+ Reply to Thread
Page 143 of 386 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 5777

Thread: Covid - 19

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Re: Covid - 19

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Here is a tip for you boomers:

People will put stuff on social media that appeals to your tribal instincts while making a crazy claim.

This should sound an automatic alarm. It is a red flag. You should ask yourself “What is this person’s agenda?” “What facts might they have left out that would contradict the impression they want me to make?”

You can then do some basic Google diligence and find out what’s really up. Usually, you will find out there is way more to the story and things aren’t nearly as crazy as the person making the video was making it out to seem.

The more you know.
    The more you post, the more I am certain you are a narcissist. Hopefully age will remedy that somewhat.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...b7a_story.html

Houston we have a problem.. not enough people to test.. This is crazy.. one thing that they didn't even consider, is the possibility of people not having COVID-19. Also, really a test is meaningless if you don't have any symptoms. I could test negative, and within hours be exposed and contract the virus.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...b7a_story.html

Houston we have a problem.. not enough people to test.. This is crazy.. one thing that they didn't even consider, is the possibility of people not having COVID-19. Also, really a test is meaningless if you don't have any symptoms. I could test negative, and within hours be exposed and contract the virus.
    Wonder if people know where these tests are and that they can go there.

Because you don’t seem to understand how testing is supposed to be used in this phase...

People that SHOULD get tested really fall into one of these buckets:

1. You are symptomatic (and quarantining until you get your results).

2. You are asymptomatic but have been exposed (and you are quarantining until you get your results).

3. You are asymptomatic but could transmit the disease to someone in your house or under your care that is at high risk for complications if they get the disease. You are testing regularly.

The second bucket is really the key to keeping the R0 below 1. When someone tests positive, you need to figure out who else has been exposed and they need to immediately quarantine and test. If they test positive, repeat the exercise for those that they could have given it to.

This is how we reopen.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    The more you post, the more I am certain you are a narcissist. Hopefully age will remedy that somewhat.
    Just returning volley the same banter that is served.

For all of the negatives of aging, it has improved my humanity.

Moderna phase 1 vaccine trial looks promising.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Wonder if people know where these tests are and that they can go there.

Because you don’t seem to understand how testing is supposed to be used in this phase...

People that SHOULD get tested really fall into one of these buckets:

1. You are symptomatic (and quarantining until you get your results).

2. You are asymptomatic but have been exposed (and you are quarantining until you get your results).

3. You are asymptomatic but could transmit the disease to someone in your house or under your care that is at high risk for complications if they get the disease. You are testing regularly.

The second bucket is really the key to keeping the R0 below 1. When someone tests positive, you need to figure out who else has been exposed and they need to immediately quarantine and test. If they test positive, repeat the exercise for those that they could have given it to.

This is how we reopen.

I don't think I should be tested because I don't feel bad in any way. I go to the grocery store when we need to buy groceries, my wife and I have been to restaurants a couple of times in last couple of weeks, my daughter who lives with us, is an ICU nurse and has treated COVID-19 patients. She no longer is treating them as the numbers are falling and they are consolidating the wings of the hospital to treat Covid-19 patients. Problem is how do you know if you have been exposed?

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    I don't think I should be tested because I don't feel bad in any way. I go to the grocery store when we need to buy groceries, my wife and I have been to restaurants a couple of times in last couple of weeks, my daughter who lives with us, is an ICU nurse and has treated COVID-19 patients. She no longer is treating them as the numbers are falling and they are consolidating the wings of the hospital to treat Covid-19 patients. Problem is how do you know if you have been exposed?
    Contact tracing.

Unless you are using a contact tracing app, you won’t necessarily know that you were exposed out in public. But the main way this is being addressed is in the workplace - someone tests positive at work, and then you figure out who else they could have exposed to the disease. You then ask them to quarantine and test. Repeat.

Some (a small number of businesses) are also doing this for customers. For example, a restaurant takes down your phone number and if someone was working the shift you were there or a customer (that was there when you were) reports to the restaurant that they found out they were infected, the restaurant lets you know that you were exposed. You can then follow the same process - quarantine and test.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

I am just curious. All of the guidance from people who do this for a living NOW say that when you go into public that you should wear a mask, not for your sake but for the sake of others.
    I read an article this morning where a business owner estimates that about 15% of patrons come in wearing masks. I noticed the same yesterday when I was trying to buy shoes for my son.

Since I am certain that we have some people here who don't wear masks in public, I simply want to know what your reasons are.

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    I am just curious. All of the guidance from people who do this for a living NOW say that when you go into public that you should wear a mask, not for your sake but for the sake of others.
    I read an article this morning where a business owner estimates that about 15% of patrons come in wearing masks. I noticed the same yesterday when I was trying to buy shoes for my son.

Since I am certain that we have some people here who don't wear masks in public, I simply want to know what your reasons are.
    I wear it for others and so others will wear masks for me.

The problem is that we have to get somewhere between 60-80 percent of the people in the community to wear masks to really make much of a difference in suppressing the overall spread.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

I wear it for others and so others will wear masks for me.

The problem is that we have to get somewhere between 60-80 percent of the people in the community to wear masks to really make much of a difference in suppressing the overall spread.
    Bah .. that stinks. My coworkers are wearing them but I am not leaving my office unless I have to. I have Teams. It works. I have three people in my house who are high risk (all asthma). For the most part, I think I am going to return to only going to the grocery store. I just don't trust the people around me to actually wear masks. They simply aren't doing it.

We will know in a few weeks. I can limit my movement until then.

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    Bah .. that stinks. My coworkers are wearing them but I am not leaving my office unless I have to. I have Teams. It works. I have three people in my house who are high risk (all asthma). For the most part, I think I am going to return to only going to the grocery store. I just don't trust the people around me to actually wear masks. They simply aren't doing it.

We will know in a few weeks. I can limit my movement until then.
    This isn’t a few week deal. We will likely be living like this for a while.

Your biggest risks are around larger groups where people are doing a lot of talking. Avoid those, especially if people aren’t wearing masks.

If you really need to protect yourself, you can use N95 and lots of hand hygiene.

I saw some recent info that indicates the asthma may actually not be a big risk factor, but I would be still careful if it were my loved ones.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti.../covid19/86323

Yeah, I know it isn't going to be a few week deal. The few weeks thing I was referring to was whether this Phase I rush to get out in public and act like nothing happened results in a spike of cases. Since I think there is a chance it will, I'd rather let everyone else be part of that. My needs, other than groceries, can wait.

I have read the same about asthma. My brother lost his long time girlfriend to an asthma attack in her 40's. I know it can kill by itself. I have one who was hospitalized as a young child but his, like mine, has gotten much milder since puberty. Still, mine can flare up even now and my lung capacity is crap compared to my peers because of it. I want nothing to do with a respiratory issue.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Total Deaths Pop in mil Deaths per million
    1 Belgium 8,959 11.42 784.36
    2 Spain 27,459 46.72 587.69
    3 Italy 31,610 60.43 523.07
    4 United Kingdom 33,998 66.49 511.33
    5 France 27,498 66.99 410.5
    6 Sweden 3,646 10.18 358.04
    7 Netherlands 5,643 17.23 327.49
    8 Ireland 1,518 4.85 312.76
    9 United States 87,433 327.17 267.24
    10 Switzerland 1,878 8.52 220.51
    11 Canada 5,680 37.06 153.27
    12 Ecuador 2,594 17.08 151.83
    13 Portugal 1,190 10.28 115.74

boom.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Just returning volley the same banter that is served.

For all of the negatives of aging, it has improved my humanity.
    No it hasn't. Just so we're clear, Mr Psycho.

This isn’t a few week deal. We will likely be living like this for a while.

Your biggest risks are around larger groups where people are doing a lot of talking. Avoid those, especially if people aren’t wearing masks.

If you really need to protect yourself, you can use N95 and lots of hand hygiene.

I saw some recent info that indicates the asthma may actually not be a big risk factor, but I would be still careful if it were my loved ones.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti.../covid19/86323
    People do NOT need to be listening to you. LOL!

+ Reply to Thread