+ Reply to Thread
Page 229 of 386 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 5777

Thread: Covid - 19

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Covid - 19

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Wearing a mask is a precondition for the other two, wouldn’t you agree?

You are quite entrenched in you anti-mask (and other Trumpian views). It is okay to admit you are wrong and move on. You may find it liberating.

Many people have trashed their lives, livelihoods, and relationships by their commitment to believing things that just aren’t true because they can’t accept that they were so wrong before. I don’t want that for anyone.
    Wearing a mask properly is a precaution.

I was not "entrenched" in the anti-mask thing. I remain upset that the mask nazis refuse to put the other stipulations in the requirements...wear a real mask, wear it properly, and distance. I was never wrong. I continue to mask and I will until I am able to take the shot(s).

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Wearing a mask properly is a precaution.

I was not "entrenched" in the anti-mask thing. I remain upset that the mask nazis refuse to put the other stipulations in the requirements...wear a real mask, wear it properly, and distance. I was never wrong. I continue to mask and I will until I am able to take the shot(s).
    Glad to hear that.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Do seatbelts save lives? I don't personally know...have never tested the theory. I do know, when I read about or see on the news accidents sometimes they say the occupants were not wearing seatbelts, were thrown from the vehicle and were killed because of it. I also know that first-responders often unhook seatbelts to remove dead bodies....so...???

Does wearing masks save lives? I don't know...have never tested the theory.

I do know, in both cases, it is no big deal to wear the PPEs. Neither seatbelts nor masks really bother me. I do have one set of masks that are very thick and heavy and I can only wear them for short stints. Find it hard to breathe thru them. But, other than that, no biggie. Actually, on very cold days when I am out in it, the heavier masks provide warmth.

Look...I have encountered folks who are anal about masks and it can get aggravating. They express irrational fear and place way too much faith in the little pieces of cloth. It is not a space suit, so that virus can still find its way into you if it really wants to. But, what the heck! I just humor those kind of people and wear my mask....and then get away from them ASAP.

But, yeah, there is a political element to this as well. Already we are seeing Dem politicians, like guvnar Coma, making statements about relaxing lockdown restrictions, etc...yep, the damage is done to the economy, bad Orange Man is gone...so who needs all those restrictions?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Wearing a mask is a precondition for the other two, wouldn’t you agree?

You are quite entrenched in you anti-mask (and other Trumpian views). It is okay to admit you are wrong and move on. You may find it liberating.

Many people have trashed their lives, livelihoods, and relationships by their commitment to believing things that just aren’t true because they can’t accept that they were so wrong before. I don’t want that for anyone.
    Look in the mirror.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Try wearing a seatbelt without it being buckled. Note the reaction when you have a sudden stop behind the person who forgot to put in the blinker fluid. You go forward and seatbelt snaps back into place.

BTW, most of my "Trumpian views" were held by me long before I voted for the first RINO Bush.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Look in the mirror.
    I’m always re-examining my positions and I tell you guys when I am wrong.

Try wearing a seatbelt without it being buckled. Note the reaction when you have a sudden stop behind the person who forgot to put in the blinker fluid. You go forward and seatbelt snaps back into place.
    What gets missed in all of this is the point that even wearing a mask improperly is better than not wearing one at all.

The reason for this has to do with shared social compliance. It is much easier to get people to wear masks when it becomes the expected norm than when only some people are doing it (especially when it is being viewed as a political statement).

“Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.”

“Baby steps”

Lots of conventional wisdom applies here.

What gets missed in all of this is the point that even wearing a mask improperly is better than not wearing one at all..
    Oh, you mean like when people wear it with their nose sticking out? Tell me how science explains your theory...

Good grief. I predicted you people (leftist) would start defending people who wore masks improperly at some point. Now you are doing it.

Oh, you mean like when people wear it with their nose sticking out? Tell me how science explains your theory...

Good grief. I predicted you people (leftist) would start defending people who wore masks improperly at some point. Now you are doing it.
    I just told you in the next paragraph you didn’t quote. “The reason for this..”

At least you know this part is true, so I guess you get my point.

I just told you in the next paragraph you didn’t quote. “The reason for this..”

At least you know this part is true, so I guess you get my point.
    Sorry, I didn't realize you were admitting that making a political statement was important to "the cause".

Based on this, you will never stop wearing a mask in public. Correct?

Sorry, I didn't realize you were admitting that making a political statement was important to "the cause".

Based on this, you will never stop wearing a mask in public. Correct?
    It is not a political statement, beyond a statement that we are all in this together.

I will stop wearing it when it is right to do so. And that isn’t after I have been vaccinated, because we still don’t know if we can transmit it then even if we don’t get the symptoms of the disease. I wear the mask just as much for my community as I do to protect myself.

It is not a political statement, beyond a statement that we are all in this together.

I will stop wearing it when it is right to do so. And that isn’t after I have been vaccinated, because we still don’t know if we can transmit it then even if we don’t get the symptoms of the disease. I wear the mask just as much for my community as I do to protect myself.
    Congratulations. You are a fine sheep.

Congratulations. You are a fine sheep.
    I just care about people other than myself.

I just care about people other than myself.
    Ya mean like the unborn?

+ Reply to Thread