+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 386 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 5777

Thread: Covid - 19

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Re: Covid - 19

What's the hospitalization rate...that's all that matters?
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

For all you mask-hating Texans, Abbott has finally broken and I hope you guys get on board, too, so we don’t have to shut things down again. Tell your friends.

“These are just some of the steps Texas will take to contain the rise in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations,” Abbott said in a written statement. “I urge all Texans to do everything in their power to reduce the transmission of the coronavirus by wearing a face mask, washing their hands often and staying six feet apart from others.”

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Would death rate tell you how we are doing and covid hospitalizations tell us how the hospitals are doing ?
    I’ve seen the hospital rate that included everyone and not just covid , that’s why I said covid hospitalizations .

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    Would death rate tell you how we are doing and covid hospitalizations tell us how the hospitals are doing ?
    I’ve seen the hospital rate that included everyone and not just covid , that’s why I said covid hospitalizations .
    Hospitalizations tells you how we are doing at slowing the spread since it is independent of testing. The hospitalizations I have been reporting for Texas are COVID hospitalizations.

“Daily new cases” has to be viewed in combination with positivity rate to understand the effect of increased testing on the case count. Hospitalizations is just an easier metric to arrive at the same understanding of the spread since you don’t have to account for the expansion of testing.

Death rate tells you lethal COVID is and the quality of treatments we have for it. That number is still over 5 percent for the US.

Here is a cool site that is calculating the Rt for each state in real time.

https://rt.live/

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Here is a cool site that is calculating the Rt for each state in real time.

https://rt.live/
    Don't think I'd use the adjective "cool" to describe it...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Don't think I'd use the adjective "cool" to describe it...
    You would if the most important thing in your life was defeating bad orange man

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

How does model account for increased testing finding existing cases and not new infections. Does this include antibodies testing positives?

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    How does model account for increased testing finding existing cases and not new infections. Does this include antibodies testing positives?
    From the FAQ:

What is the difference between "postives" and "test-adjusted positives"? Why don't the lines match up when I "show cases"?
    Our model attempts to correct for testing volume. The dotted black line shows actual new cases reported, the blue line shows what the model believes actual cases would have been if you correct for testing volume. If today you tested 100 people and 10 came back positive and tomorrow you tested 500 people, you might assume you'd get 5x the number of postives back (all things being equal).
    For instance, California shows a marked increase in cases over most of June, but the blue test-adjusted curve doesn't react nearly as much. This is because testing volume has ramped significantly in California in the same time period. If there are more tests, there will be more positives. The model works off the blue test-adjusted curve rather than the black dotted curve. Doing so ensures that we're looking at the 'true' trend in cases. That being said, tests are not a random sample of the population and therefore it's possible (and likely) that the selection of this group changes over time to include many more people who are not symptomatic and who are simply getting a test as a precaution. This means that if anything, the blue curve may be understating the true infections going forward. Please keep this in mind when drawing conclusions.
    https://rt.live/faq

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

What happened to all the vaccine talk? The first month or two, there was almost hourly updates of companies working on them. Now I hear nothing about them.

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    What happened to all the vaccine talk? The first month or two, there was almost hourly updates of companies working on them. Now I hear nothing about them.
    They are in trials.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Three companies, or maybe it's two companies and Oxford Univ, seem to have the inside track to a vaccine. Best guesses are saying end of the year, maybe Jan, 2021.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

CDC guy Robert Redfield is now saying that over 20 million could be or have been infected in the US.

The good news is that this means the death rate is only .5% which is the lowest in the world.

...Guisslapp's head exploding.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    CDC guy Robert Redfield is now saying that over 20 million could be or have been infected in the US.

The good news is that this means the death rate is only .5% which is the lowest in the world.

I have been exposed to those with it on several occasions I know of, and countless times I don't know of. As I have a history of getting the flu and getting fairly sick from it, like 103F fever type sick! the fact I feel 101% fine tells me either I have finally developed an immune system to such viruses or it is a weak-ass virus where millions have it but have no symptoms.

There has been scientific evidence that shows the virus will not produce adverse effects in many (most?) people. Kids seem to continue to be immune from its effects. Young, healthy people also seem to not be bothered by it. The concentration of deaths remains with the elderly and those with poor health conditions. If many millions do have it then we should be approaching the "herd immunity" plateau.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post

Unless every other country started counting their asymptomatic cases too.

Or it shows that for some reason, the US with the lowest death rate and highest deaths did an epicly horrible job controlling transmission.

+ Reply to Thread