+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 386 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid - 19

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Covid - 19

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Not everything is about politics.
    Right. You've done a 180 in this thread. From doomsday to this. It was all Trumps fault to "not everything is about politics".

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Ya mean like Biden was kind of in charge, behind obummer in 2009, when they did nothing to stem the Swine Flu pandemic and 18,036 Americans died! That kind of "in charge"? That lasted from April, 2009 until August, 2010. But, oh, of course! it was all Trump's fault! (probably were still blaming Bush for their own failings, actually)
    I don’t know where you get your false information (Facebook, I assume), but you have inflated the US deaths from H1N1 by at least 50 percent.

As far as the US (and world) response, here is the timeline.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-timeline.html

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Right. You've done a 180 in this thread. From doomsday to this. It was all Trumps fault to "not everything is about politics".
    You sound like you are afflicted with TDS. Where did I blame this on Trump?

Trump may have only hurt our ability to respond to these sorts of things by getting rid of our pandemic response team and by misleading people about the inevitability of US communities being infected. But I don’t know how that could have changed the course of how things have gone so far (unless the pandemic response team could have more quickly engaged China to SLOW the spread and potentially identify people who had travelled from China in the relevant time period quickly enough to isolate and test them). Maybe it would have made no difference.

Communities that are affected by outbreaks of C19 are responding aggressively to isolate actual and suspected carriers of the virus. People are working remote, schools are closing, conferences are being cancelled. All of these steps will help reduce the spread of this disease.

FB and MSFT are asking people to work from home. Some schools in the area are being closed for 2 weeks.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I don’t know where you get your false information (Facebook, I assume), but you have inflated the US deaths from H1N1 by at least 50 percent.

As far as the US (and world) response, here is the timeline.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-timeline.html
    I just Googled "Swine Flu break out 2009" and several websites popped up with numbers close to the 18K. As for that number, I admit, I thought it sounded high because I don't remember much panic from back then. Of course the lamestream media would have been covering it up to protect obummer who fumbled the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I just Googled "Swine Flu break out 2009" and several websites popped up with numbers close to the 18K. As for that number, I admit, I thought it sounded high because I don't remember much panic from back then. Of course the lamestream media would have been covering it up to protect obummer who fumbled the ball.
    That was worldwide. Not just Americans. But it is hard to argue that the administration did anything wrong in its response.

We have some C19 positive cases in the Houston area now.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Just came back from a short work trip. SHV to ATL to PHL, and took an Amtrak to DC. I was surprised with how little is being done in airports and other public transit to help. I would've thought there would at least be some banks of hand sanitizer set up. It seemed to be business as usual.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

The media and some others have blown this way out of proportion, according to several of my doctor friends. One said think of it as the Hong Kong flu that was supposed to make us all sick in the late 70's...except this time maybe more people will catch it.

It's a new virus...a novel virus...we have limited resistance to it...and that's what makes it scarier than it should be.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

It is very dangerous for you boomers. Did you see what it did for that skilled nursing facility in Kirkland, WA? Brutal death rate there.

The isolation and social distancing efforts being made in areas of outbreak may make the total infection/death counts lower than other epidemics. But if that happens, it will only be BECAUSE people take the steps that you guys are calling an over-reaction.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

It is very dangerous for you boomers. Did you see what it did for that skilled nursing facility in Kirkland, WA? Brutal death rate there.

The isolation and social distancing efforts being made in areas of outbreak may make the total infection/death counts lower than other epidemics. But if that happens, it will only be BECAUSE people take the steps that you guys are calling an over-reaction.
    Apparently you don’t know what a skilled nursing facility does. You know those people are/were already very sick right?Nothing says they were boomers

A little over a week since the first US diagnosis and we are at 442 known cases with only about 2000 tests administered. Our major business and transportation hubs are some of the earliest spots of noted outbreaks.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Apparently you don’t know what a skilled nursing facility does. You know those people are/were already very sick right?Nothing says they were boomers
    Actually, they are reporting the ages, that is how I know they are boomers.

We know most have “underlying” health conditions, but it is non-specific for obvious privacy reasons.

Actually, they are reporting the ages, that is how I know they are boomers.

We know most have “underlying” health conditions, but it is non-specific for obvious privacy reasons.
    You never miss a chance to throw shade on boomers. They are a huge demographic in a small setting of sick people. Which propaganda rag gave you this brilliant deduction?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

+ Reply to Thread