

JEFF POOR
    Crazy enough to get you to re-share his material.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Man you have TDS bad today.
    I've never observed Giuss to exhibit Trump Divinity Syndrome.

Some of yall, though ...

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Those dregs of the world are human beings, made in their Creator's image.

Honest question ... no snark. How does your position regarding the "dregs of the world" square with your advocacy for the unborn?

How is it that humans not yet born possess all the inalienable rights of personhood, yet those born in the wrong location become dregs?
    ”Red and yellow, black or white they are precious in his sight.....” Makes you wonder how some reconcile their beliefs doesn’t it?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Those dregs of the world are human beings, made in their Creator's image.

Honest question ... no snark. How does your position regarding the "dregs of the world" square with your advocacy for the unborn?

How is it that humans not yet born possess all the inalienable rights of personhood, yet those born in the wrong location become dregs?
    Based on your need to even ask the question I assume you are one of those "globalists," no borders at all, anywhere. I believe nations have a right to protect their borders. Of course what we're talking about is mostly illegals, but even in cases like a pandemic, again, legal immigration must be controlled. "Dregs" are those from Third World countries, communist countries, and such as those. They need to stay home and clean up their own countries. Even before this crisis, we were seeing upticks in horrible diseases we had eradicated in the US. Dregs from backward countries bringing in all kinds of nasty bugs.

In better times I support LEGAL immigration. We are a nation of immigrants. In times like this we have to take steps to curtail/control even legal immigration.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Okay, so President Trump...and the Secret Service contingent and a group of his advisors, exposed to some folks with Covid-19, have all tested negative. How is that possible? We are being told, by the panic mongers, ANY exposure, of ANY kind, will get you infected. Yet, nothing... Just asking, how come no one, not a single person exposed, became infected?

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I’m sure Trump had it but he must have passed it off to someone else by shaking hands with them. That’s the only explanation for him shaking hands when he knows he shouldn’t be.

Have to admit I'm getting a kick out of some these conspiracy theories. Was at one of my jobs yesterday and co-workers were engaged in sharing "stories." One says it all started with a Chinese exchange student, a grad student, working an internship at a Canadian research lab working on flu vaccines. She, the co-worker, claimed to have seen something about it "on the Internet..." I asked if it was Facebook, and she said no, it was linked to a news story on Yahoo or the MSNBC site, she couldn't remember which. I told her to continue, because had she seen the link on FB I would have shut her down on the spot! Anyway, to think a student carried something back to Wuhan China and that is the origin of Covid-19 is quite a stretch...even for you conspiracy wonks!

Actually, the "corona virus" is nothing new. This is just the latest version of the virus as it mutates. And, I still think it's much ado about nothing. YES! it is a contagious virus, like any flu version, and YES we should all take ordinary precautions. But it still has come nowhere near infecting and KILLING as many people as our normal, run-of-the-mill flu outbreaks. And, let me remind you, we are told Covid-19 by its nature is supposedly 10X more infectious than the normal flu virus is. Unlike a few on here, I hope it proves to be "much ado about nothing." Beats the alternative....

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I’m sure Trump had it but he must have passed it off to someone else by shaking hands with them. That’s the only explanation for him shaking hands when he knows he shouldn’t be.
    They all drank a glass of Emer-Gen-C that morning.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Market is tanking again and the Fed is out of levers to pull. Here's hoping everyone will adhere to the CDC recommendations and we can flatten the curve of this thing. We have way too few ICU beds in this part of the state.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Market is tanking again and the Fed is out of levers to pull. Here's hoping everyone will adhere to the CDC recommendations and we can flatten the curve of this thing. We have way too few ICU beds in this part of the state.
    A 2 month economic shutdown was probably always in the cards. If we want this recession to be mitigated and short-lived, we need the government leadership to solve this 2 month cash flow gap. Otherwise, we are going to suffer a lot of unnecessary economic pain. This isn’t a classic business model failure type recession - this just deals with the fact that most businesses are not robust to this kind of black swan event.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Based on your need to even ask the question I assume you are one of those "globalists," no borders at all, anywhere. I believe nations have a right to protect their borders. Of course what we're talking about is mostly illegals, but even in cases like a pandemic, again, legal immigration must be controlled. "Dregs" are those from Third World countries, communist countries, and such as those. They need to stay home and clean up their own countries. Even before this crisis, we were seeing upticks in horrible diseases we had eradicated in the US. Dregs from backward countries bringing in all kinds of nasty bugs.

In better times I support LEGAL immigration. We are a nation of immigrants. In times like this we have to take steps to curtail/control even legal immigration.
    Not the question. Every so often, I try earnestly to have a serious conversation on here. This is one of those times. I'm trying to understand your position.

Unless I have you mixed up with some other poster, I recall you have often advocated in this forum for the rights of the unborn, consistent with your Catholic faith. I admire that. I respect it.

So how is all human life precious prior to birth, but dregs afterwards, depending on location? At what point does a human child become a dreg if they're in the wrong country? Birth? Adolescence?

Not the question. Every so often, I try earnestly to have a serious conversation on here. This is one of those times. I'm trying to understand your position.

Unless I have you mixed up with some other poster, I recall you have often advocated in this forum for the rights of the unborn, consistent with your Catholic faith. I admire that. I respect it.

So how is all human life precious prior to birth, but dregs afterwards, depending on location? At what point does a human child become a dreg if they're in the wrong country? Birth? Adolescence?
    At some point, as "adults" people are charged with taking caring of themselves. The unborn are totally helpless and cannot be equated to someone who is their 20's, 30's, 40's and suddenly says, hey! I will sneak across the border between Mexico and the US and force US taxpayers to make amends for my own failings.

I support, to a point, targeted foreign aid to help peoples in "dreg" nations to be able to lift themselves up by their own boot straps. The US and other western powers do that now. But, we have those in this country, and in our allies', who fight real efforts at reforms because they do NOT want to see these "dreg" nations actually become successfully independent. I am tired of it. I am tired of seeing $billions of taxpayer money thrown into these bottomless pits when those there, who would benefit the most, won't hardly lift a finger on their own behalf. At some point the "good people" trapped in these sorry-azz countries need to step up and take control of their situation. Of course, if we try to assist such an endeavor, you libs will scream "nation building!!!" and make it stop. So, personally I am done...cut off ALL foreign aid unless there is a DIRECT link to our national security. And, use that money to build a 40' tall concrete barrier with motion-detector machineguns on it and worry about ourselves.

As for abortion, I am done there too. It is wrong because God says it is. That is good enough for me. If you and others choose to support the wanton slaughter of babies, go for it! It's not Dawg80 who will be judging you some day.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

As for abortion, I am done there too. It is wrong because God says it is. That is good enough for me. If you and others choose to support the wanton slaughter of babies, go for it! It's not Dawg80 who will be judging you some day.
    We were talking about this in church a couple of weeks ago. Does God say that abortion is wrong? Since he can choose to make a woman barren or take a baby away before it is born, some say yes. I say no, based on the Israelite captivity in Babylon. While in Babylon, the Israelites saw that even that heathen nation wasn’t conducting infant sacrifice as they themselves had begun taking part in. God showed them that even the most evil of the world do not sacrifice babies, especially not for their own personal “benefit”.

If you and others choose to support the wanton slaughter of babies, go for it!
    I do not. I share your position on abortion. I was just trying to better understand it, given your statement on "dregs of the world".

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    the unborn are totally helpless and cannot be equated to someone who is their 20's, 30's, 40's
    So, to clarify -- a human born in a poor country becomes a "dreg" upon attaining adulthood. Is that correct? Or is it just when an adult attempts to cross a border without a permission that he or she becomes a "dreg"?

Sorry for straying from the thread topic. For context, "dregs of the world" came up earlier in the thread as part of the discussion on the relationship between disease (specifically covid/corona) and immigration (specifically, illegal, from poor to rich countries). I hope to circle this back around to the disease discussion.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

I do not. I share your position on abortion. I was just trying to better understand it, given your statement on "dregs of the world".

So, to clarify -- a human born in a poor country becomes a "dreg" upon attaining adulthood. Is that correct? Or is it just when an adult attempts to cross a border without a permission that he or she becomes a "dreg"?

Sorry for straying from the thread topic. For context, "dregs of the world" came up earlier in the thread as part of the discussion on the relationship between disease (specifically covid/corona) and immigration (specifically, illegal, from poor to rich countries). I hope to circle this back around to the disease discussion.
    There are US citizen "dregs" as well, so being a dreg has nothing to do with country of origin. We have plenty of those here that need to be saved without taking on the burden of the world.

Or, perhaps you'd like to sponsor an MS13 gang family there in your home. They are just humans, no different than you and me, right? Come on, you can project your virtue even better if you take on a couple of those families.

How about a nice Hamas family? I bet some of those are really suffering. Then you'll really be a real Christian. Hopefully you have kids they can instruct in their misunderstood ways.

Heck, white supremicists are children of God, too. Maybe you can have some of those living there with you as well. You can bring home the bacon (not sure the Hamas family will appreciate that, however) and make sure they are free to just be themselves.

Or, perhaps you'd like to know who comes into your house, and to be certain they do not want to kill you, and perhaps you'd like them to contribute to the household costs. Maybe you see that someone steeped in the philosophy of MS13, white supremacy or Hamas might not mesh well in your household. Perhaps you'd like to run a background check and understand the motives of the person you will be sharing a home with.

My apologies if you happen to be a MS13 white supremacist that belongs to Hamas. My intention was not to be critical of your beliefs.

+ Reply to Thread