+ Reply to Thread
Page 146 of 386 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 5777

Thread: Covid - 19

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Covid - 19

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Why is it the responsibility of a healthy person to wear a mask in order to "protect" an unhealthy person they may not come into contact with who can protect themselves by staying at home? I get it...it's not really about protection, but the appearance of being protective.
    You can spread the disease even if you think you are healthy.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Why is it the responsibility of a healthy person to wear a mask in order to "protect" an unhealthy person they may not come into contact with who can protect themselves by staying at home? I get it...it's not really about protection, but the appearance of being protective.
    All omniscient healthy people should freely go without masks. Those who are not omniscient are wearing them because they may be pre-symptomatic. I wear it because the Bible is pretty clear about caring for the "least of these".

Seems an awfully small sacrifice frankly...yet, the anti-maskers are strutting around like Paul Revere! It's certainly comedic.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    All omniscient healthy people should freely go without masks. Those who are not omniscient are wearing them because they may be pre-symptomatic. I wear it because the Bible is pretty clear about caring for the "least of these".

Seems an awfully small sacrifice frankly...yet, the anti-maskers are strutting around like Paul Revere! It's certainly comedic.
    So the unhealthy are not responsible for looking after themselves. Got it.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

So the unhealthy are not responsible for looking after themselves. Got it.
    You’re only responsible for yourself. There will always be those who don’t do what they should...that doesn’t justify joining them.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Latest analysis shows patients treated with HCQ or CQ are more likely to die than the control group.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...180-6/fulltext

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    No I wasn’t. I was looking at the 7 day moving average for hospitalizations.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cli...outputType=amp
    This thing is over. Except for the over 70+ crowd, it's over. Oh darn....you'll have to go back to work now. LOL!!!

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/h...9-b89895482e87

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Latest analysis shows patients treated with HCQ or CQ are more likely to die than the control group.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...180-6/fulltext
    98% of everyone who gets Coronavirus LIVES! Go back to work!

No...you wear a mask because you're ugly as hell, and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    No...you wear a mask because you're ugly as hell, and you know it.
    Two birds, one stone!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Two birds, one stone!
    It's just true, Johnny. And you now it. Wearing a mask is the greatest thing you could do for you fellow man, and it has nothing to do with Coronavirus.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

When all of this settles down I hope we will see the real, accurate numbers of this virus outbreak. I hope the politics will be removed and someone will present an accurate accounting of the infections and the deaths directly related to C-19.

For lack of a better term, I want to know how many "regular" people were adversely affected. By "regular" I mean those without pre-existing conditions of age and health issues. It appears that about 50% of all the deaths across the nation are occuring in nursing homes. And then there's another significant % of deaths connected to an array of health issues. I don't know what that % is, but based on anecdotal evidence it is significant. The very first C-19 death in Louisiana (confirmed) happened to be the uncle of a close friend/business associate. She tells me her uncle was 54 and had long suffered with a variety of health issues, was a heavy smoker & drinker, and generally did not take care of himself. He happens to also be African American, and 55% of all deaths in the state have been black. He lived in New Orleans and was the type of person who would enjoy Mardi Gras and other social gatherings, so perhaps that contributed to his contracting the virus and it ultimately contributing to his death. I think he is typical of a lot of the deaths related to the virus.

So, back to my question, how many "regular" people have died from C-19? Generally healthy, generally live a healthy lifestyle (at least not a damaging one), and have no other issues that would put them at risk. As I mentioned, my former football player friend, now 40 (he just had a b'day), suffers from advanced diabetes and he got slammed hard by the virus, nearly died. He is also proof of miracles! Yep, he was left for dead until his silly doctor administered HCQ, and wow! 72 hours later he was discharged from the hospital and is doing well to this day. I have mentioned to him Goosey says he is actually dead, just doesn't know it. Who is the Goosey person, he asked me, I would like to explain things to him. Yo! Goosey, my friend works a lot in Texas, he owns an oilfield service company, he can come by and explain things to you. Just need your address...

I'll venture a guess that a very, very small % of regular people died from this virus and that among that group the % is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay less than the regular flu. Until I see documented, reliable numbers, I will continue to hold onto that position.

Your definition of “regular” would exclude around 40 percent of the adult population of Louisiana that has hypertension.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Your definition of “regular” would exclude around 40 percent of the adult population of Louisiana that has hypertension.
    Maybe. Well, I suppose if hypertension is a definite contributing factor to deaths caused by the C-19 virus, then that has to be considered. But, I don't see how it makes someone more prone to death by a virus. No, I am not a doctor, so I base this strictly on a layman's understanding of this health issue. C-19 is said to be dangerous because it attacks the respiratory system and those with health issues already hampering their lungs and the like would be particularly susceptible to this virus. But then the regular flu often leads to pneumonia, which is the real cause of death for many infected by a flu virus.

Hypertension makes one more likely to suffer a stroke or a heart attack. I have not seen any mention at all of so-called "C-19 deaths" linked to strokes or heart attacks. And, if there are, then I say those are just more wrongly linked causes of death. The C-19 virus did not kill those people...their pre-existing hypertension did.

Nope, this doesn't contribute to the discussion of "regular" people dying from this virus.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I don't know any regular person who has died from coronas.

You knew Frank; he died from coronas.

Yeah, but he wasn't a REGULAR person.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Single greatest Covid mask yet.

Lady at WalMart had cut a cup off of one of her braziers to make a mask. Still had the straps hanging from it. She strung a runner band through it to go around her head.

+ Reply to Thread